Just a joke

Kiss Kiss Kiss

~Key POV~

I angrily turned around and stomped inside.

Dammit, why can’t Seunghyun just leave me alone already? I puffed air into my cheeks as I hastily shoved my things into my locker.

Minho’s dad asked me if I’d wait on someone who was asking for me. “His name is Seunghyun.” He told me. I sighed. “Sorry, but please don’t make me do it.”

He nodded and went to ask his son and Taemin to do it. They exchanged glances between their selves and then me before agreeing.

I looked around and saw Jonghyun going into the locker room. I blushed madly when I remembered what he did.

This made what, three times? Three ing times, he’d tried to kiss me. I put my hands on my red cheeks and sighed.

Okay, I probably shouldn’t think about it too much. Maybe he was just teasing me? Yeah, that was probably it. Maybe I should get rid of this awkward feeling…

I poked my head inside the locker room and looked around. I guess he was changing. I sighed and sat down on the bench to wait for him to come out. When he finally did, at first, he just stared at me.

“Hey” he said as he put his other clothes into his locker. He took in a deep breath and I was about to ask him to forget about the almost kiss when he spoke again.

“Do you hate me?”

I gave him a weird look. “What? No, of course not.”

He smiled. “Okay good. I just thought you would because I keep teasing you.”

I bit my bottom lip and felt my heart crack a bit. So, he was just teasing me. It’s not like he loved me or anything, he was just making fun of me. “Oh” I huffed out as I stormed out the room, unintentionally throwing open the door to have it shut loudly behind me.

I looked around and saw that Seunghyun wasn’t here anymore. He must have left when I said I wouldn’t wait on him.

Maybe I shouldn’t be so cold to him anymore. After all, I know the feeling of loving someone and them not loving you back.

Jonghyun came out and I avoided him when he tried to come closer to me. I really don’t think I should be around him anymore.

Mr. Choi paired up me and Amber, and Jonghyun with Onew. After some customers came in and we took their order, Amber followed me to the kitchen and asked me “So, what happened with Jonghyun? I noticed you were avoiding him.”

I sighed. “The usual.”

She raised her eyebrow at me. “The usual?”

I screwed my lips to the side and looked at her with sad eyes. Hers grew wide. “Omo! He tried to kiss you again?” she said a bit too loud.

Some of the bakers turned their heads but I just told them what the customers ordered and walked out the kitchen. “Key…” my best friend sighed. “Are you for real? Maybe he does love you?”

I shook my head. “No, he even said he was just teasing me.” I pouted and some other customers came in. One of the other waiters, I think his name is Yoochun, tapped Amber’s shoulder.

“Amber-sshi, could you take those customers?” he asked. She nodded and gave me a tell-me-later look before turning around to face some girls who were squealing, “Amber unnie! We thought you worked here!”

Huh. So they were Amber’s fans. I sat with my customers and pulled on a fake smile as I started to talk to them until I left to get their food, still avoiding Jonghyun’s stares.

Gosh, why can’t he just not look at me for once? I turned up my nose and the day continued on like that, him glancing at me, me pretending to not see it, etc.

After we changed and began preparing to go home, I started to wonder f I would walk with him. I guess the answer was yes because he was waiting outside for me again, hands in his pocket as if everything were completely normal when it clearly wasn’t.

I mean, seriously. My ex had returned and was trying to get me back, meanwhile this dino keeps trying to steal kisses and telling me that it was just a joke afterwards.

“I thought you said you didn’t hate me.” He broke the silence as we started to walk down the sidewalk.

“I don’t.”

“So, why are you avoiding me?”

“I’m not.”

He pouted and looked down, so I took his cold hand in mine. I really don’t hate him; I’m just frustrated that I can’t figure out how he feels about me.

I stared at him for a bit before walking down the sidewalk again. I was honestly hoping for a conversation, but nothing. Only a goodbye and goodnight was exchanged when he dropped me off in front of my house.

The next morning went like that too. He looked confused about why we were so silent, but he still didn’t say anything. I avoided Seunghyun again, even though I could feel him staring at me all through class.

P.E. came eventually and I sighed. “Okay class, today we’ll be playing capture the flag with the other class!” the coach announced. I groaned. Why does P.E. have to be so… physical?

I faked an injury and limped outside after changing into my gym uniform and sat on the cold metal bleachers with some other kids that didn’t feel like getting all smelly.

I explained to the coach that I’d twisted my ankle at work and he let me sit out along with the other kids who made up stories as well.

The other class came out and I looked to see Jonghyun and Minho. So they had gym this period too? Jonghyun caught me looking at him and he grinned that idiotic smile of his before paying attention again to whatever the teacher was saying.

I pouted and looked around and noticed someone coming my way.

“Hey, why are you sitting out?” TOP’s deep voice asked me. I shrugged.

“Don’t feel like getting all sweaty.”

He raised an eyebrow. “So, you’ll be our little cheerleader?”

I frowned at him but didn’t get a chance to reply because G-Dragon stomped over and yanked his ear.

“TOP! I told you to stop flirting with other guys!” he huffed out as he pulled his pouting boyfriend away. I chuckled. GD and TOP were a pretty famous couple at school, along with Taeminnie and Minho and Jonghyun’s friends who I met recently Yunho and Jaejoong.

G-Dragon came back and frowned as he sat on the bleachers next to me.

“What’s up Ji Yong?” I said. He looked at me and frowned.

“Don’t call me that Kibum.”

I laughed and sighed. “So, you don’t feel like exercising either?”

He shrugged. “Not really. I prefer to watch my baby” he smiled at his boyfriend who was throwing a football at an unknowing Daesung, hitting his head. He laughed and threw it back at him, only to have the taller male catch it perfectly.

“He can be an sometimes, but he’s really awesome to be with.” He stretched and held his chin with his hands.

I nodded. “So, GD, how’d you and TOP get together?”

He chuckled again. “His friend Young Bae, you know Taeyang? Yeah, he told TOP I had a crush on him. So, he came up to me one day and asked me if I’d date him. Not really romantic, right?”

I shook my head. “As long as you guys are together in the end, it’s perfect.”

He stared at me and nodded. “So, are you going out with that new kid Seunghyun?”

Bwoh? Why would he think that? “What? No! Why would you think that?”

He shrugged. “He always stares at you with such a loving gaze, it’s hard to think that you two aren’t together.”

I shook my head. “No, he’s my…ex. I love someone else.”

“Ah, you mean Jjong?”

I sighed and rested my forehead on my knees. “What, are you some sort of mind reader?”

 “Na, it’s just obvious. Plus, you two are always together.”

I said nothing and froze completely when G-Dragon said “Oh, hey Jonghyun.”

“Hey G. TOP wants you to come join him and everyone else for capture the flag. Key…what are you doing?”

 I picked up my head and squinted at him. “Oh you know, just riding unicorns. What does it look like I’m doing?”

He raised an eyebrow at my diva attitude but just shook his head. “C’mon, let’s go play capture the flag.” He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the field where GD and everyone else were already.

I sighed but played anyways and ended up sweaty, just like everyone else. The other class won obviously, they have Minho, plus TOP changed to their side.

I sighed and leaned on Jonghyun since I was just way too tired to stay upright. “And why exactly did you want me to join?”

“Because” he smiled at me and brushed my hair that covered my eye. “It’s cute to see you run around like that.”

I felt happy about his compliment, but I was still upset about the fact that this was all just a part of his teasing so I just turned and left.

He caught up to me and grabbed my wrist. “Okay, seriously. Why are you so pissed at me?”

I bit my bottom lip. What could I say? I’m upset that you keep complimenting me, but just teasing me? And why? Because I’m in love with you and I hate how you can’t take it seriously? Nope, no way in hell could I say that so I just jerked my hand away and took a deep breathe.

“I’m not pissed” I said, sounding angry. How convincing Kibum. I could tell he was rolling his eyes even though I had my back to him.

“C’mon Key, you’ve been mad ever since yesterday. What, did that almost kiss upset you that much?”

“It’s not the kiss that’s upsetting me.” It’s the fact that it’s all just a joke.

“So what, is it Seunghyun?”

Dammit Jong, you’re dense! I turned at him angrily. “No, I’m over him thank you very much. Now why don’t you just go tease and play with someone else’s feelings?”

He looked shocked at me and I felt like I was on the verge of tears. Did that just slip out? I heard the bell ring and dashed inside, throwing off my gym uniform and slipping my school uniform back on before running out to the hall, only to bump into someone else.

“Oh, I’m so-“ I stared at the boy I bumped into and gasped when I saw it was Seunghyun.

“Oh, Key.” He smiled and helped me up. I forgot how incredibly caring he was. “It’s fine. Are you okay?”

I nodded but he just frowned. “You know that’s not what I meant Kibum, I mean you look like you’re about to cry.”

Crud. I forgot how he knows me so well. I felt my shoulders shaking and he immediately pulled me into a maybe too tight hug.

“It’s okay, what are you so upset about?” he cooed.

Gosh, he was so sweet I can forget about everything else and only remember our good time, his sweet confession, the way he looked so shy, the way he laughed when someone told a joke that didn’t make sense but he just said it was funny so he wouldn’t hurt their feelings. I can’t believe I’d forgotten what an amazing person Seunghyun was and only focused on the fact that he tried to kiss me just to make me love him. And unlike a certain someone, he wasn’t teasing or toying with my emotions. He was for real.

I hugged him back and sighed into his shoulder. “Thanks Seunghyunnie” I said, calling him by the stupid nickname I’d given him long ago. “Sorry I was so cold to you.”

He pulled back and grabbed my shoulders, staring at me right into the eye. “You didn’t answer my question Kibummie” he tapped my nose lightly. “How come you’re so sad?”

I pouted. “Can I tell you later?”

“Nope” he smiled cheerfully and took my hand, taking me down the hall. I looked over my shoulder because I swear, I just heard someone call my name, and saw Jonghyun looking at me, confused and a hint of hurt in his eyes.

Why is he looking like that? It should be me frowning.

 

~Jonghyun POV~

I ran out the locker room as soon as I changed and looked around to see if I could spot Key.

Well, I did. But not how I thought I’d see him. His arms were wrapped tightly around that damn Seunghyun and his head was on his shoulder. Seunghyun was hugging back, and whispering something into his ear.

I blew air into my cheeks. Why that cocky bastard. I was about to march over and take Key away from him when they suddenly pulled away and Seunghyun took his ex’s hand and dragged him to who knows where. “Key!” I called. Where the hell was he going?

He just looked back at me and ran faster when he saw who it was that called his name so desperately. I clenched my fists and felt like punching someone, especially the guy who took away the boy I love.

Why was Key so angry anyways? He doesn’t even want to look at me. I felt someone tap my shoulder and turned to see Minho.

“What’s wrong Jjong?” he asked. I guess I was pouting and looking angry at the same time.

“Key went somewhere with that Seunghyun.”

He nodded. “So, in other words, you’re jealous?”

“I am not jealous!”

My best friend rolled his eyes. “Yeah, okay.”

He said nothing else as we walked down the hallway. “Okay…well, maybe a little.” I admitted quietly.

He scoffed. “Not a little, how about a lot?”

 “Whatever.”

“Why don’t you just tell Key how you feel?”

I shrugged. “I don’t want to ruin this fun atmosphere. Well, it used to have a fun atmosphere. Until he got on his period and is acting like a total horomonial diva.”

He shook his head. “If you said that to his face, he’d slap you. And anyways, c’mon. You guys would make a good pair.”

Suddenly, his face lit up like a Christmas tree as a boy with bouncing auburn hair ran to us and threw his arms around Minho.

“Minho! Oh…ew, you’re all sweaty.” Taemin pulled back and laughed at the frowning froggy.

“It’s ‘cause I just finished gym Tae.” He ruffled his long hair and took the younger’s hand. Taemin saw me and smiled, waving.

“Hi Jonghyun hyung. Where’s Key?”

 “He went off with that guy Seunghyun and now Jong’s all pissed about it.” Minho said.

“Shut up.”

“Hyung, why don’t you just tell umma how you feel?”

I sighed. “I…look, it looks like he may just want to be with his stupid ex right now so I won’t even think about him, alright?”

I looked at the pair and shook my head. “I have to go talk to someone single who’ll understand.”

They just nodded like they understood and I left. I spotted Yunho and was about to go talk to him when I saw Jaejoong sneak up on him and jump on his back. I my heel to see GD and TOP walking happily together. Damn, this place was crawling with couples! I feel so left out…

Where could Key and Seunghyun be anyways? Don’t tell me they ditched.

I stomped away and decided to just go to my next class. I wasn’t even going to bother to try talking to Onew. He had a fiancé that came over almost every day.

I spotted Yoseob and Ryeowook. They saw me and smiled.

“Jjong! We haven’t seen you in forever!” Yoseob sang. I nodded and sat at the desk across from them. “I really need to get away from every couple at this school.” I sighed. “At least you guys aren’t dating any-“

I was interrupted when someone dropped a pen and Ryeowook bent to pick it up, handing it to the boy who was smiling at him.

“Oh, Yesung…” Ryeowook blushed slightly as he handed the older male his pen. “Um, you dropped this.”

“I know” Yesung smiled. “It was an excuse to talk to you.”

The younger turned totally red and rubbed the back of his neck. Ugh, don’t tell me they like each other? I mean, I’d support them, but I honestly can’t handle watching people being all mushy right now.

Just then, the teacher came in and ordered everyone to sit down, making Yesung sit next to the still blushing Ryeowook.

I really can’t wait for this class to be done with. I had to find Key, and to apologize. Maybe then, he’ll stop being so mad at me.

But more importantly, I need to keep Seunghyun away from him. And, make sure he doesn’t tell anyone about our little bet.

I can’t afford to lose the one guy I love to someone else.

 

~Key POV~

I blew my nose into another one of the tissues Seunghyun gave me and sighed.

“Sorry” I sniffed. “It must be pathetic seeing me like this.”

He shook his head. “No, just let it out. When you hold in your tears, you’ll feel even worse.” He patted my head and I lifted it from his shoulder to look at him.

“Won’t we get in trouble for ditching like this?”

He shrugged. “So what? That means we’re partners in crime.”

I smiled and hugged him again. “Thanks so much Seunghyunnie. I’ve been so mean to you ever since you came back I forgot how much of an amazing person you really are.”

He squeezed me back. “It’s okay Kibummie.”

I wanted to cry again. It felt like old times, he was cheering me up when I would cry, we were calling each other our stupid little nicknames again, and I felt safe around him. I felt like I could trust him to not break my heart and toy with my emotions like a certain dino faced freak.

“Kibummie, I think I figured out why you’re crying.” He said.

“Hn?”

“It’s that idiot Jonghyun right?”

I sniffed and nodded. “Yeah”

He shook his head. “You shouldn’t be in love with someone like him.”

I looked at him as the wind pushed the hair from his face and I saw that his eyes looked sad and hopeful, practically screaming for me to return his feelings. “You should love someone like me. I’d never play with your feelings or make you cry or do anything stupid that’ll hurt you.”

I wanted to say something, but before I could, the bell rang, surprising the two of us.

“Wow, the period’s already over.” He stood up and smiled at me when he looked back his shoulder.

“Please, at least think about it.” He looked serious and was leaning over me. Oh my God, don’t tell me he’s going to kiss me. But thankfully, he didn’t. Instead, he just smiled cheerfully again and said “Stop looking so sad! Frowns don’t look good on you.” He pulled the corners of my mouth up and I giggled.

“That’s more like it.” He said as I laughed a bit more. I smiled at my ex before jumping off the bench that sat on our little spot on the roof and walked over to him, pecking his cheek lightly.

“Thanks” I smiled at him. He smiled back and took my hand as he lead me back inside and to my next class.

As hopelessly in love I am with Jonghyun, I was considering how great of a person and boyfriend Seunghyun was. Right now, I just needed someone to keep me up. I was hoping Jonghyun would be the one to do that, but nope. He was just playing with my feelings.

And the funny thing is, is that he doesn’t even know he’s doing it. 

 

--

Ch 9~

ok, so you're probably gonna hate me for writing this chapter right?

But don't worry, i promise Jongkey will definetly happen!

Remember the saying? A drop of jealousy is like a love potion <3

Okay, so remember the guy i told you about?

Yeah, i got a study date with him >w< we've never really talked in person but we've been fb chattin every day and he said he needs halp w. math so i asked him if he wanted me to tutor him and he said yeah :D

but he's sick ): so idk but im so glad i talk to him every day :)

so, anyways, this chappie is crawling with couples :3 (sadly, jongkey: not co much :/)

as you can see, i also very much ship GTOP, Yunjea, 2min (OBVIOUSLY XD) and maybe a little of Yewook :3

LOL did you guys see the vid of Yesung reacting to yewook fanfics? xD he called fans erted ( - 3-)

Lol, anyways, i needz your help~!! (>_<) i need to give the following people a pair:

Onew (since i mentioned he has a fiance)

Amber

Yoseob (maybe)

So comment below who you think should be these people's boyfriend/girlfriend!! x3

Okay :3 now, some people asked me why i decided to pick Seunghyun to be Key's ex. i guess it came from this pic?

er... well, this was when Seunghyun and the others crossdressed on Makbanshi (they were trying to look more girly than when Taemin crossdressed xD)

yeah i couldn't find a pic of just key and seunghyun so i used this pic... im making sense am i?

wait what? wtf im confusing myself -___-

Plus, when Key imitated Seunghyun's rap in I hope :3

and, when key, jjong and seunghyun danced to abracadabra xD lol, i just couldnt stop laughing x3

also, Seunghyun said he's better looking than Key and Key got all diva and was about to splash hot water on him xD

lol and then jaejin said he was better looking than key too and key got really pissed xDD

and then they said one thing Seunghyun and Key have in common is that they both likr to bother their hyungs :3 (Key bothering Jonghyun xD and Seunghyun bothering Jonghoon)

anyways, i just love Seunghyun and i wanted to randomly put him in here so... yea :)

okai, well im done rambling on and on so until next time~

and Happy Thanksgiving (:

Anngyeong (~.^)