-50-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe the trip is over already.” HaYeon commented disappointedly as Jin dropped the bags on the living room floor of their home after taking the last train home.

“Time passes quickly,” YoonGi replied, as a matter of fact, as he made his way in the house after the boys as well, groggy.

 

“So…” Jimin casually draped his arm over TaeHyung’s neck, preventing him from entering the house just yet by pulling the both of them back, “did anything happen between you two that night after going to the supermarket?” He probed, noticing how something seemed amiss with his best friend since two nights ago.

“Not really. We bought a lot of food as you saw.”

Jimin rolled his eyes and gave his friend a kick, “Yah, you know what I’m talking about. It was the perfect opportunity why didn’t you tell her you like her?”

This time TaeHyung let out a sigh and faced his friend, his face saying everything.

“Okay okay you are not ready, but it was a good opportunity, I’m just saying.” He expressed as he raised his hands in the ‘surrender’ position, his eyes mocking his friend’s cowardice. “If you don’t say it now, you’ll never say it.”

TaeHyung threw his bag at Jimin, annoyed, who then caught it without problem as he entered the house. He hates it when Jimin is right.

 

"Kids?" Jin called out from he kitchen holding three sets of clean uniforms, “Aren’t you going to sleep? You guys have to go to school tomorrow!” He nagged, carefully laying the uniforms in a corner of the room so that it will not crumple. TaeHyung whined louder than usual, ignoring what Jin said and continued fiddling with his phone.

“Are you going tomorrow?” Jimin asked across the room to HaYeon who readily shook her head.

“I can’t there’s no one to take care of HwanHee tomorrow. Maybe I’ll just skip a day and contact Mrs Jung to see if she’s able to take care of her in the day.”

The boys nodded silently, already tired and ready to sleep. “It’s fine too, I heard Jimin say that classes are going to be cut short anyway, so you won’t miss much.” Jin concluded.

“That must be nice, not having to go to school.” TaeHyung mumbled under his breath. Unintentionally, it was caught by Jin who immediately threw his hands to TaeHyung’s face, squeezing it tightly making his lips pop.

Then with a soft but firm voice, he whispered, “if I ever hear you say about not wanting to go to school again, you are dead TaeHyung. I paid for your school fees, I decide if you go or not.” Then he patted his head like a mother would and hurried him off to bed with a warm smile opposite to his previous attitude. TaeHyung and Jimin obeyed almost instantly.

 HaYeon laughed softly. She could deal with not getting used to this side of the boys.

 

 

Morning came and the house was unusually quiet. HaYeon stretched in bed and turned to her side to find her baby wide awake and playing with her toes. Placing her palm below the side of her face, she watched her baby for a minute with a smile. It was a nice feeling to wake up in a place she felt safe in, she thought to herself.

Pulling off the extra blanket Jin gave her the night before, she slipped on the only pair of home slippers and headed for the kitchen quietly with HwanHee in her arms.

“Jungkook, good morning,” she greeted softly as she saw him sitting blankly in the middle of the living room. “Would you like some breakfast?” She asked as she laid HwanHee beside him on a towel before heading for the kitchen where she found some leftover ingredients from their trip to Busan. “Or lunch.” She mumbled to herself.

 

The smell of Kimchi stew wafted through the air and HaYeon could tell Jungkook was interested. It was already 12pm by the time she was done and since she did not have any breakfast, she was famished. Sitting across him on the floor, she gently placed HwanHee on a towel beside JungKook and folded his legs to cross. Then she placed a spoonful of rice dipped in soup and brought it to JungKook’s mouth without hesitation.

He paused and looked at HaYeon. “Try it, it’s my first time cooking for someone.” HaYeon pleaded and after much reluctance, Jungkook opened his mouth anyway. Yet after accepting it, he looked away in embarrassment and refused to eat another afterwards. HaYeon just smiled at him but stopped after a few more tries. Instead, she placed the spoon and chopstick in front of him and ate her portion with g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter