-22-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I see her as a woman.”

 

The same words replayed in TaeHyung’s mind as the duo continued their journey back home. He could not find the right words to reply Jimin, neither did he know how he should regulate the suffocating feelings he had as Jimin confessed his emotions to him. “O-oh… Since when?” TaeHyung finally choked out, a smile forcefully pressed on his face.

Jimin just shrugged, not looking at his friend. “I’m not sure myself either but perhaps from the first time I saw her at detention? I can’t remember. Haha. This is funny. I have never felt this way about a girl before. Feels… kind of odd.”

“Erm… Congratulations?” TaeHyung said in an uncertain tone. He did not know what to say anymore. And the more Jimin spoke the more confused he got of himself.

Does he like her? Does he not? He knew there was something different about HaYeon to him but he could not put words to it. He thinks its pity and empathy, but how does he explain the tightness of chest and unhappiness that began to build up in his heart as Jimin continued on about his first love? He knew Jimin for more than half his life, long enough for him to know that Jimin was dead serious about HaYeon.

 

“TaeHyung? TAEHYUNG?” Jimin waved his hands in front of TaeHyung a couple of times before he broke out of his dazed state and responded to Jimin. “I said, did you bring the keys? I think Jin hyung locked the door because no one is home.”

“Wh-what? No I didn’t.” Casually, he reached down to the floor and picked up a piece of semi rusty metal that seemed to belong to a part of the door and fitted it into the key hole. Turning it a couple of times, the door finally tweaked open and TaeHyung forcefully pulled the metal out before it got stuck again. “But done.”

Jimin pulled open the door and hurried in to avoid the cold harsh wind pressing against them as the night deepens. “Anyways, I was saying, I am planning to go out with HaYeon tomorrow. Since it’s the weekend and I don’t have to work. Do you want to come along? Please come along! I’m afraid it may be awkward.”

TaeHyung scoffed, trying to sound normal, “Awkward? Park Jimin? Wow that’s new,” but immediately rejected. The thought of seeing the two of them together having fun irked him for some reason, even though he knew that Jimin was probably the only one out of the two that would think the outing to be a date. Jimin whined a little but with TaeHyung being firm about his decision, Jimin eventually gave up and mustered the courage to text HaYeon to ask her out the next day.

 

 

TaeHyung stepped out of the shower drying his hair only to find Jimin fiddling with his phone nervously as he blabbered on endlessly to JungKook about asking HaYeon out on a date. Although JungKook did not respond, not even with a nod, but TaeHyung knew JungKook was listening. Jungkook’s eyes were fixated on Jimin’s lips and his eyes slightly bigger than usual. TaeHyung smiled a little at that sight. One, because it was one of those rare days where JungKook actually showed emotions in his eyes. Two, because it is these little things like talking to JungKook that showed TaeHyung that Jimin loved Jungkook like his own brother. As much as TaeHyung was annoyed that his best friend has a crush on HaYeon and is potentially going on a date tomorrow, he felt a sense of comfort that accompanied the scene before him.

 

“So what did she say?” TaeHyung interrupted as he shut the room door behind him and pulled a mattress from the stack, flipping it on the floor. Letting out a relieved sigh, he sat on the mattress with a thud. Stretching out, he grabbed his phone that he left beside JungKook’s bed as he waited for Jimin to reply.

 

“I just texted her. She hasn’t replied yet. Do you think that she is sleeping already?”

TaeHyung rolled his eyes jokingly. “It’s only 10:30 pm. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter