He's my ex

Kiss Kiss Kiss

~Key POV~

Since our date, I haven’t seen Jonghyun except for when he called me when he couldn’t sleep again on Sunday night.

I spent Saturday at Amber’s with her and Taemin, telling them everything about what had happened.

“Oh my gosh umma! Good for you!” Taemin perked up when I finished telling the story.

“Huh?”

“Jonghyun hyung so wants to kiss you!”

Wha? Well, I don’t know about that. When I told them this, they both just scoffed.

“Please, Key. This is what, the second time he almost kissed you? He practically asked you to do it! And” Amber raised an eyebrow. “He kissed you three times.” Not on the lips though.

I rubbed the back of my neck. “Um, four actually.”

Her eyes got wide. “Huh?”

“He my finger when it was bleeding.”

She whacked my arm. “And you didn’t tell me because?”

I pouted and shrugged. Maybe I was embarrassed? She sighed again.

“Key, whatever. He tried to kiss you. Twice. Third time’s the charm.”

Third time’s the charm? “So you mean, I’m going to end up kissing him soon?”

Taemin smiled and practically jumped up and down. “Key, that’s great!”

That’s great? No, it’s not! If we kiss, all of my feelings will just burst out and we’ll never be the same again! We’re already doing great, but who knows what I’ll do if he kisses me. It was hard enough holding back when he kissed my cheek or nose.

When I told this to them, they just stared at me confused. “My God Key, you’re confusing” Amber sighed, rubbing her temple.

I pouted again and sighed. “Well, what did you do yesterday? I forgot to call you.” I really needed to change the subject. Talking about my relationship with that idiot seemed to be the only interesting thing they wanted to do.

She beamed. “I was hanging out with some fans. They’re so cute and fun, like little kids!” she giggled and I smiled.

Amber was no doubt very popular. Especially among girls. When we don’t hang out, she’s always out with girls who adore her.

“I spent yesterday with Minho before he had to leave.” Taemin told me when I asked him what he did. Minho had to leave to visit his sickly grandma, leaving a pouty Taemin all in my care for the weekend.

After that, we talked about whatever came to mind until Taemin and I left. Thankfully, I had managed to avoid bringing up or thinking of Jonghyun. Which included not talking about puppies or dinosaurs.

That night, I took what they had said into deep thought. I’m going to end up kissing him eventually? And soon?

Does this mean he likes me? Wait, when the hell did that come up! I bit my bottom lip and forced myself to stop thinking so much about it and drifted off to sleep.

Sunday flew by with me running errands and spending a lot of minutes talking to Jonghyun and next thing I knew, it was already time to say goodbye to the weekend and go to school.

I sat on my bed reading a magazine while I waited for Jonghyun to some pick me up. Amber was walking with her fans and Taemin; Minho.

I frowned. What could be taking him so long? I looked at the clock. Screw this, I’ll just walk by myself I thought in my head as I grabbed my bag angrily and walked towards the front of the house.

Hmph. He tries to kiss me one day and the next, he doesn’t even bother to walk me to school. Imma kick his . Not that I was thinking of his .

I opened the door and was about to stomp to school when I suddenly ran into something strong. “Ouch” I rubbed my nose and stared at Jonghyun, who tried to look as innocent as possible and for some reason, was holding his hands behind his back.

“You’re late. As usual” I huffed out at him.

“Oh, sorry. But, I have a good reason!” his smile stretched from ear to ear and I raised my eyebrows.

“What?”

“This” he took his hands out from behind his back and practically shoved a blur of blue in my face.

I sniffed and inhaled the sweet scent of flowers. When I opened my eyes, I was staring at a big boquet of blue daisies.

“Jonghyun!” I gasped, taking the flowers from him. “This is for me?”

“No, it’s for our teacher. Yes it’s for you!” he said as I sniffed the flowers more. They smelled so sweet, and since they were from him, they seemed to be even sweeter.

“But, why?”

“What, I can’t go around handing out flowers?”

I raised my eyebrows but gathered the courage to lean in and peck his cheek. “Thanks.”

I laughed when his cheeks and ears turned pink. “Welcome. Now let’s go, I don’t wanna be late for school!” he coughed.

I rolled my eyes. “It’s your fault. Why’d it take you so long to buy flowers?”

He shrugged but I could feel him staring at me. “W-what is it?” I asked.

“You know, you’re so pretty I think the flowers are getting jealous” he grinned cheekily. (A/N: i got this quote from a book or something i 4got which one...)

I felt the butterflies rise in my stomach. “That’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever said to me…”

It was probably a lie, I’ve heard sweeter. But everything Jonghyun does… just because it’s him makes everything better.

From that point, we walked on in silence until we reached school.

When we got to class, he sat by me again. Of course I don’t mind, but Taemin and Amber’s words kept echoing in my head. What if I do kiss him? What will I do then?

The teacher stepped in after the bell rang and clapped her hands together, causing the students to rush into their seats. “Okay class” she sighed as she dropped her books on the table. “Just a quick announcement, we have a new student in class today”

Jonghyun turned to look at me and raised an eyebrow. A new student? I rested my chin in my hand, not really caring since it was only in this period.

“Come on in Seunghyun” the teacher called. Seunghyun? Oh no. . . that can’t be. . .

I watched intently as someone wearing a red hoodie and light jeans stepped in. he looked like any normal person, but to me he wasn’t.

My jaw dropped to the floor. “Omo…” I whispered aloud. That idiot in front of me stared at me puzzled. “Key?”

I didn’t listen to him, my eyes were still fixed on Seunghyun. He can’t… he wouldn’t…

“Anngyeong hasseyo, I’m Song Seunghyun. Please take care of me.” He sang and bowed ever so slightly, his hair falling down in front of his eyes before he swept it away ad grinned at everyone.

“Sit anywhere for today Seunghyun” our teacher told him. I watched as he scanned the room and I prayed and prayed that he wouldn’t look at me but unfortunately, he did. And he smiled. Widely.

As he walked over to me, I started to panic. no, he better not…

“’Scuse me, do you mind if I sit here?” he asked Jonghyun, who just raised an eyebrow at him.

“Um, maybe. There are other seats” he replied matter of factly. I felt relieved on the inside, thank goodness he was a bit rude sometimes.

Seunghyun just smiled again. “Ah yeah, but you see, I want to sit with Kibum.”

How dare he call me by my real name like he used to. The blonde haired dino turned and looked at me with a who-does-this-guy-think-he-is kind of look before looking back up at the boy who was still standing there.

“How come?” he challenged. I bit my bottom lip and stood up.

“Teacher, I’m not feeling that well. May I go to the nurse?”

She looked up at me through her glasses and said yes. I rushed out the room and into the hallway, biting my tongue to keep from the tears spilling over.

I can’t believe it. I can’t believe he’d actually do this. I rushed past the bathroom and out the back doors that lead to the parking lot and sat on the curb, hugging my knees and crying into them gently.

“Key?”

, why does he have to be so damn caring? I turned towards Jonghyun and sniffed.

“Why are you crying?”

I swallowed my sobs and patted the spot on the curb next to me where he sat seconds later. When I still didn’t say anything and just sat there crying quietly, he didn’t press on or ask me why I was so upset.

When my sobs were reduced to whimpers and finally died into hiccups, I decided to explain to him. “S-sorry. I-I was just remembering some old memories that weren’t so great.”

He rubbed my back and I flinched at his touch. He noticed this and let go, but I just grabbed his hand and he let me hold it. I needed for him to be there to tell me that everything was okay when we both knew that that was a big fat lie.

“Are you going to tell me what it is or do you not feel comfortable?” he asked gently. My shoulders shook, the tears threatening to spill again.

“I can tell you. I’m only crying because it was something that I was trying to forget about, but since I already remember it now, what’s the point?” I laughed at how stupid I sounded.

“It’s about that new guy, huh” Jonghyun said. I blinked hard and nodded.

“You see, he’s my-“

“Ex” someone else finished my sentence for me and I whipped my head around to see Seunghyun standing there, with his hands in what he told me long ago was his favorite hoodie. I nodded.

“Hey Key” he smiled gently and I just smiled back and wiped the tears away.

“It’s pathetic seeing me like this huh” I said. He shook his head no.

“Look, Kibum. . .”

But before he could even finish his sentence, Jonghyun stood up and pulled me with him, facing the younger boy.

“I don’t really think Key wants to talk to you right now so if you’ll excuse us, we’ll be going” he said politely.

He dragged me away, leaving my ex standing there by the curb.

“Jonghyun, what are you doing?” I asked once we were in the hall. He let go of my hand and stared at me.

“I’ll never forgive anyone who makes you cry” he said in a low voice that made me blush. I was going to say something, anything to let him know that what he did helped me a lot, when he was swept away with the crowd of clueless kids, leaving me standing there. Wondering how the hell I’m going to face him or Seunghyun later on.

 

--

Chapter 7~ ^^

okai, so please forgive me for adding an ex in the story but hey, all fics need one right? =P

idk where the idea to have Seunghyun play the part came from...... maybe Maknae Rebellion?? idk... dont kill me if u think its weird m(_ _)m

ahh, well OMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMO GUESS WHAT??!!

IM MOVING!!! HALF WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ALL THE WAY FROM ILLINOIS TO CALIFORNIA!!! :O

i cried when i found out earlier today bcuz i love where i live to death and suddenly, we're moving?!

im finishing the school year here and starting the next one in CA. omo, im so scared. i only told a few of my friends so far and they cried...

bright side? if SM TOWN LIVE comes back to LA, i get to go (:

oh yeah, and random thingy =P

so theres this reeeeeeeallyyy cute new guy at school right? he's by my friend's locker so when i go to get her to walk to 3rd period together, i always see him. he doesn't rlly talk to anyone, so i want to be his first friend (:

PLEASE WISH ME LUCK WHEN I GO TALK TO HIM BCUZ I AM EXTREMEMLY SHY D:

i tried to talk to him today but chickened out...i'll try again tomorrow so wish me good luck!!! ^^

did i mention he's super cute? he's asian, filipino, just like mee (:

alrighty, well til next time (;

And don't forget to subscribe + comment if you've enjoyed, !!

Updating again soon (:

Anngyeong (~.^)