s i x

Avoiding Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After they neatly gathered Sehun's belongings in two big trolley bags, and some of the MVP trophies from his basketball league were carefully put in boxes full of packing peanuts, Sehun took one last look of the room.

 

Was he double checking for anything he could've missed when he packed?

 

Or he was just eagerly waiting for Lu Han to say something, like "Why don't we hang out at the bubble tea shop from time to time, since I won't get to be with you for the whole 24 hours?" Stuff like that.

 

Sehun looked at Lu Han who was bending down to secure the string bindings of the boxes. He seemed to focused in tying knots there. 

 

Will Lu Han even miss me?  Sehun thought. He wanted to voice out his thoughts to Lu Han, just like the straightforward guy he is- or was, but then fear of rejection shot straight through his heart. What if he just laughs at me and says "No, Sehun, don't kid around and think like that!"?

 

So Sehun kept silent, not wanting to move nor to say anything. He just wanted to savor the moment of being alone with Lu Han, knowing that after this eventful day, chances will be slim of them getting together. Not unless Lu Han will offer to share a shower with him after varsity practices.

 

Will they be awkward after this? Sehun was so afraid to find out, or even to try finding out.

 

But why am I so affected by him and every single thing he does?  It's not like I like him in that way, right?!

 

"Sehun... Sehun."

 

Lu Han's sweet, mellow voice burst his thought bubble, just as he was staring into space again.

 

"Yeah?" Sehun whispered. He wasn't even sure if he really heard himself or not.

 

"Finally, after three and a half years, I'll be able to get a new college roommate!" Lu Han announced happily, and by his declaration, Sehun got more depressed.

 

"The best part is, he-"

 

Lu Han suddenly felt Sehun's mood shift and put an arm around the maknae's shoulder, and upon the contact, Sehun's whole body went all rigid. 

 

"I'm just joking, okay? Don't take things too seriously or else you'll die young. Like now. See, you're tensing up again. How many times have I told you to loosen up and lay back."

 

Sehun wasn't sure if he should just leave immediately or cry, or shout at Lu Han for being so thick-headed and plain insensitive.

 

"Hey," Lu Han noticed that Sehun didn't even react to his supposed-to-be joke. "Smile for gege." And then he tried to pinch Sehun's cheeks to stretch his pink lips, but Sehun coldly swatted his fingers away.

 

"Don't just touch my face like that!" Sehun instinctively scolded him, and he immediately regretted it after Lu Han backed away from him. The least he wanted was for Lu Han to really cut connections with him. No, he must be the one to cut connections with Lu Han. Not the other way around.

 

"I mean," Sehun cleared his throat. "You know that I am very uncomfortable when people just touch my face like that. After three and a half years of being roommates, you should know the things that irk me." That was just an excuse. He badly wanted Lu Han to say sorry and then, he will forgive the older. But it seems like the other has thought of another different thing.

 

"Aish, you germophobe." Lu Han just laughed, completely ignoring Sehun's totally disappointed look on his usual poker face.

 

Just then, Sehun's phone vibrated in his pocket so he fished it out and went to answer the call without looking at the caller ID.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"This is Huang Zitao. I believe your mother has notified you regarding me accompanying you to the airport to meet Yifan-ge."

 

Weird, Sehun thought. Tao also calls Yifan his gege? But then he might just be innately respectful.

 

But on the other hand, he was more than ecstatic to meet his older brother. He instantly forgot about Lu Han who was right there beside him, not skipping a syllable of their phone conversation.

 

"Of course! And you are his bestfriend, right?"

 

"Yes, I am." Sehun has never seen this Tao guy before but he sure is scary. Just by hearing his fierce and husky voice, Sehun's goosebumps started to surface on his milky white skin.

 

"Great," he was running out of words to say.

 

"I am parked in a red Maserati right outside your dormitory. Hurry up, let's waste no time in meeting Yifan-ge." Tao demanded. Sehun was irritated by this 'best friend' of his hyung. How dare he call Yifan his gege too?!

 

"Fine, just wait for me there." Sehun huffed under his breath, still wanting to make a good impression on this Tao guy. He hurriedly pressed the end call and put the phone in his pocket.

 

An awkward silence stretched between the two of them, as if they're oceans away from each other. Sehun wondered, could they ever be more than roommates?

 

"Well... I guess this is goodbye..." He shakily told Lu Han, who was staring at him with bright doe eyes. Sehun's hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter