-9-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm echoed in the small room and Jin groggily got up before any of the other boys did. In fact, despite how desperate the alarm rang, none of the boys except for Jin even budged.

It was 20 minutes before the time the rest of the boys would wake up but for Jin it was a habit to do so every day. The sun hasn’t even risen yet and the air still misty outside. Jin crawled out from under the blanket as he exited the room to wash up. After a quick wash up, he stumbled into the kitchen, still half asleep as he applied a thick layer of jam onto 6 slices of bread but scrimping with just a thin layer on the last piece and instantly popped that measly breakfast into his mouth before he went to wake the boys.

Quickly, he stacked the bread one on top of another on the kitchen chair, not forgetting to cover it with a plastic container to prevent ants from infesting before heading for the bed room to wake the rest of the boys up.

As though he had done it a million times, he would head over to JungKook’s bed and casually covered his eyes with a cloth so as to not disturb him before turning on the lights, setting the room into a frenzy of unhappy groans and loud yawns.

“Yah…” Ho Seok would groan the loudest as he sits up obviously frustrated, “Why do you do this almost every morning. I feel like I am going blind.” Jin just shrugged.

“You better hurry if you don’t want to be late. AGAIN.” He emphasized as he kicked Jimin and TaeHyung awake. The two finally gave in as they sat up in their mattresses still in a dazed mode while the other boys had already rushed out of the room and squeezed into the one and only bathroom to wash up.

“Aish… He is really like a mom.” Jimin half laughed as he pulled himself and TaeHyung up and headed to join the 5-guy madness in the bathroom.

TaeHyung nodded sleepily as he tunnelled his hand through the other 3 guys hogging the sink and grabbed his and Jimin’s toothbrush and tooth paste.

“Yah I’m going out now. Breakfast is on the table.” Jin informed as he prepared himself to leave home for work in a store nearby. “By the way the time now is 7:20. You know what I mean.”

Immediately, the 5 boys burst into a state of craze as their eyes shot open and their bodies working twice as fast as before. As though on cue, they sped up their washing up process and poured out of the bathroom into the bedroom to change, stuffed a bread from the kitchen into their mouths and dashed out of the house.

Jimin and TaeHyung on the other hand, rushed JungKook into the washroom, with tooth paste and tooth brush neatly prepared by Jin on the sink, and waited for him to wash up. With perfect cooperation like they had done it a thousand times, TaeHyung and Jimin hurriedly stripped JungKook’s clothes off and threw them swiftly into the laundry bin a metre away from the washroom. JiMin then instructed JungKook to open his mouth as he inserted the toothbrush in and brushed vigorously while TaeHyung ran water over JungKook’s body, shampooed his hair, scrubbed his body, and rinsed all the soap off all at once. And with the same perfect coordination, TaeHyung and Jimin each dried one side of JungKook’s body, pulled on warm clothes and rushed him back to the room to dry his hair.

When all was done, the two ran to the kitchen, grabbed breakfast and water for themselves and JungKook.

“Kook uh, we will be late tonight so don’t wait for us just sleep alright!” TaeHyung shouted on his way out as he turned off the lights again and within a second after he completed the sentence, the door slammed shut and the pair made a frantic dash for the bus stop a good 500 metres away from their home.

“I think we are going to be late again,” Jimin laughed as they finally boarded the bus and heaved out a sigh of relief.

 

 

It was already 8:25am by the time they arrived and class was starting in just 5 minutes’ time. Perhaps if they ran, they would be able to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter