The Game of Love is won by he who moves the swiftest

Kiss Kiss Kiss

~Minho POV~

I walked through the school doors and smiled to myself.

Finally, today was the first day of the sports festival. We’d set up today, putting out cones, deciding groups, etc. and the first event was a basket ball game.

“What’re you all smiley about?” my best friend Jonghyun asked as he walked up to me. I beamed even more.

“Sports festival, duh.”

“Of course, Mr. Captain of the basket ball team.”

I rolled my eyes and spotted a bouncing bundle of auburn in a crowd. I pushed past the students with Jjong behind me and smiled at Taemin, who was dancing and attracting the attention of the girls and boys. He saw me and jumped on me, almost knocking me over. I wonder where he gets so much strength from.

“Minho!! Yay, you’re here!”

I smiled and patted his head. “What’s up? I went to your house this morning but Taesung said you’d already left.”

He giggled and got off me. “I volunteered to help set up.”

I nodded and he took my hand as he led me to the gym. I looked around in amazement. Colorful streamers hung from the bright ceiling, posters hung on the wall saying stuff like “GO, white team~” or “Blue team! Fighting!” The mats were spread out as well.

“This is where we’re going to have the gymnastics competition tomorrow.” He explained. He then dragged me outside and surprised me even more.

In our huge field, there were more streamers, more balloons, more sport equipment: basketball hoops, soccer goals, etc. They also decorated the bleachers, the race track, the tennis court, and the basketball court. Just then the bell rang and I turned around. From the loud speakers, an invisible voice called out, “Attention students, please go to your first period classes. Groups will be decided then we will head out to the field. Our first event will be the school’s senior and freshmen varsity basketball team vs the sophomore and junior’s varsity basketball team this afternoon.”

I grinned. “Promise to cheer me on?” I squeezed my boyfriend’s hand and he grinned back at me. “Yep!” he pecked my cheek before we followed the other students who were making their way back into the building.

I spotted Key right away from his bright red highlights on his pitch black hair. He was talking to Seunghyun, with a very annoyed Jonghyun behind them. I guess Key hasn’t confessed to Jjong yet. I walked over and dragged him away.

“Yah, you stupid frog, what are you doing?”

“What’s with you? Every time I see you, you’re giving Seunghyun a death glare.”

“Because he makes me so mad!”

“Why?”

“Minho, that guy’s whole existence on this planet pisses me off.”

“Why?”

“Because…” he sighed. “Because he broke Key’s heart and left. Now he’s back and thinks he can make up for it and even get him back.”

“Is that it?”

“…”

“Jonghyun?”

He pouted. “A-actually, no.”

“What?”

“I-“ he stopped and turned around to see Key who was now chatting cheerfully with Amber. “I. . . sorta made a really stupid bet. With Seunghyun.”

Oh no… I know that my best friend is a real idiot, but when he says something is stupid, that means that it’s just hopelessly insane. “What is it?”

He bit his bottom lip. “Well, we said the first to take Key’s first kiss will be his boyfriend, and the other has to back off…”

See what I mean? Hopelessly insane. “What the hell, Jjong! A first kiss is supposed to be given, not stolen! And it’s not a game!”

I felt someone poke my arm and looked to see Taemin staring up at me with wide eyes. “But hyung, you were the one who just stole my first kiss out of nowhere.”

“That’s different Minnie. You were practically asking me to.” He pouted and I looked back at my stupid best friend.

“Does Key know?”

“Aniyo”

“Are you going to tell him?”

“. . .”

“Jonghyun…”

“Minho, this is between Seunghyun and i.”

“But you can’t just steal someone’s first kiss to win a bet!”

“This isn’t all about the bet!”

“Then what is it about other than your little game?”

“I…” he sighed heavily again. “Isn’t it obvious?”

“No”

“Yeah”

I looked at Taemin who had answered the same time as me, but with a completely opposite answer. “What?”

He cocked an eyebrow at me. “Minho, it’s so obvious. Jjong hyung is in love with umma~”

Huh? “But, I thought you were only teasing Key.”

“Well, yeah. Just because it’s so fun.”

“But, Key doesn’t think that.”

“Huh?”

“Jjong, everything you do to Key, those little kisses or pecks on the nose or cheek or whatever, the almost kisses, the compliments, the stares, the winks, everything. Key takes everything to heart, and he was crushed when you said you were just teasing him.”

 

~Jonghyun POV~

Key is crushed? I hurt him? But, that’s the exact opposite of what I wanted to do to him.

“No… I only did those things to hint that I like him…”

“So, why’d you say it’s just teasing?”

“Because, I want to see his reactions when I do stuff like that. Those little reactions, the blushing or smiles, they make me feel like he loves me back.”

They said nothing ore after that and just stared at me, or at least, I thought they were staring at me. Instead, they were looking and watching something in the distance, behind me. “What’re you looking at?”

I think they tried to get me to not turn around, but it was too late. I already saw what had caught their attention, and I didn’t really like it.

Key was being dragged away by that stupid Seunghyun, and he was blushing.

What the hell, I’m the only one who can make Key blush like that! I growled under my breath and stomped after them, leaving Taemin and Minho behind.

I don’t care what Minho says, love really is a game. But it’s game that has a point, a meaning, and it makes you want to play and win more than anything in the world.

And the game is won by he who moves the swiftest.

And right now, I can’t stand to lose against the swift Song Seunghyun.

 

~Key POV~

When I woke up, Jonghyun was at my door. He wasn’t happy, but he wasn’t mad or sad either. His emotions looked just, plain. I smiled widely, hoping he would cheer up from my happy presence.

“Good morning Jjong~” I sang as I grabbed his hand. His mouth curved up into a smile and he said good morning back as we walked down the sidewalk.

He opened up finally when we started talking about music. Bands we like, what we listen to, he seemed really happy to be talking about music.

When we reached the school, there were streamers and balloons and posters hung up all around. “Oh right, today’s the sports festival.”

Of course I remembered, I made sure to bring the right supplies. Tennis shoes, {a lot of} extra clothes, water bottles, snacks (for Taeminnie), sunscreen (in case if it’s too bright or hot out), etc.

I walked in and was immediately yanked away by no other than my ex, who smiled sweetly at me. “Morning Bummie!”

I blushed. He hadn’t called me that in forever. I turned, expecting to see Jonghyun still standing there. But nope, he was stomping off. Literally, stomping. He looked like a little pouting kid.

“Hey Seunghyun” I simply said. We brought up a random conversation until I could hear Minho and Jonghyun talking loudly somewhere behind me.

I turned around and it looked like they weren’t fighting, but maybe Minho was trying to knock some sense into that stupid dinosaur. I continued to stare at that certain dinosaur though.

He was cute when he was angry. Haha, he was really cute when he was doing anything, or nothing at all. His brown hair that he’d dyed to make his bangs blonde made him look even better than when he was in middle school. If that was possible.

He looked so… I just can’t explain it. He made my heart go a million miles a second just by looking at him and when I was actually with him, it went even faster. This was making me crazy. I have to go talk to him.

I was about to walk away when a soft hand grabbed mine. Seunghyun looked at me, seeming all serious, with a hint of desperation and sadness in his eyes.

“Key, I have to talk to you. I need to tell you something.”

“Oh, okay let me just-“

“Key, it has to happen now

Before I could protest anymore, he was already dragging me away, down the hallway and up the stairs. He ran quickly, like the building was on fire and we needed to get out on the roof or we’d die.

“Seunghyun, slow down!”

He didn’t listen, instead, he went faster. What did he need to talk to me about that was so urgent?

“Seung-“

I was interrupted by the sound of a sob. It was quiet, and muffled but I still heard it. We reached the roof and sat on the ledge, without our legs sticking out or anything so we don’t fall.

My ex made no intention of looking at me, instead, he sniffled again and wouldn’t even turn in my direction.

“Se-“

I was cut off again when he suddenly threw his arms around me and in the blink of an eye, he was crying into my shoulder.

“Key, I-I’m sorry. It’s just that I can’t stand to see you looking at Jonghyun like that. I-It makes me s-so sad when I think about the fact that you’re in love with him, yet I’m in love with you at the s-same time.”

I blinked but hugged him back tightly and patted his back before his long black and brown hair. “Shh, Seunghyunnie, calm down.”

“Don’t call me that Key” he mumbled into my shoulder.

“Wae? You were the one who wanted me to call you that.”

“That was before.”

“Oh”

We went silent until he peeled back and looked down. “I’m sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize.”

“Not for this Kibum.” He stared at me straight in the eye. “I mean, I’m sorry I tried to steal your first kiss. I… I just wanted you to love me.”

I heard a creak behind us but ignored it. It was covered up by his sobs anyways.

I continued to “Shh” him, until he suddenly pulled back and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, catching me by surprise.

“Seu-“

He suddenly started moving closer and closer, me getting more scared.

“Wh-what are you doing?” Don’t tell me he’s going to kiss me! He didn’t answer and continued to lean in until I could feel his breath on my lips.

I’d try to squirm away, but he kept a firm grasp on my wrist. I screwed my eyes shut and held my breath. I can’t believe he’s actually going to do this . . .!

I waited for his lips to touch mine… but they didn’t. Instead, they touched the tip of my nose. My eyes popped open and I stared wide-eyed at the smirking boy.

“M-my nose?!”

He chuckled. “Sorry to scare you like that. I just don’t think I could bring myself to force a kiss on you, especially when you love someone else.”

I blinked, and blinked again. Then, I hit him. Not too hard though. Maybe.

“Seunghyun, you !” I wanted to appear mad, but it failed when I burst into laughter. Why was I even laughing? Maybe it was because of his priceless expression that he wore after I’d slapped him, or maybe it’s because when Seunghyun almost kisses me, it just makes me want to smile, like he’s a brother or something that’s teasing me.

He smiled at me and stood up. “C’mon, we have to finish preparing for this afternoon.” He held out his hand and I took it happily, skipping alongside him as we began making or way back downstairs.

When we walked through the door of our first period, all eyes were on us, and our interwined fingers. Especially Jonghyun. He looked like he was ready to kill someone. Why was he so mad?

I let go of my ex’s hand and sat by Amber who asked me what’s up with me and Seunghyun. I just told her I’d tell her later and looked at Jonghyun. He was glaring out the window, it looked like smoke was about to come out his ears.

I scribbled down a note as the teacher checked who was here and who wasn’t. I threw the not at him, only to have it his head. Which probably just made him more pissed, but oh well.

‘Why are you so mad?’

He wrote something quickly before chucking it back at me.

‘Shut up’

I blew air into mu cheeks. What the hell, I’m only trying to help him here!

‘what’s your problem?’

‘sorry Kibum, but im rlly not in the mood’

‘wae?’

‘please… just stop bothering me…’

‘I won’t.’

‘Kim Kibum… just… don’t. im really pissed.’

‘yeah, I can see that.’

I expected him to just write something back, but instead, he crumpled the note and threw it into the trash, then continued to stare out the window.

What the hell!! I was ready to throw something at him, but I restrained myself not to. Maybe I should just stay away from him. In the meantime, I can hang out with Seunghyun and Amber more.

I pushed that moron out of my mind and paid close attention when the teacher announced the groups for this class.

“Okay, we are the blue team, class 3 freshmen, and here are the groups…”

I ended up in the same group as Seunghyun and Minho. Amber was in the same group as Jonghyun, and Taemin was not in any of our groups.

He looked shocked and sad, but Minho reassured him with a smile that made my adorable son smile again. I can’t believe how lucky they are, to be in love. I’m so jealous.

The first half of the day flew by, and we were called out to the field.

The principal made a small speech before bellowing out his last words that made everyone cheer.

“And now, let the sports festival begin!”

And so, It began. Not just the sports festival, but all of the changings in my feelings towards Jonghyun and Seunghyun. And what’s weird is that, I didn’t know if they got stronger or weaker. 

 

--

Ch 11~ ^-^

Aww, people unsubscribed. that makes me so sad ):
well, im really sleepy so that's it for today, sorry this chapter was so rushed.
And, in case if anyone's confused, Key and Seunghyun did NOT kISS. IT'S JUST THAT WHERE JJONG WAS STANDING, IT LOOKED LIKE THEY DID. sorry i didnt mean to write that in all caps :P
well, i was going to try a double update again but im way too sleepy so bye bye~ (: