f o u r

Avoiding Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whistle screeched as the players moved their feet across the vast flooring of the gym. The basketball varsity players were practicing their free throws for the upcoming playoffs against their rival school, the Chinese University of Performing Arts.

 

Everyone was already sweating their heads off but Sehun did not break into a single drop of sweat. He is the star player of their team, the MVP, and the captain. He's basically everything you will find in an ideal, promising basketball player. He could probably play a one-man band against a whole set of players and still win in the end.

 

The noisy male cheerleaders were oogling at him, even making googly eyes and putting up banners, thinking that Sehun will spare a glance at them.

 

Up in the bleachers were about two hundred students intensely watching the team as they practice.

 

"Man, this whole gym is always full because of you. I'm so jealous." Jongin, one of Sehun's fraternity members and his best friend said jokingly.

 

"I've gotten used to it, hyung." Sehun replied with a smug smile, to which Jongin returned with a playful slap on the back.

 

"Tell me, what's your secret?" Chanyeol joined in their conversation, since they were in the end of the line so that means they get to free throw last.

 

"You really wanna know?" Sehun crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes.

 

"Of course we want to! I mean, the people around here practically worship you! And what are you, some demigod?" Chanyeol flailed his arms in the air.

 

"That's not all! Besides being the most prominent player in our team, you also are part of the *dean's list! For your age, you're just supposed to be a freshman or something. But you're already a senior." Jongin.

 

[*dean's list- a list of the honor rollers]

 

"Yeah, and you have a really huge fanbase outside the school." Chanyeol added. "So c'mon! You don't have to be so greedy about it. Just spill the beans, Sehun."

 

"It's no secret." Sehun's eyes twinkled mysteriously. "Everyone knows about it."

 

"What?!" The two men's eyes widened and their jaws dropped open in shock.

 

"My secret is because I'm simply Oh Sehun."

 

"Yah! We thought you were really going to share your secret to us!" Jongin playfully punched Sehun in the shoulder, and the other just cracked up in laughter.

 

"Why can't you say something serious this time." Chanyeol just face palmed. "You're so lucky you're the frat supremo."

 

"Yeah, and I have a whole battalion of sasaengs if you want to clobber me to death because of my answer." Sehun winked.

 

After the other players practiced their free throws, Sehun was called next. He bent his knees a little bit and steadily dribbled the basketball, with his left and right hands alternating.

 

The whole gym shook with squeals and shouts, because their favorite player is going to play ball right now. Sehun's already used to this behavior of the rowdy students but what really distracted him was a certain doe-eyed brunet named Lu Han.

 

The said boy was flexing his muscles outside the gym, on the grassy football field and it just happened on coincidence that he was facing the big opening of the gym, and it just happened that Sehun was about to shoot right there.

 

The sun's rays shone on Lu Han's , for he had found the weather so hot that he actually stripped off his jersey top and decided to go topless, hence showing his tanned skin, the complexion branded with the experiences of football practices and toned to perfection.

 

And then he decided to do some push ups on the field, making Sehun dribble the basketball way too fast, but the blond boy's heart beat was indeed faster than the ball bouncing up and down on the floor.

 

A sweet, harmonious, angelic sound filled Sehun's ears as he envisioned Lu Han as an angel with a bucket full of iness. His eyes were glued to the sight of the older boy's glistening body, his mind thinking a million thoughts that he did not even think of before.

 

The other people clearly did not see what wonderful sight Sehun was seeing, because they were too worked up because why isn't Sehun throwing the ball like a professional varsity player would?!

 

Their coach impatiently drew on his whistle, making Sehun part away from his pleasurable trance and waking up in a gym full of shouting people, whistle blows and drums.

 

"Oh Sehun! Just shoot the ball, will 'ya?!" Their coach hollered madly. The other players were so confused at the unexpected actions of the maknae in their team. In their past practices, it was Sehun who would always urge the teammates to focus and put their heads in the game. However, this time it was the complete opposite.

 

Poor Sehun just followed what his coach said but he aimlessly flung the ball towards the ring. Instead of going through the net, the ball hit the metal sides of the ring and back to Sehun. He wasn't even alert. He just lied down after the ball miserably hit his forehead.

 

His fellow members and his coach all rushed to his direction, trying to find out what happened to him.

 

"Sehun-ah! Get up!" Jongin commanded, shaking his shoulders.

 

"What's happened to you?!" Chanyeol asked, pumping his chest.

 

"Look there's a big lump on his forehead!" Joonmyeon, the small forward, pointed out. The lump that the basketball had caused was beginning to turn into a bluish violet color.

 

Sehun's lips parted but his eyes did not fully open yet. It was as if he's trying to convey something.

 

"Shut up, guys! He's trying to tell us something!" Chanyeol shushed the other teammates who were already bombarding S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter