-48-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky was still dark when the nine arrived at the train station of their destination. Despite it being 5 am in the morning, the train station was already buzzing with people who were eager to rush home for ChuSeok. The atmosphere was lively, and for once, the boys were not bothered by having to wake up that early.

“EGGS!!!!!!” The six boys exclaimed simultaneously as their eyes popped with excitement. They had just got off the train after their midnight ride and could already smell the thick aroma of freshly boiled eggs wafting through the air. Immediately, the boys pulled out all the coins they had to spare. Happily, NamJoon took the responsibility upon himself to get them a bag of those treats.

 

“Ready for Busan?” TaeHyung asked as Hayeon cradled HwanHee in her arms, a yawn sneaked out between her lips while they waited for the bus near the train station they had alighted.

HaYeon nodded enthusiastically. “I can’t wait. I’ve never been on a trip before. Well, except that 1 time I went to DaeJeon with my ahjumma.”

“What?” Jimin exclaimed, unbelieving. “You live in such a biiiiig house but you have never been on a holiday?”

HaYeon nodded in response as she explained how her father never took her out. Brushing it off, she then exclaimed how happy she was to finally be able to go on a holiday.

Most importantly, she was no longer as nervous being around them after days of interaction, she knew she could trust them more. And that realization made her beyond happy. She finally had friends again.

 

The bus ride from the train station to their accommodation started with much lightheaded-ness and excitement. HaYeon eagerly tucked herself and HwanHee by the window seat and gazed out long before the bus even started moving. Across her are Jimin and JungKook, whose mood seemed to be lighter. TaeHyung skilfully loaded their bags into the top compartment and planted himself in the empty seat beside HaYeon but careful to not have their arms brush against each other in case she was uncomfortable. Just as the bus left the station, the sun peeked out of the horizon tinting it orange and HwanHee’s eyes opened, greeting him with a smile.

TaeHyung smiled in return and extended his finger to caress her chubby cheek that laid squished against her mother.

 

Reaching over for the bag of eggs, he pulled one out and hit it against the side of his seat, cracking the shells in no time. Then, he peeled if off at lightning speed. Breaking the eggs in half, he inhaled the yolk of it into his mouth before placing the white parts in front of JungKook. Jimin, then without a word, fed it to JungKook who accepted it willingly.

Then, he took another one and within seconds, popped it in front of HaYeon’s mouth.

Gratefully, HaYeon took it from TaeHyung and ate it deliciously. She smiled uncontrollably. Everything was fresh to her. Just a few months into first knowing them and a little over a week into being with the boys in their house and she felt like she was leading a brand-new life altogether. Life was too good to be true. But she knew that even if it were just a dream, she would not want to wake up from it.

 

“Are your hands tired?” TaeHyung asked, breaking HaYeon out of her thought. He clapped his hands together and invited HwanHee into his arms even before HaYeon could reply. Accepting it willingly, the baby extended both arms out to TaeHyung, going straight to him. With a silly smile on his face, TaeHyung took over HwanHee and bounced her lightly on his lap, making her giggle.

HaYeon smiled again as she clasped her hands together and enjoyed the sight. “So this is what it would feel like if HwanHee had a father…” She thought to herself but shook it out of her head immediately, not wanting to ruin her own mood or create unwanted fantasies that she knew would not come true.

TaeHyung is just being nice to her because he knew of her past, that’s why. Nothing more.

 

She took a deep breath and looked out of the window, a small gap allowing the fresh sea breeze to enter. She smiled to herself as she embraced the sea view that greeted her with novelty. It was a new sight, as she had never gone beyond Seoul and DaeJeon in her life. And seeing a nice view not blocked by infrastructures was definitely refreshing

Now, she was determined to move on from the past. Difficult it may be, but she was going to try. This trip was going to be a new start.

 

 

“Yoon Ha Yeon.” TaeHyung’s deep voice echoed in HaYeon’s ears. Her eyes squinted as light rays entered between her half-opened eye lids. was dry and her mood a little groggy. Realizing that she had unknowingly fell asleep on TaeHyung’s shoulders, she quickly apologized and turned away. Fixing her hair with the reflection from the window, she was quick to realize that HwanHee was no longer with TaeHyung.

“Jin hyung is changing her diaper behind.” Jimin explained, noticing how HaYeon was looking around. She immediately got up, wanting to help Jin out when Jimin hurriedly sat her down again “Just let him do it. He’s like a mother too you don’t have to worry.” HaYeon smiled and nodded knowingly, sinking back in her seat again.

“You must be very tired.” TaeHyung commented, telling her to look out of the window to admire the scenery before they arrive at their destination in 5 minutes.

HaYeon nodded, unsure of why that comment had made her embarrassed. “I’ve never had a good sleep in a long time.”

“So, was that a good one?”

HaYeon shook her head playfully and teased, “your shoulder is too bony.”

“Chhh,” TaeHyung scoffed and rolled his eyes, “I work out!” He defended, patting his shoulders to show off how strong they were but HaYeon just laughed.

“YAH! These shoulders carried you all the way to the hospital the other time!” He was quick to add, seeing how HaYeon refused to acknowledge.

“Okay, I know.” HaYeon finally gave in, laughing at his competitiveness.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter