Finally, finally, finally

Kiss Kiss Kiss

 

~Key POV~

I rubbed my wrist that still hurt. Jonghyun had always had such a strong grip.

I played with my ring, twiddling it between my long fingers. I hadn't really said a word since the scavenger hunt. They were wrapping up the first day, and I seemed to be one of the few people left who were still at school, besides the teachers.

Suddenly, something hit me on the back of my head. Not too hard though, but it was enough to knock me out of my thoughts. I twisted my head and glared at Amber. She raised an eyebrow.

"What's up? You've been spacing out the whole day."

I shook my head. "Nothing." I stood up and saw that there was someone beside her. Oh, right. She has to act like a romantic for the rest of the day, and Victoria had to spend the day with the person she admires the most.

Victoria narrowed her eyes at me. "Kibum oppa, you've been surprisingly silent for a really long time. Is something bothering you?"

Amber smirked. "Is it Jonghyun?"

My face exploded into a blush and I hid it with my hands. I was too slow though, the girls had already seen the bright red color of my cheeks.

"Ooh! It is! What happened?" Victoria squealed. I shook my head again.

"I can't say."

After all, there must be a reason behind why he has to hide the fact he loves me. As much as I wanted to squeal over the fact that he had the same feelings for me as I had for him, I somehow contained myself not to until he tells me straight up. But why doesn't he? Why not just be honest? I know there must be some reason, and it must be important, that he has to hide the fact that he likes me. So for now, I'll let it be a secret. His feelings may not change, or so I hope. I'll be patient until he can tell me himself.

"Keyyyy what is iiiiit?" Amber whined. I frowned at her. She only whines when she really wants to know something.

"Ambeeeer, I can't say it."

"Why noooot?"

"Becaaaaause"

She pouted and turned around with her arms crossed over her chest. "Fine! I'll ask Jjong myself!"

I gasped. No! She can't tell Jonghyun I've been spacing out the whole day! "No! I-I'll tell you." I sighed defeated.

She turned with her expression totally excited and happy. "Great!"

I ordered her and Victoria to sit on the bleachers in front of me. They obeyed and leaned towards me looking like little kids who were about to hear about a story about how the pirate found the treasure.

I took a deep breath and told them everything, and I mean everything. From when I was in middle school hearing Jonghyun sing and falling in love with his voice, to just today when I found out he's in love with me.

"But I know there's a reason that Jjong has to hide the fact that he loves me, so I won't say anything about it to him until he confesses himself. But what I wonder is why does he have to keep it such a secret?"

Amber pressed her lips together and looked down. "Maybe because you like Seunghyun and he knows it."

My jaw dropped and I shot up like a rocket. "What the ? No I don't, where the hell did he get that idea?"

She shushed me because we were after all still in school and there were still teachers around. When I sat back down, she bit her lip.

"Is it true Key? Did you kiss Seunghyun?"

"No! Where did you hear that from?"

"Jonghyun"

My eyes bulged. Why would Jonghyun think I kissed Seunghyun? He's my ex, and I should hate him. Well, I don't really and we're friends, but that doesn't mean I want to give him my first kiss!

"Why would he think that?"

My best friend took a deep breath. "Well, he says that he saw you two earlier today and he saw you two kiss."

"But that was on thenose!"

Now she looked surprised. "But, he thought it was on the lips!"

"No, I would never let Seunghyun kiss me! You and he both know that I won't give my first kiss to anyone but my true love."

"Well, Key, who is your true love?" Victoria tilted her head as she queationed me. I blushed and looked down.

"It's Jonghyun of course."

"So, just tell him you love him! He already loves you back, so you have nothing to lose!"

"But-"

"Why don't you Key?" Amber asked.

"Well, what is his feelings changed now that he thinks I kissed Seunghyun? What if he's given up? I'd look like a fool if I tell him I love him!"

"No, you won't!"

"You can't say that and know it's true Amby"

She opened to say something but shut it when a deep voice spoke from behind her.

"He made a bet."

I looked up at Minho who was holding hands with Taemin, who jumped to my side. "Umma, we think you should know this."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What kind of bet?"

The tallest sighed and sat next to Amber. "Jonghyun made a bet with Seunghyun."

"Saying.....?"

"Whoever steals your first kiss will be your true love, and the other backs off."

I'm pretty sure everyone's jaw dropped upon hearing this. "What the , kissing is not a game! Especially if it's your first! How can he just treat it like that just to make Seunghyun go away?!" Amber exploded. Victoria tried to calm her down, but I think we all knew it was no point.

"How can he just treat it like it's a game?" I whispered.

"Umma..." Taemin squeezed my hand.

"And what would he do if he won? What would he do if Seunghyun had been proven wrong and just given up? Would he just leave too? Just because he regained his pride? He doesn't care does he?"

"Umma!" Taemin said louder. He forced me to face him. He sighed and shook his head.

"He didn't make that bet because he wanted to regain his pride when Seunghyun made him look like a fool. He didn't do it just so he could prove him wrong, then just leave in the end. He did it because he wanted to protect you."

"From what?"

"He thought if Seunghyun were to be with you, he'd break your heart again. But if he won, Seunghyun would leave you alone and neither you or him would have to worry about you crying anymore."

"And if he won, then you would be his" Minho continued.

"But, he thinks he lost because he thought he saw you and Seunghyun kiss on the roof earlier today..." Amber carried on.

"And that's why he has to keep it a secret he loves you, he thinks there's no point in telling you." Victoria finished.

I blinked. And blinked again to make sure I had registered everything. And when I was sure I did, I jumped.

"When the hell did this become so complicated?"

 

~Jonghyun POV~

I sighed as I opened my apartment door, only to be attacked by a tiny bundle of brown fur.

I laughed and pried Roo off my jeans, picking up the tiny dog and giving him a kiss on the nose. "Hey Roo, want a snack?"

He barked at something on my back and I twisted my head to see it was my cat looking mask. I frowned and set him down before reaching over to tuck it further in my backpack.

"Yeah, you don't like that mask right? I don't like it either."

I pet him a bit more before getting his dog food and putting it in a bowl. After putting it on the floor, I called my parents to see when they'd be home. They didn't answer as usual so I just sighed again and flopped on the couch woth my wrist over my eyes.

What the hell was I doing? Why did I have to bring Key when it said to find my true love? What if he finds out it's me?

I shook my head and started doubting myself. No way Jjong, he wouldn't know it's you! After all, you were wearing that mask anyways so there's no way he could know.

And if he did know, if he somehow found out it was me, then I bet he wouldn't even do anything. He loves Seunghyun, doesn't he? He did kiss him after all.

I forced all my thought about Key out of my head and pulled the covers on the couch up to my nose and closed my eyes.

I should just sleep. Tomorrow will be hell again anyways.

 

~The next day~

~Key POV~

I yawned and sat up, looking around. Where the hell was I?!

"Oh, you're awake~!" a cheery voice sang out. I turned and glared at the bright sunlight that was seeping in through the window to see Taemin. I sighed and remembered that I had asked to spend the night here.

"Morning baby" I said as I walked over and pecked his forehead. He grinned up at me.

"How are you? You suddenly fell asleep when I left you alone for two seconds. Your head must hurt, considering the fact you bumped it."

I rubbed the back of my head to feel a bruise that ached. "Ouch, yeah. Don't worry Tae, I'm fine."

He beamed once more before skipping to the kitchen. "I made breakfast. Eat, then we should get going to school."

I looked down and saw that my clothes were soiled and wrinkly. No way was I wearing this to school. I sneered.

"Minnie, can I borrow clothes?"

"Sure" he called fro the kitchen.

I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower before picking skinny jeans and a black flowy v-neck with white roses on it from Taemin's closet.

After drying and straightening my hair, I walked out to the kitchen and peered around the corner where a huge frog was standing over my baby with his hands on the counter behind him and his lips on his neck. I gasped over dramatically.

"Choi Minho get the hell away from my baby!"

They both jumped before the taller backed away from my blushing son. "Sorry" he mumbled.

I frowned but walked past the two and sat at the kitchen table to start eating the food my son made. He jumped next to me.

"Umma how is it?" he asked excitedly. I swallowed and gave him a thumbs up. He cheered and turned around, and that's when i took the oppritunity to spit out this disgusting thing into my napkin. As much as I love Minnie, he didn't cook so well.

I somehow managed to swallow the rest of the “food” Taemin made and once I was done I called to him and Minho who were watching morning cartoons together in the living room. “Let’s go, I’m leaving without you!”

Immediately, they sprung up and put their jackets along with their shoes. While Minho was helping my son with the jacket zipper that had somehow become stuck, I was almost tempted to call Jonghyun. After a while and seconds of just staring at my phone, Taemin noticed me. “Why don’t you just call him?”

I took a deep breath, hitching it along the way. I barely had time to get a word out before Minho spoke now.

“Hyung, there’s no point in avoiding him.”

I shook my head and slipped my phone back into my pocket, forcing a smile. “No, it’s fine. I’ll be okay, I just need time to sort things out.”

 

The walk to school seemed to go so much slower than when I would walk with Jonghyun. 

The couple was chatting nonstop and occassionally sharing some skinship too. I scolded them to stop because we were in public the first few tines, but after a while, I got tired and just let them do what they wanted.

The first person I saw when we arrived at school was Seunghyun. Mostly because he practically jumped n me the second I stepped into the building.

“Bummie!! I missed you!” he pouted when i pried him off me and I couldn’t help but laugh. 

“I know, I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“Will you look forward to my band’s performance tomorrow?”

“For what?”

“The music competition, dummy!”

Music competition? Oh right. “Suure.”

He frowned. “You’re so mean Key. Is it cuz you like Jonghyun?”

My jaw dropped. “What? i-i...”

“Don’t even think about lying Bummie. I know you too well.”

I opened my mouth but shut it and sighed, defeated. He was right. He did know me too well to know when I was lying.

“I don’t act cold to you because I love him. I don’t even act cold to you anymore. I guess I just act like this because I’m so tired of getting my feelings tangled. I’m sorry.”

He looked down and nodded, but picked up his head and smiled brightly. “It’s okay, I don’t love you anymore anyways.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Huh? You don’t? Should I be happy or sad?”

He laughed out loud and put a hand on my shoulder. “It’s not like I find you unacttractive or anything, it’s just that there’s someone else I just noticed was there that I just noticed was there that I want to be with right now. I don't know if I love him like a hyung or as a best friend or as a lover, but I guess we'll see, right?"

I nodded when I caught up to everything he was saying. "Ahh... okay. Well I hope things turn out okay for you!!" I smiled brightly and gave him a thumbs up. He nodded too. "I hope things work out for you and Jjong. I'm sorry I kinda mixed things up a bit when I first came here."

And with that, he left. I sighed, feeling relieved. He may have mixed things up between Jjong and me, but I think he also made things better too.

Jonghyun had shown his jealous side, and that made him be more protective and possesive of me. As selfish as he was acting, it was very caring. He was so... sweet.

I kicked the ground softly as I walked out to the bleachers alone. Amber was with Victoria,Taemin with Minho, Seunghyun with his hyung, and I don't know about Jonghyun.

I stopped walking when I noticed something. I was all alone. I have no one else except for Jonghyun.

I miss him. I missus.

But how can I face him? He treated my first kiss like a game.

But he only did it to protect me from crying.

It doesn't matter. He thinks he's lost now, where is he protecting me?

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I haven't seen him since yesterday. Where was he? Is he just avoiding me?

Probably. I frowned and sat on the bleachers, looking out at the field. They were already preparing for the next event.

Screw sports day, I'm not much help to my group anyways. I stood up quickly and was planning on just running back home when I suddenly felt my ankle hit somehing and my body falling foward.

I shut my eyes tght and waited for the impact of my body hitting the metal seats, but I was stopped suddenly when something grabbed my shoulders tightly.

So tightly, I felt like they were almost begging, especially when those arms enveloped me into a great hug.

I didn't even have to open my eyes to know who it was.

"Where the hell were you Jonghyun?"

I felt his chest rise as he took a deep breath. "I had to sort things out."

"Why? For what? So you can decide how to face me when I tell you I hate you?"

His chest stopped moving bu he didn't let go, and when I didn't pull away, he spoke again.

"Please don't say I hate you."

"You really did it.."

"Huh?"

I took a deep shuddering breath before my voice rose.

"You made a bet with Seunghyun..."

I could feel his arms come closer around me and hug me tighter.

"I'm sorry. It was stupid..."

"It's not a game."

"I know, and I-"

"It's not a game!!"

He stopped trying to talk when I shouted. Heads turned our way, but I ignored it.

"It's not a game Jjong. Why do you keep treating it like one?!"

"Key, I-"

"Itold you. I told you why my first kiss should be special. I trusted you that unlike almost every other guy, you wouldn't think that if you steal my kiss, you win. I told you that my first kiss will be given, not stolen. I-"

"Key!"He tilted my chin so I was looking at him. Both of our eyes held tears that threatened to spill.

I could feel my knees go weak when I looked into his big puppy eyes. "Don't look at me like that..."

“Do you know why I made that bet?”

“To protect me? So I wouldn’t cry if he broke my heart again? Well, where you when he kissed me?”

His eyes grew wide. “He really…”

“No, idiot! I’d never let him kiss me! So tell me now, why did you make that bet?”

“You don’t know why?” his voice grew to an almost shout and that’s when I noticed his arms were still tightly around me.

“No, and I-”

I couldn’t finish my sentence though, because he suddenly jerked me forward and brought hid hand behind my head, pushing it forward to press my lips against his in a rushed, clumsy kiss.

My eyes grew wide, but I didn’t push him away. There was no tongue, no lip biting, just simply a kiss that was like our food when we’ve both been starving. His eyes were screwed shut and a few tears had finally left from the corner of his eyes.

I felt like I was going to explode. His lips were soft against mine, and it felt like years could go by, just like this.

So this is it. This is what a kiss is.

When he finally pulled away, slowly, I said nothing at first. Students around us whispered. I blinked. One, two, three…

I counted the seconds of silence, until it reached five. And that was when I couldn’t take it anymore.

I pried myself out of his grasp that has loosened after the kiss and started to run. As fast as I could, as far as my legs would carry me before they gave out.

And that was until the front of the school, where I finally collased into a heap of tears.

 

--

Chapter 15~^^

Woah, when dod this turn out so angsty? o-o
I'm superr duper sorry for not updating! I've been really busy bcuz of christmas comin up!! ><
There's still a little more to go before this story finishes, so please don't unsubscribe!

Subscribe+Comment and thanks for reading, ~!!

Until next time ^-^

Anngyeong (~.^)