I'm trying to say I love you

Kiss Kiss Kiss

~Taemin POV~

I followed Jonghyun hyung as he carried umma to the nurses office.

“Hyung, will he be okay?” I asked while poking his side. He just shrugged in response as he continued to carry Key into the school.

He went into the nurse’s office, and the crowd that was following us had thinned out until it was just me, Minho, Amber, and Seunghyun.

We all looked at each other, concerned for our friend.

We waited outside the nurse’s office, almost silent until we just started talking about Key.

“I remember once I went shopping with him and he was fighting with some random chick over a hat” Amber chuckled.

“We went on a date once to the movies and some stranger tried to pick him up, so I beat his ” Seunghyun popped out.

“Umma was making food for me once and I tried to help him, but accidentally cut myself and he practically had a panic attack.” I laughed.

“I wanted to hold hands with Minnie once but Key ran through our hands, scolding me that it was way too early to be holding hands even though we’d been dating for months” Minho sighed.

We continued to tell little stories about him until the door was practically thrown open and out stepped Jonghyun.

Seunghyun shot up and grabbed the shorter by the collar of his shirt, almost lifting him off the ground.

“Is he okay?”

Jjong  just nodded numbly and asked calmly if he could be put down. He let him down slowly, and then he sat down on an extra chair out in the hallway.

He sighed heavily and pushed his face into his hands, grumbling. Is he… okay?

“Hyung?” I poked his side. He peeked over at me.

“Why are you so…” I couldn’t exactly finish my sentence, so everyone finished it for me.

“Sad.”

 “PMS-y”

“Ugly”

Everyone’s head turned to Seunghyun who had called Jjong ugly, but we just laughed knowing he was kidding. He actually admitted it when Jonghyun shot him death glares.

He sighed heavily. “I don’t know. Things with me and Key are so… complicated now for some reason.”

“Yeah, I heard you two kissed” Seunghyun and Minho said at the same time.

Everyone else jumped up. Amber pointed a finger at Jonghyun.

“You did what?!”

My jaw dropped and I hit Minho’s head. “How come you didn’t tell me?”

He looked up at me and pouted while he rubbed his head. I felt bad and immediately sat on his lap, rubbing where I had hit him. But nonetheless, I continued to scold him.

“You buttface, not telling me that my own umma kissed his crush” I mumbled. He just smiled sheepishly and kissed my nose.

“Sorry, sorry. I just found out not long ago.” He said. I rolled my eyes but pecked his lips to show I forgive him as I jumped off his lap.

Amber was still yelling at Jonghyun for not even telling her he kissed her own best friend, but she eventually stopped when a couple of teachers came and told us we had to go back and calm down.

We went our separate ways to get back to our teams, but I couldn’t shake off that feeling that Key isn’t alright right now. Knowing him, he’s probably crying.

 

~Key POV~

I sat up in the bed and rubbed my eyes, trying to get rid of the evidence I’ve been crying.

The nurse came in and saw me, then smiled. “Oh Kibum-ah, you’re awake. How are you feeling? You must be feeling stressed or something.”

I smiled up at my noona. She didn’t seem that much older than me, maybe she was a student teacher or something..?

“Neh noona”

“Oh, that’s not good. Do you want to tell me what happened? I’m studying to be a therapist. Parent problems? Bad grades?”

I shook my head and sighed. “It’s just… love problems.” I mumbled, looking down.

She gasped as she pulled a chair and sat by my bed. “Omo, well I could help with that. My fiancé and I have had a lot of experience. So, who is she?”

She? Well, whatever. “Er, well, I’ve liked her for a long time. And she just started noticing me this year. And she’s been kinda teasing me, making me think she loves me. But I didn’t know if she did, until his-er, her friends started telling me she did. And then, she kisses me out of nowhere.. and now I’m really confused about what to do.”

She nodded slowly before breaking into a smile. “It’s that Jonghyun boy who brought you here, isn’t it?”

I sighed heavily and my head fell. “How did you know?”

“He has a kind of…aura I guess that just says he’s in love with you and cares about you.”

“Aura..?”

“I guess it’s like, just by feeling the air around him while you’re here, you can tell he loves you.”

I nodded slowly, even though I didn’t exactly understand it. “Okay, so then what do I do now? I haven’t faced him in a while, and he apologized for him taking my first kiss.”

“Well, did you not want him to kiss you?”

“No actually… I wanted him to be my first.”

“So tell him he has nothing to be sorry about.”

“And then what?”

“Well, what else? Tell him you love him.”

My eyes popped. “What? But-“

“Well, what else can you do? You love him, he loves you, there’s nothing more to it. Just… think of it like a colorful string.”

“String?”

“Yeah, a string. And it’s very colorful. And each couple has their own string. On one end, it’s red, meaning love. That’s one person’s feelings. On the other end is your partner’s feeling, that’s also red. So basically, the ends are both red which means you love each other. And what matters also are the colors in the middle. Those colors can stand for confusion, sadness, maybe hate, lust, etc. But you don’t want any other colors on your string, you want it to be completely red so it’s all pure love.”

I nodded slowly while she continued.

“So, you have to get rid of the colors in the middle by sorting them out. So tell me Key, what are the colors of your string?”

My string? So one end is Jonghyun, and the other is me..

“It’s red on both sides, but there’s confusion and sadness in the middle.”

“Okay, simple. Now just get rid of your sadness and confusion so the string is totally red.”

“But how do I-“

“Graah Kibum, how you do that is totally up to you. It’s your romance story, not mine or anyone else’s.”

It’s my romance story. I decide how to fix it and make it stronger.. not nurse noona or Minnie or Seunghyun or Onew hyung.

I smiled and swung my legs over the bed. “Thanks noona! I’m gonna go talk to Jjong right now~!”

“Ah, but Kibum, you have to-”

Before she could finish her sentence, I had tried to stand up and it failed oddly. My ankle was in pain and whole leg was sore, causing me to fall back on the bed once more.

“Rest yourself…” she finished as she pulled the covers over me once again.

I sighed and pouted, but made no move to get out. After all, if I did, how exactly would I talk to Jjong? I should plan things out first.

*+*+*+*+*+*

~Jonghyun POV~

“Jjong-ah!” a voice called. It was a little unfamiliar, but not exactly..

I turned around to see Luna-sshi coming my way. “Oh, Luna-sshi” I said. She seemed out of breath so I let her catch it before she spoke.

“Key-ah is doing fine, he woke up shortly after you left” she smiled, but It faltered a little. “And… he told me something about your kiss…”

My jaw dropped. “What? Why would he say that?”

“Don’t get mad Jonghyun, he just told me without saying it was you, but I managed to figure it out.”

“And how..?”

“You give off feelings when you’re near Kibum-ah. You have a vibe that’s like you want to protect him and you love him. It’s really obvious actually.”

I sighed heavily and shrugged. “Is it that obvious?”

She chuckled and patted my head. “Yeah, it is actually.”

I sighed and felt her rubbing my head like I was some sort of puppy. “Jonghyun, you just need to tell Key already. Stop putting it off or you’re not going to get anywhere.”

I was about to speak when I was cut off by Onew’s voice that rang through the air, making Luna-sshi smile widely and turn to hug her fiancé.

Jinki saw me and smiled sympathetically. “I heard about Key and you..”

“Bwoh? How?”

"I found Key a little before the 500 meter dash and he was curled up crying and well, he just told me.”

 I bit my bottom lip. So he was crying... I just nodded numbly as he asked Luna how he was doing.

She gave a cheery reply saying he was fine and she had given him some advice since he seemed kinda down still. I remembered the secret kiss I'd given him while he was asleep. He was asleep right..? He's very good at acting.

 I shook off my worried feeling and left the couple to go find Amber and Changmin, who also heard about Key and was worried as well as almost everyone else. I just told him he's fine and he just had to rest since he seemed stressed and stuff.

I left out the parts about me kissing him and everything though. The day carried on with Key never leaving my mind. Amber noticed and constantly teased me about it. I ignored it every time since I couldn't deny it at all. I participated in a few of the events the sports day threw at us, though I didn't want to win honestly. What was the prize anyways?

 

~Key POV~

A knock on the door made me sit up again and put my phone away. “Come in”

Through the door stepped a very cheerful looking Onew as he jumped next to me on the bed. “Key-ah, are you feeling better?”

“Much better.” I smiled at my hyung who was showing off that goofy grin of his.

“Jjong has been really worried about you” he said, lowering his head a bit. I sighed and leaned back with my palms against the bed.

“That stupid dinohead… he doesn’t have to worry about me.” I smiled brightly because it was true actually. I was done with being hurt and sad and frustrated, and I know I can’t bring it onto other people because it’s my problem, so I have to decide how to fix it.

The nurse noona stepped through the door and smiled at us two. “Kibum-ah, are you feeling any better?”

I nodded. “Yes, much better. May I go now, I really want to.”

She chuckled and nodded. “Just don’t participate in any of the events.”

I nodded as Onew suddenly stood up and wrapped his arms around the now blushing embarrassed girl. What the..? Does he know her?

“You’re such a great person for taking care of him” he laughed as he lifted her a few feet off the ground. She squealed and hit his shoulder to let him know she liked staying on the floor. When she pulled away, her face was still slightly red.

“Yah, stop embarrassing me” she said shyly. My eyes widened a bit before I caught on.

“Onew-sshi, you’re fiancé is the school nurse?”

He smiled proudly and wrapped both arms around her waist. “Yep. Oh right I haven’t introduced you two yet. Luna, this is Key, a student in one of my periods and a very excellent rapper. Key, this is Luna, my fiancé.”

I smiled and said aww. “You two are so cute” I giggled. Both their faces turned a little pink before I stood up slowly.

“I think I should go now.”

Luna nodded. “Good luck Key-ah, and please do take care of your leg.”

I nodded back and told her the same thing, but with Onew-sshi. After that, I started to walk slowly out into the hall and out the doors that led to the fields.

No one noticed me, so I gently made my way into the bleachers when a hand caught my wrist and I stared into the eyes of no other than…

Jonghyun.

 

~Jonghyun POV~

He’s there. Oh my God, he’s right there, I can’t let him get away now.

He was walking really slowly, probably because his leg still hurt. I can’t stand seeing him hurt. But then again, isn’t It me causing all that pain?

I grabbed his wrist without thinking and he turned before I could blink. His dark feline eyes looked into mine, searching them for what, I don’t know.

“Key…”

“Jjong, I-”

“We have to talk. Like, right now.”

Then, I pulled him away from the crowd, back into the building, and up the flight of stairs that lead to the roof.

 

~Key POV~

Hs grip on my wrist was so strong, it hurt. It reminded me of yesterday when he wore that mask so he could say he loves me and me not know it’s him.

We went up to the roof, I don’t know why, but we were just suddenly there.

Both breathless, I leaned on the wall and he hovered over me, with the palm of his hands on the wall on either side of my head.

“Jong-”

“Do you know what I was trying to say this morning?”

This morning..?

Oh right, we were arguing about that stupid bet that now suddenly seems like not something horrible to do, but maybe it was just okay.

But he never got the chance to finish what he was saying.

“A-ani” I didn’t mean for it to come out stuttered, but the butterflies in my stomach were rising and I swallowed nervous for what he was going to do.

I read his face and this is what I found: plain frustration. He was… angry? At who?

From the corner of my eyes, I could see his hands scrunch up into fists and I started to get the impression he was going to hit me.

“You idiot…”

I shut my eyes tight but instead of getting a fist to my face, I got his lips instead in a fast mouth-crashing kiss that hit me with enough force to bruise.

He pulled back suddenly, not looking into my eyes as he shouted.

“I’m trying to say I love you!”

He kissed me once more, softly this time, before he ran away in the blink of an eye, and he didn’t even let me give him my response.

I sunk to the ground with an emotion feeling that seemed to be mixed, happiness and frustration (similar to Jjong’s), and sadness that he’d just leave like that.

Why was he so embarrassed? I touched my fingers to my lips. How many times has he kissed me today?

I felt my eyes water up as I remembered what he had said.

He loves me.

And I love him too.

But how am I going to tell him that?

 

--

Sorry this chapter is kinda rushed, i just was itching to write a confession already

OMOMO so how will Key confess his love? :O

I honestly have no idea since I have like nothing planned out m(_ _)m
Kay maybe a little/few idea...
I'm open to suggestions, and I'll be sure to credit you and stuff :D

Oh right, I'll love you all forever if you check out my latest FF, which is a series of one or two shots about how SHINee may sopend holidays (like new years and valentines day and stuff :3) Click it~ :D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/121620/very-shinee-holidays-2min-fluff-jongkey-oneshot-shinee

Lol well anyways, happy 2012~! New Year's was fun, i played luck-fire-luck w. my cousins :p
And I didn;t get the SHINee japanese album for Christmas D:
Apperantly, my aunt didn;t order it -3-
So I'm getting it for my birthday instead (comin up on Feb 10!!!!)

Anyways, i'll love you forever if you check out my one shot series, Very SHINee Holidays (;
K, well im tired af bcuz i had basketball tryouts and stupid 200 page geometry packet :(
I'm pretty gad i didnt have to keep you guys waiting a whole week to read the newest update :D

Okay, well byebee~!!
Subscribe+Comment if you enjoyed, ~!! (:

Anngyeong (^.~)

OMG sorry my A/Ns are long AF i just have soo much to rant about :p