Chapter 6

Steel Heart

 

It was a new week for all the students. Lena wasn't very happy because she knew that Kai would be very pissed off and Chanyeol would try to connect with her again. Even though after that night in the mansion she had 't heard from him, she knew he would be enthusiastic.
Lena didn't want to go to school. But because she didn't have other choice, she jumped out of the car and entered the school halls. Everybody stared at her and followed her eith their curious gazes. She went to her locker and opened it. Lena put out her books and before putting them in the locker, somebody pushed them on the ground. Lena's jaw dropped and looked up. It was no other than Kai who did it. He was mockingly smiling and giggling.

'You thought ramen and nasty food on my head would stop me from bullying you? Oh, poor soul,' he pouted. Lena rolled her eyes and kneeled to gather her books. Kai kneeled, too and helped her.

'I hate it when the victims think they are winners. You just can't help but mock their stupidity.'
Lena grabbed the books of Kai's hands and gave him dead glare. 'I don't think you're in the position to judge and spread your philosophy.'

'Yeah, you're right,' he stopped and stood up. Kai just walked away and that was it. It was too easy to beat him this time.

Lena put her books back in the locker and got her sport clothes. She went to the changing room and realised she was being late. Lena quickly put on her trousers, sweatshirt and sneakers. Lena tried to get to the school track as fast as she could. The students had already began their warm-up exercises. She jogged to her teacher and apologised for being late. He said that for punishment she will run the 100 metres first. It wasn't problem for her.
When Lena heard the whistle, she forced and knew she would have a good time?

Yes, but Kai and Baekhyun didn't think like that. Kai pushed Baekhyun in front of Lena in the last seconds before she bumped in him and fell. Kai laughted while Baekhyun cursed at him. Chanyeol was the one who ran to her in the minute he saw her on the ground. Both with Baekhyun helped her get on her feet.
Then Lena felt extraordinary and enormous pain in her left elbow. It hurt so much and she couldn't move it. She took a look at it and it looked awful. It was sprained. 'Oh my! Get your hands off of me!' She yelled at Chanyeol. He was trying to help. The teacher knew what happened and immediately called the ambulance. Lena went inside the school to get her phone and call her aunt. The woman told her to go to the hospital and call her when she can be visited. Lena had always been strong but right now, she couldn't bear it. It hurt so much. And everything because of Kai again. That boy wasn't going to give up, was he?

After several hours of pain and the doctors taking care of Lena, she finally called her aunt. She said she would be there in 30 minutes. Lena waited and waited but nobody was coming. She was wondering what to do in a hospital. It was still lunch time. Lena decided to take a walk around. It was better than lying and crying of pain. She was looking at the clock every minute. The time was passing so slow.

'Hey,' whispered (or tried to) a voice at the door. Lena looked it that direction and saw Chanyeol. What was he doing here?

'What do you want?' Lena asked not bothering to look at him.

'How are you?' he ignored her question and stepped in the room. He sat on the other edge of the bed and stared at her. Lena wasn't going to look at him. But she couldn't resist to see his face. It was all wrinkled of worrying thoughts and pity. She tried to smile. Making him a little interested in her was a step forward. How could she even think about his bull right now when she was the one suffering?

'I'm fine. It just hurts a lot.'      

Chanyeol smiled relieved by her words.

'Is it bad?' He asked another question.

'No, the doctor said that for maximum a week I should be free to go. My bones are strong and I have a fast-recovering system or something, he said. Anyway,' she stopped and watched his smile fade when she asked again. 'What do you want? Why are you here?'

'I feel...' Chanyeol stopped. He couldn't say what he wanted. 'I felt like I should be here and...'

'Apologize for Kai?' Lena scoffed. She wasn't sure if that was the real reason but it better be. 

'No,' he shot the answer immediately. 'It's not my business to apologize for something I had no part in. It's my business to check on you.'

'Why?'
'Because...' Chanyeol didn't know why either. The deal? No, it wasn't time for that. 'I don't know,' he answered honestly.

Lena shut up and stared at the empty wall in front of her bed. Was he serious? She didn't want to think that he was sincere. Boys like him and his friends were way too familiar to her and she didn't trust them.

'Okay, so, I got you the tablet and the books you wan-' her aunt entered the room and was left very surprised by the situation. 'Oh, Mr. Park? What are you doing here?' The woman smiled and moved her gaze from Lena to the boy.

'Please,' Chanyeol stood up and smiled. He bowed and greeted the woman. 'just Chanyeol. I came here to see your niece because what happened was partly my fault. Now I will go. I wish you quick recovery...' he stopped before walking out of the room and smiled. The girl looked in his direction. '...Kim Lena.'

When he left, aunt Mary was still dumbfounded by what happened. The son of her biggest ally in the economical world of big companies was getting close with her niece. That could be a new tactic used by the Parks. Lena had to know more.

'What was that smirk and... thing about?'

'Nothing. I'm just testing him,' explained Lena.

'Did he come here on his own will?'

'Yes, he did. Strange, huh?'

'Never mind, we will... Oh, wait!' aunt Mary screamed in excitement. 'Mrs. Park called this morning and said that you are incredible! She also suggested that you should be one of the three female models for their spring and summer collection of the magazine. What do you think?'

Lena was the dumbfounded at that moment. She never thought she could be a model for a magazine or a model at all. She wasn't sure what that meant.
'Will that brat be there? Will he be modeling?' Lena asked about Chanyeol. Her aunt seemed to not get for whom she was talking at first but after she realised, she hit her thigh.

'Don't talk like that! Just look at him, he's a God!'

'What did you say? You definitely like him more than me. I hate him. And his friends even more. They did this to me.'

'What happened? Tell me now.'

'I was running the 100m when the bully Jongin pushed his friend in front of me when I was on that spot, we collided, I fell and sprained my arm.'

'Awful! Such an arrogant kids. Don't worry, he will get what he deserves' Mary caressed Lena's head.

'I'm working on it,' Lena smiled viciously.

'You little devil!' They both giggled and Mary hugged her niece. 'Think about the model thing. It's a plus for your career as well.'

'Tell Mrs. Park that...' Lena stopped and realized she didn't think about that for a second. But who cared when they both would have something to win? '...I accept.'


A/N: Hello readers! I just want to say that I am very happy that for only a week of intensively updating I reached over 100 views which is kind of big deal for me. :D Thank you for everything, especially on my subscribers. Please, leave comments or anything to show some love, I'm really into this story and I would like to see how people reach on what's going on. :)

Thank you! Have a nice day.