Tasks

Kiss Kiss Kiss

(A/N: double update!! ^-^ i promised to make it up to you guys :D)

~Taemin POV~

I cheered and yelled Minho’s name many times during the game, often being told to ‘sit down and shut up’, but I never really did.

I was glad that our team was winning, and before I knew it, the game was already over, 30-38. The second that buzzer went off, I flew down the stairs and into my boyfriend’s arms. “Minhoo! Congratulations!!”

He laughed and spun me around while people around us laughed and called us cute. I grinned widely and gave him a congratulatory kiss before he set me down and mirrored my happy expression.

“Attention, the score now after the first game is Blue team: 1, White team: 0. The next games will be the ‘Tasks’ event. The following groups will take part…”

I listened closely and heard “class 3 freshmen group 4…”

“Isn’t that Jonghyun hyung’s group?”

“Nn? Oh, yeah I think so.”

‘Well, let’s go watch, let’s go!”

He chuckled and took my hand. “Sure, sure.”

 

~Jonghyun POV~

I heard the principal call our group to be in the next event which was apparently the tasks event.

I sighed and followed Amber and Changmin to where they were calling us. The taller turned around and smiled.

“Jonghyun, right? You’re friends with Yunho hyung.”

I nodded and he stretched out his hand. “Call me Max. It’s a nickname that kinda stuck.”

I grinned a bit and shook his hand. “Okay. Cool to meet you.”

“Hey, don’t be friends without me” Amber joked as she threw an arm around both of us. I rolled my eyes and Max giggled as we started to run to the crowd that was gathering and stood at the starting line.

“This game, is called ‘Tasks’. The name pretty much tells it all: you run and at the end is a big bin with slips of paper inside, each with a different task on it. You are to fulfill that task until the end of the day, the points will be counted tomorrow.”

“Sounds easy enough” Max chimed in as we prepared to run.

“Sounds. It might not really be.”

I shrugged and honestly didn’t care about what happens, so long as it’s not anything too bad or embarrassing.

“Ready…set…GO!”

I dashed down the track, going as fast as my legs would carry me until I stopped to a halt in front of a table with a large bin on it.

Everyone else came soon also and started picking out papers, groaning or laughing at the contents. I sighed and picked one as well, my eyes growing wide a bit at what was written inside.

“Wear a mask for the rest of the day.”

What the hell? I frowned and looked around, everyone else was already working on what they had to do. Someone tapped my shoulder.

“What’d you get Jjong?” Max asked me. I showed him my paper and he raised an eyebrow at it.

“What about you?”

I read his, it said “Find someone who thinks your cute.”

“Most everyone got a ‘find someone who’ thingy.”

I pouted. I wish I got one too.

“Heyy! Whatcha guys get?” Amber ran over to us, waving her piece of paper in the air like it was a winning lottery ticket.

“Wear a mask for the rest of the day.”

“Find someone who thinks your cute.”

“Act like a romantic for the rest of the day.”

Our eyes widened at her before we roared with laughter and fell over.

“Amber? Romantic?! Hahahahaha!” we cackled as she stood there scowling at us with her arms crossed over her chest.

“Yah, you guys are such-“

She didn’t finish her sentence because someone a little taller than her tapped on her shoulder. I sat up to see her talking to a girl who was now blushing and looking down.

“Oh, hey you’re Victoria right?”

 

~Victoria POV~

“Spend the day with the person you admire the most.”

I gave my task slip a WTF look and frowned. How come everyone else got easier stuff like “steal someone’s wig” or “Find someone who can’t cook”?

“What’d you get Victoria?”Sulli and Krystal asked me. I showed them my task and they just grinned. “Ooh, isn’t that Amber-sshi?” they pointed to the tomboy on the other side of the track.

She was frowning at some boys who were on the ground laughing their asses off. “Omo! I can’t just go up to her and ask her to spend the day with me! She’s with her friends anyways”

“C’mon, we need to win!”

“But-“

Before I could protest any longer, Krystal gave me a hard push towards her. I turned around to glare at them, but they both just gave me a thumbs up. I blew air into my cheeks. Damn them. I’ll have to get them later.

I slowly started to walk to Amber, feeling my heart about to jump out my throat and run away, just like what I wanted to do at the moment.

She seemed like she was scolding the two guys who were rolling on the ground laughing. How am I just supposed to talk to her? FML…

I shut my eyes tight and tapped on her shoulder. She turned around and I was about to blurt out something, but before I could, she seemed to already know my name.

It took a hell lot of effort to keep myself from running away, but I knew I had to fulfill my task. “U-uhm, Amber-sshi! For my task, I uh, have to…” I showed her the slip of paper and she chuckled.

All my feelings sank. I knew it, she’d laugh at me. I wanted o crawl in a hole, but before I could, she smiled and I could feel myself mirroring her grin.

“Um, so…”

“I don’t mind spending the day with you. Besides, I have to act like a romantic for the day.”

My eyes grew wide, but I didn’t want to be rude so I just nodded and she bid her friends goodbye.

“Amber-sshi-“

“Drop the sshi. Just Amber is good.”

I smiled and nodded as we walked over to the teachers to confirm and fulfill our task.

 

~Jonghyun POV~

I sighed and stood up. “ for Amber. Well, now we just have our tasks to do.”

Max nodded. “How will you do yours Jjong?”

I shrugged. “I guess the teacher’s will have to give me one. What about you?”

“Hmm…” he tapped his chin before he found a fold out chair and stood up on it. What was he going to do now?

“HEY!” Max waved his arms around until he caught everyone’s attention. “Who thinks I’m cute?”

Oh crud, what the hell was he doing? Immediately, a bunch of girls and some guys ran over and crowded the smiling boy, almost running me over along the way.

He jumped down with a satisfied look on his face as he walked to the judges/teachers with his admirers following/stalking him. I sighed and walked to one of the adults, handing them my paper.

“Oh, the mask task?” she turned around and pulled a mask that looked somewhat like a cat face. I winced at it but took it from her. “Wear it for the rest of the day, and if we see you take it off, you’ll be disqualified.”

I sighed but put it on and tied the string around my head. I spotted Max and tapped on his shoulder. He gave me a weird look in return.

“Who are you?”

“Jonghyun”

His eyes grew wide before he doubled over laughing again. I frowned and hit his arm.

“Yah… don’t be so mean. Did you get your task done already?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. Mine was one of the few that didn’t require the whole day to complete. Now if everyone else from the blue team does theirs, then we’ll win another point” he sang happily after he’d calmed down. I nodded and noticed Amber.

“I guess we should just leave her be” I shrugged and started walking back to the bleachers, sitting with the rest of our first class. I noticed Key giving me a strange look, and I remembered I was wearing a mask.

Well, at least he doesn’t have to know it’s me. For the rest of today, this mask can hide me so he doesn’t have to see my still sad face.

 

--

Chapter 13~

LOL my writing is getting worse by day -_____-
i have the worst wrier's block ever :o
so, i tried to squeeze in the other pairings, and they might just be little side stories
i still hafta put in yoseob and doojoon!
things are gonna start to take a turn, and maybe i'm thinking about pairing seunghyun and jonghoon.
lol idk why... he does need a pair so maybe....
well, i'll try to write more bcuz the stories gonna be more interesting maybe frm now on! ^^

Anngyeong (~.^)