We got jobs as what?

Kiss Kiss Kiss

 

~Key POV~

The first half of the day went by really quickly, and thank goodness.

 

All through class, Jonghyun kept poking me and looking away, staring at me, and passing notes. Sure, it was cute, but it was getting a little annoying. Kind of like a puppy.

 

After that class, I rushed out the room before Jonghyun could catch me. Of course, I do kinda still like him, but he was irritating me a little.

 

I opened my locker and put away my books. Next I had lunch, and I really had to talk to Amber.

 

She’d probably say that Jonghyun likes me, since he’s been bugging me the whole day. I sighed. At least he didn’t know where my locker is.

 

Or so, I thought.

 

Hey beautiful” a voice behind me sang. My face turned a bright red and I spun around, not really surprised to see Jonghyun there, leaning against the lockers. Was he just teasing me again?

 

What?”

 

I said…” he stepped closer. “Hey beautiful” he repeated.

 

I stared up at him. He’s… joking right?

 

You’re such a tease” I stuck my tongue out and pushed past him before closing my locker.

 

Hey” he said as he caught up to me. “I’m not a player. What, I can’t think you’re pretty?”

 

I bit my bottom lip. He really thinks that?

 

Yeah, I really think that” he chuckled as if he was reading my mind. I fumed. “Arrgh, you piss me off” I told him, even though I was smiling on the inside.

 

He chuckled. “So, you have lunch next?”

 

Yep. You too?” “Yeah”

 

What class do you have afterwards?”

 

Music” I said happily. I loved music class. I play the piano and sing.

 

Music, really? My friend is the teacher.”

 

Huh? Really? “You mean Onew?”

 

Yep”

 

Huh. Cool.”

 

I thought back to the time I first met him. I’d found him singing alone in the music room, late after school. I looked at him and smiled.

 

You look like a person that would be great at singing” I told him.

 

He said nothing for once, but I noticed the tips of his mouth curve up a little, forming a small smile. How come he doesn’t want anyone to hear him sing? He was amazing. . .

 

We entered the lunch room. I looked around and instantly knew where Amber was, judging from the bunch of girls and boys in one corner of the room.

 

I pushed past the fans and Jonghyun followed me. She was rapping a part of a song and was attracting a crowd.

 

When she saw me, she grinned. After she was done with the song, apparently it was called Nu Abo, her fans went away, leaving me, her, Jonghyun, and Taemin who just arrived.

 

What’s up Key and. . .Jonghyun?” she smiled.

 

Jonghyun grinned back. “Hey, Amber right?”

 

She nodded. “Yep, why don’t you join us for lunch?”

 

I shot her a look that said ‘No-don’t-ask-him-to-sit-with-us-I-can’t-stand-him-anymore’, but she just rolled her eyes.

 

Ah, actually, I think I’m gonna sit with my friends” he told us. Thank God.

 

"Okay” we all said. He smiled at me once more. “Bye Kibummie” he sang and winked, making me turn extremely red.

 

He chuckled at the color of my face before walking away. I turned to my best friend, who looked totally excited.

 

man, he definitely has the hots for you!” she laughed as she punched my arm. I rubbed my shoulder and pouted. “No, he’s just teasing me.” Too bad it was true.

 

Taemin stared at me. “I don’t think so umma. The way he looks at you is kind of like how Minho looks at me” he smiled goofily and I sighed. He was so love struck.

 

Tae, Amber…”

 

C’mon Key, don’t you like him?” Amber narrowed her eyes at me.

 

Well, I think so, but-”

 

No buts, umma” Taemin cut me off. “Me and Amber can help you”

 

I frowned but gave in. It was no use fighting with these two.

 

So” Amber grinned, leaning closer to me. “Tell me everything about the almost kiss”

 

I pressed my lips together, but told her and Taemin the whole story. Once I was done, I sighed and looked at the two, who both had wide eyes and goofy grins pasted on their faces.

 

Okay, that settles it! Me and Tae are gonna be your cupids!” Amber burst out.

 

My Cupids? “What the hell Amber. . .”

 

What” she narrowed her eyes at me again. “You don’t want to be with Jonghyun?”

 

I bit my lip and pouted in defeat. “That’s what I thought” she laughed satisfied, sitting back in her seat.

 

Oh! I have an idea” Taemin perked up and whispered in Amber’s ear. She grinned again. “Okay, go do that!” she laughed. Taemin nodded and skipped away.

 

I glared at my best friend. “What is he doing?”

 

We’re going to visit Minho after school” she said happily. Visit Minho? And Taemin went to. . .

 

He’s going to drag Jonghyun along isn’t he?” I sighed and laid my head on the table.

 

Even though I couldn’t see Amber, I could tell she was smiling again. “Yep!”

 

 

~Jonghyun POV~

After leaving Key, I walked over to the table where I spotted Yoseob, Ryeowook, Yunho and Jaejoong.

 

Yo” I said sitting down. Yoseob grinned at me. “Jjong, I saw you talking to Key~”

 

I stuck my tongue out and he did the same. “Grah, shut up” I grinned.

 

Jonghyun” Jaejoong said. I turned to him. “If you like him, why don’t you just tell him?”

 

Because” I grinned. “It’s more fun, for the both of us.”

 

Are you sure about that?” Ryeowook asked. I screwed my lips to the side.

 

Maybe. Well, I am still trying to sort my feelings.”

 

Well, you better sort fast” a voice behind me said. Huh?

 

I turned and saw Taemin. “Oh, it’s you Tae” I sighed.

 

Hey, we’re going to visit Minho after school, why don’t you come with us?”

 

Visiting Minho? “Sure why not”

 

Taemin’s face lit up and he grinned “Great! Meet me in the soccer fields after school and we’ll walk together!”

 

I was about to say something, but before I got the chance to, he was already skipping back to his table where Key looked at him like he was angry, but somewhat excited.

 

What was Taemin planning?

 

 

~Key POV~

As much as I wanted to know what Taemin was doing, I knew he wasn’t going to tell me so I just stopped asking him about it.

 

The only thing he told me was that he wanted me to go with him when he visited Minho after school, and to meet in the soccer fields.

 

I sighed as I walked down the halls. I was both happy and sad that Jonghyun wasn’t in any other of my classes..

 

Through the rest of the day, I kept on zoning out, thinking of that stupid puppy slash dinosaur.

 

Why do I keep wondering about him? It’s not like I like him or anything. Right?

 

No, that was a lie. I do like him, but I’m not sure if I love him. . .

 

I banged my head on the desk, earning stares from other kids and a scolding from the teacher. Dammit, get it together Kibum! Stop thinking of him so much!

 

When I was at my locker preparing to go home, finally, I remembered to meet Taemin at in the soccer fields after school.

 

I pulled my arms through the sleeves of my jacket and swung my backpack over my shoulder when I suddenly bumped into something tall and strong.

 

Ouch” I said rubbing my nose. I opened my eyes and saw Jonghyun standing there. Wonderful.

 

Hey” he grinned. I blushed. His smile was so bright. “Oh, hi” I huffed out, gathering as much of my diva attitude as I could get out of me. Which wasn’t much.

 

Are you going to visit Minho?” he asked as he walked beside me.

 

Yeah, how did you know?”

 

Taemin invited me to come with him, and I figured you would be going too.”

 

So that’s it. “Oh.”

 

We walked on in silence for once and finally reached the soccer fields outside.

 

I immediately spotted Taemin and Amber sitting on the metal bench close to the sidewalk.

 

They jumped up when they saw us. “There you are! Come on, let’s go!”

 

I sighed and tried to catch up to the two who were already sprinting down the sidewalk. I knew what they were doing. They were trying to get me to walk with Jonghyun alone.

 

I gave up on getting away from Jonghyun when I was out of breath.

 

Are you okay?” he patted my shoulder. I flinched at his touch.

 

Just fine” I mumbled. He looked at me confused but said nothing.

 

Damn Amber and Taemin! As much as I love those two, they really know how to push my buttons.

 

I know they were just trying to help me, but I already told them I’m not sure how I feel about Jonghyun.

 

Where are we going?” I sighed. He looked around and pointed to a tall apartment building.

 

I think this is it” he said. I peeked over at him and he grinned. “Let’s go”

 

He caught me by surprise when he grabbed my hand and pulled me next to him, but I didn’t let go. Instead, I blushed and didn’t dare look at his face as we ran over to the building. I don’t want him to know that I actually liked the thought of us holding hands.

 

Taemin and Amber were already there, waiting in the front.

 

Thanks for waiting for us” I spat out at her. She just rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time an gave me a ‘Like-you-didn’t-enjoy-being-alone-with-Jonghyun’ look. I pouted as Taemin led us up the stairs.

 

Minho~” he sang when we entered one of the apartments. Apperantly, Minho gave him a spare key. We all followed him to a door that had a sign hanging on it reading “Minho”, written in colorful characters and decorated with basketball and soccer balls. Taemin looked back at us and grinned, pointing to the sign. “Look umma, I drew this for him, isn’t it pretty?” he said excitedly.

 

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at me and mouthed ‘Umma?’

 

I laughed. “It’s beautiful Minnie” I told him, ignoring Jonghyun’s confused stare.

 

Taemin grinned that 100 watt smile of his and knocked on the door. “Minhooo” he sang. We followed him into the room and poked our heads in.

 

There was Minho, sitting on the bed with a laptop on his lap and headphones in his ears. When he saw us, he grinned.

 

Tae!” he smiled, pulling the ear buds out his ears.

 

Taemin smiled and ran over, tackling his boyfriend with as much strength as he could muster.

 

"Minho! i missed you so much!"

 

Minho patted the boy's back. "I know Tae, I missed you too. i really should've listened to you when you said to not play basketball so late. Sorry, I'm such an idiot" he chuckled.

 

Taemin pulled back and stared at Minho's face. "Well, you're my idiot" he smiled and pecked Minho's lips.

 

I smiled at the two. They were so cute, I envied them.

 

"Minho" someone knocked on the door and Taemin peeled himself off his boyfriend when his dad stepped in.

 

He flashed us all a smile. "Minho, I didn't know you had visitors"

 

Minho sighed. "Appa, if you're here to ask them about it, please don't"

 

Ask us about what? We all exchanged confused glances until Mr. Choi cleared his throat.

 

"Minho, it's up to them to decide if they want to do it." he looked back at us. "Ah, i don't think i know you all, but you all look like fine young men."

 

I snickered a little, but Amber punched my shoulder and raised her hand. "Uh, sir, I'm not a boy"

 

Mr. Choi looked at Amber and gasped slightly. "Oh! I'm so sorry miss!"

 

Amber chuckled. "It's cool" she nodded.

 

"Minho's appa, what were you going to ask us?" Taemin spoke up and the ajusshi looked back at him.

 

"Oh yes! Well, I just opened up a new cafe. Nice little place, not far from here, called Spades."

 

I raised my eyebrows. Where was he going with this?

 

"And actually, i need some employees" he grinned.

 

He's offering us a job?

 

"Appa. . ." Minho sighed, but his father ignored him.

 

"Do you think you'll be willing to help out? If you're friends of my son, you must be nice people. And all you have to do is wait on people, you're not going to drink or anything because I don't really plan on having alchohol served there. It's more like a place for teens to hang out, you know? But, I need some people that will attract those teens..."

 

"He means you guys will be hosts" Minho interrupted.

 

Hosts? "You mean, like we entertain customers...?" i said.

 

Mr. Choi looked at me. "Well, i guess you could put it like that. It's not anything wrong, you just have to, I guess sweet talk customers so they'll want to come back. Do you get what I'm saying?"

 

I looked back at Jonghyun and Amber. I guess none of us really knew what he was saying, but Amber didn't really care.

 

"I'll do it" she shrugged. Minho's father stared at her. "Are you sure? You don't mind?"

 

She grinned. "No, I think it'd be fun" she laughed.

 

It'd be fun? Well, she kind of had a point. We'd just be like waiters. She nudged me and i sighed.

 

"I guess I'll do it too" I said. "I wouldn't mind either" I heard Jonghyun confess behind me.

 

Taemin perked up. "It'd be fun" he said bubbly. We all stared at Minho, who sighed and gave in. 

 

"Whatever, fine"

 

Mr. Choi grinned at all of us. "Thank you, all of you! You'll only have to work on weekends, except on rare occasions when you'll work on week days. Go to this address tomorrow after school and we could get started!"

 

He handed us all a business card and I shoved it into my pocket after he left us.

 

I looked at Taemin and Minho who were talking quietly, occassionally laughing, and whispering in each other's ears, making the other blush.

 

"Tae, we're gonna go now" I said. He looked back at me. "Oh, okay. Bye umma, bye Jonghyun, bye Amber." he grinned.

 

"Bye. Get well Minho" I said as i left with Amber and Jonghyun behind me.

 

Once we were outside, Amber poked my back. "Key, i'm going to the store so I'll see you tomorrow."

 

Oh no, don't tell me, she was trying to leave me with Jonghyun again. "i'll go with you-"

 

"Nope, go home" she cut me off and pushed me at jonghyun, causing me to run into his chest.

 

"Amber..." i said. But before I could yell at her anymore, she was already out of sight.

 

I sighed. "Um..." Jonghyun said.

 

I looked at him and jumped back when I realized I was still in his arms.

 

"Oh, um, sorry!" I said nervously. He just chuckled. "It's fine"

 

I pressed my lips together. Why does he have to be so nice and irritating at the same time?

 

Well, let's go” I huffed as I began walking down the sidewalk.

 

Oh?” he said, snickering. “You're asking me to walk you home?”

 

I fumed. “Well, just leave then” I shot.

 

He chuckled. “No, I want to walk you home”

 

What the hell? I threw my hands up in the air. “You really piss me off” I exclaimed.

 

He burst out laughing and I could feel his hands grab my arms and bring them to my side again.

 

You are so funny” he said as we walked down the sidewalk.

 

Is that a compliment?

 

Yes, it's a compliment” he said.

 

I blew air into my cheeks. “Stop reading my mind!” I yelled as I stomped ahead of him.

 

After a while, I looked at him. “Come on you stupid, slow, dinosaur-looking idiot!”

 

He laughed again and ran up to me, catching me by surprise when he slipped his hand in mine.

 

So, does this mean I can walk you to and from school from now on?”

 

I blushed and turned so I wasn't facing him.

 

Only if you want to” I said under my breath. He squeezed my hand.

 

Good, then I will”

 

My face turned extremely red and I forced myself to not look at his face until I was home. Too bad I couldn't keep doing that though.

 

I kept stealing glances at him, wondering to myself if I really do like this idiot.

 

Maybe. Maybe I do like him.

 

One thing's for sure though, and it's that I was going to be seeing him a whole lot more from now on. At school, before and after, and now at out new jobs. I'll be able to spend a lot of time with this idiot.

 

And I felt really happy about it.

 

 

--

Chapter 3~ ^^

Sorry for this random chapter, i honestly have no plan as to what's going to happen in the story =P

idk where the idea to have them work as hosts came from (maybe OHSHC) XD

i just write as i go ^^ but i do have some stuff in mind tht i really wanna write :D

so im updating this more slowly than how i updated my first fic, and so sorry!! ><

im sick and stuff and i just found out i have asthma or something and so, well yea :O

Onew will be in the next chapter, promise!! you already found out he's the music teacher and a friend of jonghyun's ^^

 Alrighty, well til next time x)

And, don't forget to subscribe + comment if you've enjoyed, !! XD

 Anngyeong (^.~)