Again

Finally, Love!

I decided to pursue the project with Kim because I just witnessed how the fans had reacted with that simple scene. It really made them happy and I owe to them the things I have so I wouldn't deny them the simple joy of seeing Kim and I. I know Kim thinks this way, too. Also, I admit that I was surprised, too when I knew that Kimmy watched my performance. It made me happy even though I was really dying inside. I didn't comment on what Ate Toni said because I didn't want Kim to be dragged at this moment. I know Kim would be so embarassed because of that. 

I also thought that if we would make a project together, I should be the one to make a first move on being civil with her since I'm the guy. So I pulled her to a vacant area and asked her. Good thing was she gladly obliged. However, we agreed on one thing and that was, no mentioning on something bad of the past.  

"Gerald! Five minutes!" a crew shouted from the door that got me out my reverie.

"Okay! Coming!" I shouted back.

I went to the backstage and saw Kim mingling with the Shaina and Enchong. I heard her giggle and it sounded so heavenly as if my problems don't matter anymore. Shaina saw me walking towards them so she smiled at me and pulled Enchong away from Kim. 

"Hey, Kim." I said when I arrived at her side.

"Oh. Hey! You ready?"   

"I don't know. Hindi na ko marunong sumayaw talaga eh." 

"Anong hindi? Ang galing nga nung sayaw mo kanina eh!" Kim said a matter of factly and when she realized what she had just said, she quickly covered . Aw, my little Kimmy was cute. She was already blushing. "I mean, uhh..okay yun." she made a thumb-up sign and turned her back on me. She was trying to suppress her smile.

I just know how to make Kim turn around again and I tried to test it out if it still works.

"Nanood ka pala? Kaya pala I really felt na I was being watched in a different way. Nakakatakot." I said as if I was really scared. Kim turned around and crossed her arms. She was pretending to be mad. Aha! My trick worked!

"Hoy, Geraldo! Wag mo kong maasar-asar diyan kundi!"

"Kundi ano po?" I asked while smiling. I smiled the cutest smile I could give.

"Wag kang ngumiti-ngiti diyan! Hmpf!"

"Okay...okay...okay" I said while laughing. "Baka mamaya niyan lumabas na pagiging violent mo." 

"Tse! Ang sama mo na naman sakin."  

I was still grinning, "Sus! Hindi naman yun yung first time na nangyari yun diba?"

"Oo na. Oo na. Ako na laging nahuhuli." Kim replied nonchalantly.

"Guys! Wait lang kayo diyan, may pinasok na performance muna si Mr. M so namove mamaya yung production niyo. But stay there muna!" one of the crew said. All the artists just nodded. I took this time to talk with Kim and catch-up to the things that had happened while I was gone. Even though I already know some of what she was talking about, it still felt like new because now, it was Kim who was telling me about them and not from other people. All the long, my proudness for her just grew even more. She made a lot of teleseryes already and all of them had high ratings. She also won numerous best actress awards and even had her third album. 

"Ang dami mo ng achievements, Kimmy. Mukhang wala ka ng mahihiling pa ah?" I commented.

She looked into my eyes,"Meron pa."

"Ano? May bahay ka na, ang laki na ng savings mo, ang dami mo ng awards and seryes and movies, cars din and properties tyaka si JP may pamilya na rin. Ano pa?" I asked curiously.

"Syempre, yung happily ever after ko." She whispered. I think my heart skipped a beat when she said those words. How I really wish it could be me. She was looking down but I could see the redness on her cheeks and I was about to hold her hand when suddenly,  

"Kim! Andito ka lang pala." Xian said and hugged Kim. I felt a pang of jealousy because I noticed that Xian was very comfortable on doing these kinds of thing to Kim. The more painful was witnessing how my Kimmy looked so comfortable, too.

"Yes. Namove kasi performance namin eh. Why are you here?"

"Wala lang. Bawal ba?" 

I faked a cough.

"Ge! Pare, andyan ka pala." Xian shook my hand. 

"Oo, pare. Kamusta?" I replied.

"Okay naman. Buti bumalik ka na ah? Tagal mong nawala."

"Yes. May naiwan pala kasi ako dito." I said and looked at Kim momentarily. Apparently, she was watching the screen on the side. I know that Xian knows what I was talking about. So he immediately put his arms around Kim. 

"Kim, can we rehearse a little bit? Medyo nakalimutan ko steps eh." I turned to Kim. "Okay lang ba pare?" I then turned my attention to Xian. 

"Oo naman. Sige. Alis na ko." Xian kissed Kim's cheek and left. I was so irritated at that time.   

"Ge? Bakit ganyan mukha mo? Salubong na naman kilay mo oh." Kim asked.

"Ahh. Wala wala." I replied curtly.

"Sigurado ka ba?" I just nodded at her.

"So practice na tayo?" 

"Wag na pala. Naalala ko na lahat ng steps ulet."   

"Weh?"

"Oo nga!" I mildly shouted at her because the scene awhile ago just kept replaying on my mind

"Ang gulo mo, Anderson ha! Ikaw pa galit." Kim replied irritatedly. She then turned her back on me for the second time this day.

"Sorry na. Kasi ano..." I stood on her back and tried to hold her arms but...a crew shouted "Stand-by na kayo diyan, Gerald! Kayo na susunod." Damn! Laging wrong timing naman oh!

Kim walked towards Enchong and I was left standing there. Enchong then looked at me as if asking what happened but I just shrugged my shoulders at him. I saw him whispered something to Kim and that made her laugh. She then punched Enchong's arm lightly and walked towards my direction. I saw Enchong grinned and made a thumbs-up sign to me. When Kim was already a few meters away from me, I immediately told her that I was so sorry and she just smiled at me in response.

Our production number went on smoothly. The screams from the audience were louder than my performance awhile ago. Whenever it was Kim and I's turn, the screams would just go louder and louder. I noticed that Kim was also having fun. From the years we've been together, all her kinds of smiles are already marked in my mind. I know how she smiles when she's genuinely happy, trying to cover up the pain, get kilig, posing for the cameras and etc. The smile she just had during our production was because of pure of fun. I saw that there were no traces of bitterness or anger anymore. It really  feels good to at least be friends with her again.  

While we were walking on our way to the backstage,

Kim was walking by my side. "Ganda ng performance natin ah." I commented.

"I agree! Though muntik na ko madapa kanina. Buti nasalo mo kagad ako. Thank you." She replied and smiled.

"Sus! Wala yun, Miss Chiu. Malakas ka sakin eh." It was true that she almost fell. During the performance, Kim didn't see the leg of the back-up dancer when she walked towards the upper stage so she almost lost her balance. Good thing was my eyes were on Kim and I caught her just in time. I thought that she held my hand a little longer than it should be and that made me smile wide.

Kim was looking at me intently, "Laki ng ngiti diyan, Mr. Anderson ha?"

"May naalala lang po." 

"Sino?" I noticed that Kim's voice change a little when she asked me.

"Hindi po sino. Pangyayari po kasi naalala ko. Okay?" I said and I just smiled wider. Kim instantly blushed.

"So anong pangyayari yan at sobra sobra na yang ngiti mo. Aabot na ata hanggang sa moon oh!" She said and pinched me on my stomach.

I stuck out my tongue, "Secret! Hindi pwede sayo yun."

Kim pinched my ear lightly just like the old times, "Bili na! Share mo na."

"Bakit ba gusto mong malaman?" I said then laughed.

"Wala lang. Pero kanina ako nagkwento sa buhay ko, tas ikaw yun lang naman hindi mo pa masabi." Hmmmm. She's trying to trick me! She even had pouted and eyes chinky.

"Miss Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu, hindi po magwowork yang strategy mo. Okay? Kabisado ko na yan." I tickled her armpit and she giggled.

"Mapapaamin din kita, Anderson. Wait ka lang. Iisipin ko muna." Kim replied and posed like an old wise man.