Chapter 8

Steel Heart

 

Two days later Lena was wondering if she could call her aunt after all. As she was lying in bed and staring at the ceiling, her phone ringed for received message.

"Hey, how are you? Do you take your medicine?" - Private Number

Lena widened her eyes and cursed.


"Depends on who's asking...?"

 

"ㅋㅋㅋ You stupid! Park Chanyeol, of course!"

 

'Ugh,' Lena grunted and locked her phone.

Minutes later she was burried with rings of her phone. She tried to take a nap but failed. Lena grunted and moaned of annoyance but still ignored the texts.
'Ya!' somebody yelled. Lena stood up immediately and saw Chanyeol at the door.

'What the hell are you doing here?' She yelled back at him. 'You can't come here now!'

'I just wanted to see how you're doing,' he smiled sincerely. He smiled a lot these days.

'Why are you sending so much text messages? It's annoying.'

'Sorry,' he apologied and sat on the bed. 'I really hope to see you next week in school. Healthy.'

'I will be, don't worry,' replied Lena. Then something snapped. 'Why do you even worry? You don't care about me.'

'Don't I?' he asked surpriced by her question. 'Do you remember who was protecting you from Kai the past weeks? Or have you lost your mind, too?'

'You little brat!' cursed Lena and threw a pillow at Chanyeol. Who was he messing with?

Chanyeol was laughing and laughing until his stomach and face hurt. What was so funny anyway?
'Why are you laughing like that? Everybody will know that you are here now!' yelled Lena.

'Then why are you yelling at me?' Chanyeol returned the loud noise.
Lena facepalmed herself and laid back.

'I want to rest. Get out.'

'If you had seen my texts, you would know my intentions.'

Lena frowned and unlocked her phone. She stared at the texts in disbelief.

 

"Why aren't you answering? I am coming anyway."

"On my way. Just entering the hospital."

"I am not going to leave you, you know. I just asked the doctor. You are out today."

"I also called your aunt. She knows I will pick you up but also..."

"I will spend the rest of the day with you."

"Once the sun is down you can leave my embrace!^^"

 

'Are you frustrated?' Chanyeol asked with a sudden seriousness on his face. Lena stood up, took her pillow and started hitting him. 'Ah, ah, stop it! Yah!'
Chanyeol grabbed her wrists and she stopped moving. He lifted her bridal style and Lena widened her eyes. She started kicking and grunting.

'Let me go!' She yelled.

Chanyeol continued laughing and let her fall on the bed. He crossed his leg over hers and held her wrists on her head height. Lena stared him in disbelief again but she couldn't move. He bent lower to her face as she turned her head sideways.

'Look at me,' he whispered. Lena couldn't fight him like that so she did what he asked her. 'Do I look funny to you?'

No, actually, not a bit. He had something in his eyes she hadn't seen before. It wasn't gentle, it wasn't rough, either. His muscles were protruded from the strength he was putting in holding her down. He wasn't going too hard on her skin.
Chanyeol looked dangerous. Just like Kai. She soon expected a death threat from these boys even though the one lying on her now was one of them and she couldn't imagine him hurt anyone.
But maybe she was wrong not for the first time
.

'Get up,' Lena said, ignoring his question.

'Answer me or I will kiss you.'

'What?' yelled in disgust Lena and she tried to push him again. He didn't move. 'Okay, no, I don't think you are funny. I just...'

Lena wondered if she should say what was on the tip of her tongue for years.
'I don't want to go with you.'

Chanyeol's expression became gloomy. He thought she was already head over hills for him. He was never rejected even though he hadn't gone out with many girls. Excluding this fact, he knew how to make a girl fall in love. He backed off slowly and sat on the bed. Lena exhaled loudly. Chanyeol heard that.
She was holding her breath, he thought. Why?

'Chanyeol-ah... I meant that I'm too weak to walk long distances,' Lena tried to fix the situation. She thought he already understood that not her arm or anything was the problem. It was him. 'I've been lying here for six days.'

That was a lie. She was taking strolls all around the place. Sometimes she took rests.

'You said otherwise,' he said. His voice cracked.
Lena tried to cheer him up and smiled.

'Yah, you baby. I said that because I didn't know what to answer. I didn't want you to know that I am lazy.'

Chanyeol curled his lips and his eyes glowed. 'Really?'

'Of course,' she poked him.

'Then... Shall we go now?' He smiled fully and Lena frowned at the irony that she missed that dorky smile.

'I am half- in this... thing. I will go to the restroom.'

'I will wait here.'

Lena took her clothes and cosmetics. She walked to the restroom in the end of the hall. The door of the boy in coma was opened. There was somebody inside. Lena stopped and quickly hid behind the door and stalked. She saw the rich family. Bastards, she thought. Then the yonger man went on the other side of the bed and bent down to the sick boy. Then Lena's jaw dropped. 
That rich moron was Kai. Kim ing Jongin. He was the bad one. The one that got drunk and beat the poor boy to this state. The one who was now torturing her. The one she was avenging. The one whose life was precious. The one she was going to make him keep hanging.
'That brat,' Lena whispered to herself and after that she continued her way to the restroom.

 

'What took you so long?' Chanyeol complained.

'Sorry, I think... Do you know what Kai's been doing these days?'

'Hmm...' Chanyeol grunted. 'I think he is with his family and Kyungsoo's family at Jeju. Why?'

'Nothing.'

'Are you possibly interested in him?' pouted Chanyeol.

Lena exhaled loudly, annoyed by his statement. Yes, I am but not in that way, she thought.
'I said it's nothing.'

'God damn it,' whispered Chanyeol to himself.

She's so dificult, thought Chanyeol. She's not like the other girls I can get at any time. She's dangerous. Kai's so nasty. Why did he choose her?
And what did Baekhyun said a few days ago? Kai chose him because he was awkward and ignorant with girls. How this could be a reason?

'So where would you like to go today?' He asked,not knowing what he could do if she was that stubborn the whole time.

'Home,' Lena replied.

'Hmm...' Chanyeol thought for a second. 'No, I'm not giving you a ride home. You will be with me the whole afternoon.'

'Why are y-' then something in Lena's mind snapped. 'Okay then, you decide where we'll go.'

Chanyeol hasn't really thought of that. He didn't know what they could do. Then he recalled of a company related to his father's. They sponsored bands from all over the world and once a year, they come to Seoul.

'There is an amazing concert tonight. I can even get you to meet the artists.

Lena ignored his excitement. But she has never been to a concert in Seoul. She wondered what would it be here. 

'Is the band foreign?' She asked.

'Yes, my father sponsores them.'

'Then we should see them.'