Chapter 6

All Bets Are Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a week, Dara thought she would die from trying to hold her laughter everytime she meets Donghae. And seeing his face everytime she did something only a clingy, paranoid, crazy girlfriend would do.

 

Well, she wasn’t exactly the girlfriend but isn’t that what the bet is? So she just assumed she already is. And it’s making her everyday life so fun she’s going to miss this after handing Donghae his .

 

But she’s gotta admit, it’s kinda grueling to try to be someone you are absolutely not. Nobody ever told her being a girl is gonna be this exhausting.

 

Donghae on the other hand is on the verge of giving the bet up. After that day of Dara going crazy on him at the restaurant, Dara had spammed him with text messages. At 2 am in the morning. Yes, 2 am. Time when he was sleeping and resting for even talking to her. He saw almost a hunded unread text messages when he woke up the next morning, And it’s all from Dara.

 

How can you think our first date is something to be sarcastic about?

 

I can’t believe you’re not even texting me back.

 

Why are you ignoring me?

 

I’m sorry. Please don’t ignore me.

 

I’m sorry for blowing up like that. Today was really special for me but I was so sensitive today because my pet rat died. I caught her when I had moved in and we were together since then. You were the only one who made her feel better.

 

I am now at my pet rat’s burial and I thank you because now I can let her go.

 

Why aren’t you texting me?

 

Fine, if you don’t want to see me anymore. Don’t ever call me.

 

Why aren’t you calling me?!!

 

I couldn’t sleep since you left! But I guess I wasn’t that special for you to spare a minute to text back.

 

Notice me please!

 

Fine. I guess this is goodbye.

 

Donghae had given up reading the rest and he buried his face in his pillow muffling his growls. Vowing to  kill KiBum. There are a thousand normal girls on the planet, did he really have to pick a girl who’s beyond insane?  He never should’ve mentioned Sandara Park that day at that café. He blames himself as well. He also blames Siwon. He should’ve pressed on with his gentleman and boss side that they shouldn’t use any one under his employ.

 

He’s just so irritated that he didn’t bother texting back. Let her stew on her craziness. But after spending a day in the office, the bet keeps crossing his mind. And what he’s going to lose after giving up for only less than 5 days so he decided to drive to CSW buying a boquet of flowers as a peace offering. He had breathed a sigh of relief when Dara accepted his apology that night.

 

But her peace mode only lasted until the next morning when her secretary called during their drive for breakfast. She accused him of talking to some other girl while she is in the car with him then demanded to let her off now as she doesn’t want to be with him. He had tried to explain that it was his  secretary but she wouldn’t listen. She said unless it was a boy, then he’s not allowed to talk to anybody on the phone if he’s with her. Then she walked away.  Donghae had clenched his fists and banged it on the streering wheel  in agitation. He doesn’t know how much more of this he could stand. He revved off feeling he’s going to blow.

 

And Kibum had picked that moment to call taunting him again on his progress. He yelled at him and punched the end button on his phone several times wishing KiBum called on the office phone so he would have the satisfaction of slamming it. After calming down, he, again,  went to her house to make another peace offering. This time, a big stuffed toy. And Dara, again, accepted his apology. He wanted to forget about dinner and just go home but Dara pouted using reasons like he doesn’t want to feed her anymore. So they went to the nearest restaurant. As he had dreaded, she blew up again. Just because he was talking to the waitress. Ordering their food. And when her insanity kicks, there is no reasoning with her. He just put his head on the table as Dara ranted on how he is such a cassanova and he’s not even doing it in secret then she walked out of the restaurant leaving Donghae to boil in humiliation of having a psychotic girl.

 

Now at an early Sunday morning, Donghae decided not to come out of the house and just reconstructure his plan. Maybe there’s some kind of strategy he needs to make so Dara can just declare her love for him in front of the guys as soon as possible. This is like an Advertisement challenge. Getting to the correct concept to satisfy a client. But where do he begin?

 

Start with the things the client doesn’t want. So he took out a paper and a pen and listed all the things Dara doesn’t want him to do:

 

1.Talk to his secretary

2.Talk to girls in general

3.Follow her every psychotic attack

 

CRAZY GIRL!!!!

 

He drew a several lines underneath the last words he had written. There’s no telling what Dara would want if she’s on her crazy mode.

 

And that is all the time.

 

He leaned back on his couch putting a hand on his face. He had never realized it’s going to be this hard. Maybe he should demand her to tell his friends right now she loves him so this will be over.

 

The doorbell chimed. He got up and went to check the video door phone propped on the wall to see who it is. He gawked when he saw Dara smiling outside his door.

 

“ What the…” he cursed. “ !”

 

He breathed in to get himself ready to be calm enough to talk to her. Even trying to smile is so difficult for him especially when he had planned not to see her today.

 

“ !”  He ranted again before forcing a smile on his face and pushing a button to open his door.

 

“ Dara,”  he said. “What are you doling here?”

 

Dara held up a plastic bag. “I brought you this.” She stepped in without being invited to, nudging Donghae out of the way and went straight to his kitchen. Donghae, not able to do anything, closed the door and followed her. She is now unwrapping what she had brought.

 

“Don’t you have work?” Donghae asked.

 

“I have asked if I could have another day off. Since we don’t have filming much, they agreed.” She looked at Donghae and smiled. “I know that we didn’t really get off on good terms last night.” She giggled. “I just don’t know what’s wrong with me. Sometimes I get this feeling of… being mad all the time that I don’t know what’s happening. But don’t worry, it only happens like, once in a blue moon so it won’t happen again.”

 

Right. Donghae refrained himself from grimacing. “How do you know where I live?”

 

Dara looked at him and smiled manically, her eyes worthy of a sasaeng fan Eunhyuk often tells him about. “I followed you home last night. With a taxi.”

 

Okay, this girl is now seriously scaring him. Maybe he need to move somewhere else. Change his lock or something.

 

Dara placed a bowl of noodles in his table and opened the cover.

 

“So. As a peace offering, I cooked you breakfast,”  Dara continued. “So we wouldn’t have to go out.”

 

Donghae reluctantly looked at the bowl of noodles. It was reddish in color. The noodles are soggy. There are some vegetable he couldn’t identify and there are a lot of peppers floating.

 

Donghae drew back. “Thank you, that’s really sweet but I had just  breakfast.”

 

Dara’s smiling face fall. “You don’t want it? You don’t accept my apology?”

 

“No.” Donghae shook his head. “I… could never be… mad at you. I accept your apology. I’m just… full.”

 

Dara’s mouth turned downward and was quivering. “I had never cooked in my life and this is is the first time I had actually made something for someone. But you don’t want it… you don’t want it. I guess, I wasn’t really that important to you huh. Okay, I understand. I’m not going to bother you anymore.”  She started to pack to the bowl.

 

“It’s not that,” Donghae said stopping her hand but Dara just pushed his hand away, still continuing to pack what food she brought. “Okay, Ill eat it.” What he wouldn’t do for a ing bet!

Dara stopped and turned to him with a radiant smile. “Really?” She put the bowl in the table again and opened the cover, and handed Donghae the spoon. She pulled the chair and told Donghae to sit. Donghae sat eyeing the noodles in distaste. If it tastes as awful as it looked, then he might end up being brought in the hospital.

 

“Go on,” Dara urged with a frenzied smile on her face.

 

Donghae scooped a litte and tried to open his mouth. He could feel it shaking. But Dara took the spoon before he could taste it and to his horror, scooped a lot and put it in front of his mouth. He tried to decline but the minute he opened his mouth, Dara put the spoon inside it.

 

“So? How does it taste?” Dara asked.

 

Donghae swallowed and it only took a moment before he felt his mouth on fire. He coughed, his face going red as he also felt his throat burning.

 

“Oh my gosh,” Dara said calmly. “Are you okay? Do you need something to drink?” Donghae had managed to nod his head amidst all his coughing and Dara took out one bottle inside the plastic bag she had, uncapping it. She gave it to Donghae and he immediately tipped the bottle to drink. Then sprayed it. This was the same soup he just ate! He really felt his mouth turning into ashes now. He scrambled off the chair and went straight to his refrigator to gulp a carton of milk.

 

Dara just leaned on the table studying her nails as Donghae drank his milk then stood up straight and put a worried expression on her face. “Are you okay? I thought you wanted the soup, I didn’t understand you wanted milk. Did I made it too hot?” She bit her lip as she saw his lips starting to get puffy and red. Donghae could only grunt, making sounds she didn’t undertand.

 

“You don’t like it,” Dara said. “I knew it. I just knew it. If you don’t like my cooking then you really don’t like me. Fine, I don’t need you.” She dropped the spoon with the clatter. “You can just throw this in the garbage. Like you did my heart.” Then she turned around and walked out.

 

By the time she was waiting for the elevator, she was laughing hysterically, not able to hold it in. She is so evil! And she’s damn proud of it. That little would better remember not to mess with her. The elevator door opened and she walked in still laughing, punching the Ground Floor button when a hand suddenly stopped the door from closing. Her eyes went wide as she saw Donghae. She immediately turned her laughing into wailing.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter