-38-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Burn it.” 

The voice rang in their heads as they held the tins tight in their hands, unable to take a step further. The boys exchanged looks and without even a word they all knew no one would be able to do this. 

“What are you doing? Burn it down!” the man from the van pushed the boys further away. “Hurry up! Don’t be weak! Once we finish this job, all of you will get paid well! Just do it!” 

“But Hyung...” Jin said, almost as a plea as he turned to face the elder boy in the car but he could tell that the guy did not care less. “Fine, you can leave now, we can make our way back ourselves.” 

But the elder would not budge. “Yah you brats, if you don’t do it we will all be killed tonight. Hurry.” He insisted on ensuring that the job was carried out before he left, and wound up the vehicle’s window instead. 


NamJoon sighed and gave the boys beside him a tap on the back as the six boys headed for the house before them dreadfully, knowing they had no choice this time.

 

“Nam Joon hyung, I can’t do this. I can beat people up, steal, anything! Just not this.” Jimin finally said as the six boys stood behind a tree and watched the family from afar eating joyfully in the house. 

NamJoon nodded and gave the younger boy a ruffle in his hair. “I know. None of us can.” He explained in a soft tone as he exchanged glances with the rest of the boys before turning his attention to the family in the house who seemed to have no idea of what was coming. “But we don’t have a choice. Seeing how even the other hyung came with us on this and refused to tell us the location before hand, it does not seem like we can get away so easily with this.” 

“That’s why we need a plan. Reduce the damage as much as possible,” Jin affirmed as he watched the elder eyeing on their every move from the vehicle some distance away. 

“That’s right,” NamJoon chimed in, looking slightly more confident than before. “Later, four of us will prepare to set the house on fire, while two of you will go in a give them some time to get out of the house through the back door. Remember to give whoever you can some injury so it looks like they escaped the fire.” 

“But what if hyung sees through our plan?” YoonGi asks, uncertain about the whole idea. After all, he was worried their plan might fall through and the undesirable might happen. 

Jin shrugged, “That might happen but it’s the only way we have now. There is no way we are going to leave this place without setting their house on fire.” 

The boys agreed and unanimously, they split into their usual groups to carry out the plan. The boys walked towards the house confidently, waiting for NamJoon’s cue. With a hand sign, TaeHyung and Jimin then sneaked around the house away from the group to the back door of the house while the rest poured kerosene all over the exterior of the house, trying their best to go unnoticed. 

 

With a thud, the back door was kicked open and the family was stunned by the break in. 

TaeHyung and Jimin wandered into the house arrogantly, breaking cutlery as they walk by, stalling time for the family to realize that something was off. Just as they noticed the boys heading for the back of the house too, the two boys lunged forward for the man and threw him a punch. “We heard that you cheated our boss’ money,” TaeHyung snickered as he sat on the back of the beaten man lying on the floor as his family watched on trying to stop the boys only to be stopped by Jimin, “where are the goods?” TaeHyung muttered into his ear with a smirk as he pulled the man’s head back by the hair. “You doing this only makes things difficult for us.. And yourself,” then threw the man’s head back to meet the floor hard. 

“I... I really don’t know what had happened! I ordered it as he had wanted! Really” The man cried as he got onto his knees and begged desperately for the boys to leave his family alone. 

In the midst, Jimin signalled to TaeHyung that the preparations were done and that they should go ahead with their plans as soon as possible. Without a second to spare, TaeHyung and Jimin kicked the man towards the direction of the door violently, disguising their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter