-46-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun rose beyond the horizon and before they knew it, the weekend passed by like a breeze. The boys had spent the weekend going around and about their usual routine whereas Jimin, TaeHyung and Jin took turns taking care of the sick HaYeon and HwanHee amidst their part-time work schedule.

 

“Hey! I helped too!” NamJoon exclaimed as Jin announced happily that HaYeon was no longer down with an infection but warned them to keep an eye on their conditions still.

Jimin heaved a sigh of relief and TaeHyung smiled, turning to NamJoon, “Hyung, it was just for that one hour and you almost burned down the house while trying to use the stove for the first time.”

NamJoon snapped his fingers victoriously and pointed at TaeHyung. “See, the keyword is ALMOST. I ALMOST did, but I didn’t.”

Jimin laughed and added on as he adjusted his uniform, “Yeah, he also ALMOST dropped HwanHee, but he didn’t.

“And he ALMOST bought condoms instead of cough drops too.” Jin said mockingly, nudging NamJoon as he exited the room, “thankfully, he didn’t.”

NamJoon threw his hands up in the air, annoyed, “all you ungrateful idiots. At least I tried!” He said, heading for the door knob and turning it. Before anyone knew, a loud crack came and the knob came off in NamJoon’s hand, detached from the door. All the boys laughed hysterically as they shooed him out of the room before he TRIED to cause any more damage.

 

HaYeon just laughed as she pulled the blanket off her body and stepped down from the bed.

 

“What are you doing?” TaeHyung asked, puzzled.

 

“Getting ready for school.” HaYeon said, as-a-matter-of-fact, as she searched through her bag for her one and only uniform she managed to take out of her house. “I’m feeling better so I had better go for classes before the school calls my dad.” She laughed as she dusted her uniform straight.

 

Jin leaned by the side of the door and watched at the boys tried to convince HaYeon to stay home to rest. “I’ll take care of HwanHee since I have the day off, so you can go to school.” He said, understandingly, despite her face looking a little less vibrant than healthy but he knew she would be fine. It would be better if she had gone too.

 

“Fine.” The boys finally gave in, “But hurry up or you are gonna have to run again. We don’t exactly enjoy hurling you over the wall.”

“You did what?!” Jin exclaimed in disbelief but the boys quickly pursed their lips together and left the room behind HaYeon, avoiding Jin at all cost.

Jin rolled his eyes, “Stupid boys.”  

 

 

“Are you sure you are alright?” TaeHyung asked again and again as they walked HaYeon to class. For once, they were early enough to be able to stroll to their class without having to sneak or run after Jin chased them out of the house as soon as HaYeon came out of the washroom. HaYeon nodded her head and gripped her bag tighter to her. For some reason, the closer she got to class, the more nervous she got. Up from the time they stepped into school that morning, HaYeon had been trying her best to avoid all the hurtful stares she received for her wounds and for, well, perhaps coming to school with those boys.

 

But as she approached her class, she knew those were stares and looks she had to deal with for the whole day in close proximity. She took a deep breath and looked at the boys. “Do my wounds look very obvious?” She asked, unsure, but TaeHyung just shrugged it off like it was nothing.

 

“Yah... You look like a tough girl with all those cuts and bruises. Totally strong, please don’t bully me.” Jimin tried to joke, lightening up her mood.

 

HaYeon laughed, “Delinquent you mean.”

 

“Have you seen ours?” TaeHyung comforted as he pointed to the scars on his face, “Well the best way to go about it is to wear your wounds with pride. We’re not delinquents.” He said in an extremely serious tone before his face broke into a cute smile, both Jimin and himself striking a very girly model pose in the middle of the hallway, “We are trendsetters. No one speaks fashion like us.” He joked before his face fell straight again and shoved HaYeon into class. “We’ll see you after school.”

 

HaYeon entered class laughing as she shook her head at disbelief. The boys she though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter