He must really mean a lot

Kiss Kiss Kiss

~Jonghyun POV~

As I followed Seunghyun and Key, I could feel my anger rise.

How can Key just forgive Seunghyun so easily like this? I thought Key was mad at him and hated him.

I ran up the stairs until I came to the door that lead to the roof. It creaked open and I poked my head out to see… them.

Song ing Seunghyun had a grasp on Key’s shirt and was pulling him closer and closer. Key looked scared, and I swear, if I had no self control, I would have run over and pushed Seunghyun off the building. But, before I could react, it looked like the kissed.

I was at an angle where it looked like their faces were pressed against each other’s. I could feel my anger mixed with sadness about to pour out so I quickly ran down the stairs and into the hallway. People were filing into their classes, and as soon as the hall was empty, I kicked the wall hoping it would make me feel at least a bit better.

Well, not really. I made a large noticeable dent and I still felt frustrated.

I lost. I lost Key to Seunghyun. It looked like they kissed, I’ll just leave it at that. I hope they’re happy.

As much as I wanted to cry, I knew I shouldn’t so I just slumped to class and collapsed on the desk in front of me, earning a stare from Minho.

“Jjong?”

I grumbled and he got the cue to go away. The bell rang and those two still weren’t back yet. They finally walked in just about five minutes after class started. And they were holding hands. It took a lot just to keep from bolting up and tackling Seunghyun right then and there. But thankfully, I was able to keep calm.

I stared out the window, not aware I looked about ready to kill someone until a crumpled piece of paper hit my head. I un-crumpled it and saw that Key was wondering why I’m so angry. I didn’t know what to write, I just wanted for him to stop bothering me so I replied with ‘shut up’.

We continued like that until I got frustrated to the point to where I threw the note in the recycling bin. I knew he was now glaring at me, I could feel his eyes boring holes into the back of my head. I probably shouldn’t be so mad, right? If he loves him, he loves him. There’s nothing I can do.

Unless I can make Key fall in love with me instead. Maybe I can?

I thought about it until it was time to go out to the field. I avoided Key as best as I could. I can’t really stand to talk to him right now. It would just make my heart hurt even more than it already does.

I ended up in the same group as Key’s friend, Amber and some other kid named Changmin who was friends with Yunho apperantly.

Amber, Changmin, and I were the Blue team, class 3 freshmen, group 4. Key, (stupid) Seunghyun, and Minho were Blue team, class 3 freshmen, group 2. Taemin along with other students named Dongho and Minzy were blue team, class 3 freshmen, group 7. Yoseob, Ryeowook, Yesung, and Doojoon were the only four member group, group 5. Yunho was on the white team, since he was actually a junior. So apperantly, we were all split up.

I sighed and sat down on the bleachers with my group members as they announced for all of the members of the varsity basketball team to go change into their uniform. A finger poked me and I turned my head to look at Key’s best friend.

“What’s wrong with you and Key?”

“Nothing.”

“Yeah, okay. You know, Key is really sad that you’re ignoring him.”

“Why would he be sad?”

“Because he’s in love with you, pabo!”

I chuckled because I knew it was obviously a lie. “No he doesn’t.”

Her eyes grew wide at me. “Are you that stupid Jong? He so likes you, how could you not-“

“He kissed Seunghyun.”

She blinked and jumped when she registered what I’d just said. “What?!!”

I looked away. “I saw them on the roof earlier and it looked like they kissed.”

“Wha? But, that’s-“

“True.”

She paused and sat back down. “No… Key said he hated Seunghyun.”

“Well, his feelings change as quickly as his hairstyle.”

She frowned but said nothing else and sat down. Changmin just looked at us confused. He had no idea what was going on.

I wish I didn’t too.

 

~Onew POV~

I looked around happily. The sports festival was always so fun, especially on the second day for the music competition.

I looked around and spotted Jjong on the bleachers. I quickly ran up to him, but tripped on the way there, earning laughs and “Are you okay Onew-sshi”’s. I chuckled and faced the dinosaur. The girl that was sitting next to him got up and left.

“Jjong! Are you competing in the music competition tomorrow?”

He raised an eyebrow. “Music competition?”

Oh right, he’s a freshman. “It’s basically like a talent show. Singing, dancing, rapping, playing an instrument, anything that has to do with music. You compete to have the best performance.”

He nodded. “I guess, why not.”

I smiled goofily and was about to walk away when I felt someone jump on my back. “Jinki~!! I was looking for you everywhere!”

I smiled and shook my fiancé off and turned around to give her a hug. “Luna!”

She responded by hugging me back tighter. “Oh right, I had to ask you something!”

“What? Is it about the music competition?”

She nodded, her blonde ponytail bouncing cutely as she pulled out a folded piece of paper from her pocket.

“Um, a lot of students came up to me and asked me a lot of questions.”

“Like what?”

“Well…oh.  A freshman asked if his group performs as a band, how they’d set up.”

“What’s his name?”

“Song Seunghyun”

I swear I heard something snap and turned to see that Jonghyun was now scowling at the sound of that guy’s name.

“Jjong?” I snapped my fingers in front of his face. He blinked and looked at me. “Huh?”

“Are you okay?”

“Peachy.”

Luna gasped and smiled even wider. “So you’re the famous Jonghyun!”

He looked a little confused and glanced at me. I chuckled and put my hands on my student’s shoulders. “Ah, Jjong, I’ve told Luna here a bit about you.”

“Like…?”

“Luna” I patted his head. “Yep, this is Jonghyun. He’s been my student since middle school, when I was just a student teacher. He ended up being my student again here in high school. He really does have an amazing voice and is competing in the music competition.”

She grinned and bowed. “Well, nice to finally meet you Jjong.” She turned to me and pecked my cheek, making me grin idiotically. “Yeobo, I have errands to run and finish setting up so I’ll see you later! Chicken for lunch today!” she laughed and winked before skipping away.

I chuckled and sighed, noticing Jonghyun was giving me a strange look.  “So, that’s your, as you said, ‘super cute and y amazing singer best girl in the world’ fiancé?”

I grinned and nodded repeatedly. “What do you think of her?”

“She seems nice.”

“More than nice.”

“Whatever.”

I took a close look at Jjong. He seemed to now have either a permanent scowl or pout on his face, instead of his usually annoyingly happy atmosphere. “Are you okay Jong?”

“Like I said, I’m fine.”

“Liar.”

“I am not.”

“So, why are you really mad?”

“I-“ he pulled his long blonde and brown hair and acted like he was going to yank it out of his head. “Do you want me to be mad?”

“No, you already are.”

“Jinki…”

“I just want to help. We’re friends, y’know.”

He paused and sighed, flopping back down on the bleachers, finally calming down.

“Okay… I’ll tell you.”

I nodded and listened to his story, which did take a while. It was sad, funny, sad, cute and sad again. Teens these days. Even though I wasn’t much older than Jonghyun.

“Omo Jonghyun.”

“Yep. So, now do you get it?”

“But wait a sec, I thought Key loved you.”

“Oh my-Why does everyone keep saying that?”

“Because, Jonghyun, it’s so obvious. Don’t you see the way he looks at you or steals glances at you? Every time I see you, you’re always with him.”

“…”

“Are you absolutely positive Key and Seunghyun kissed?”

“Well, it looked like they did.”

“Looked?”

He opened his mouth to say something but just then, my phone rang and I picked it up to see it was Luna, who texted me asking me to help her with setting up for tomorrow. I told Jonghyun I’d see him later and good luck before running off.

Geez, when did all of a sudden, Jjong has been worrying so much about love? Key must really mean a lot to him for someone like him to think about so much.

 

--

Chapter 12~
waugh srry for not updating!! > < school is kicking my -___-
i'll make it up 2 u guys!! ^_^