Chapter 14

Steel Heart

 

'Oh, I'm out of water,' complained Yosong. 'I will go and refill my bottle.' She was ready to stand up and go but Lena stopped her.

'Wait, I will go instead. I can't feel my legs, I need to take a walk.'

'Alright, as you wish.'

Lena actually really needed to clear her mind but how was this going to happen? She needed to relax, digest things and calm her soul because she was very tensed lately. Magazines were asking for meetings, managers as well and she didn't know what to do. Should she take the offers. Maybe she had to let everything out. Was a good scream on the rooftop going to help?

She filled the bottle with water and headed back to class. Lena was watching how her slim legs were moving and how cool her new sneakers were. Selfish, right? When she was smiling at her feet, she bumped into somebody. It was a boy.

'I'm sorry,' she bowed and tried to walk past him but the boy didn't let her go. She looked at him and scoffed at the sight of the person in front of her.

He caught her arms so suddenly that Lena was startled for the first time in her life.

'Chanyeol!' she yelled at him. 'Let me go!' Lena screamed in pain again. His grip was tight, very tight.

'Listen!' he yelled in response. 'Just listen what I've got to say. Look, I know  that maybe we shouldn't be having this conversation. You tricked me and I fell for it. Yes, I feel bad for letting you do that. I thought we were kind of close, as friends. We share the same destiny and we are bound to do what other say because that's who we are. But I want to keep you close and I want to talk to you because you are the only person that understood me. Let's not let money and deception take us over. Santimentality shouldn't takes us over as well. Let's forget about what happened and start all over again. I can forget, can you do that?'

Lena stared him with a poker face. She wasn't touched by his words. Some of them got into her head but went away fast. She smiled victoriously because she knew that soon was the time he was going to uncover the ugly truth under these beautiful words. It was like he was begging for her attention. And yet, she was supposed to be the victim.

'I can forget about you, but in that case you were the one who was used. Aren't you supposed to be giving yourself more time to rethink and decide if you want to take my hand of trust again? I am sure it must be hard for you to forgive. I mean, it's very hard to earn the trust of somebody you lied for so long.'

Chanyeol watched move and digested everything she said. She was right. She wasn't right about lying him but it had to be carma. He was a very bad guy. But he had to finish what he started, whether he wanted it or not.

'Are you coming tomorrow to my mother's?' He asked, hoping she would still agree to do the photo shoot.

'Of course,' she smiled viciusly. 'Otherwise I would've lied for nothing.'

Lena flipped her hair and walked past him. She was still smiling at herself for what she did. She was mean and she knew it.