-17-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Blue or black?” Jimin questioned out loud to a groaning TaeHyung beside him.

“Blue.”

“But black is easier to match with my clothes.” Jimin whined as he held both pairs in his hands, undecided.

TaeHyung crossed his arms. “Get black then. Easy.”

But even then, Jimin refused to let go of either. “But blue looks good too. It’s more unique than black.”

This time TaeHyung rolled his eyes. “You are worse than a girl,” he complained as he walked towards Jimin, pulling the black shoe out of his hand and placing it back on the rack, “Get blue, everyone has black. Now go pay, I want to get lunch.” And without a second for extra thoughts, he pushed Jimin towards the counter and asked for a new pair.

 

 

Jimin swung the bag as he walked happily towards a small store in the corner of the mall along with TaeHyung, excited that he finally got a new pair of shoes. TaeHyung glanced at his friend and a small smile appeared on his face. He knew how happy Jimin was that he FINALLY got his new shoes after so long and he was glad for him too. Settling down on a chair near the entrance of the store, they quickly ordered some food which was served in a blink of an eye. “I’ll treat.” TaeHyung offered as he picked up his chopsticks and began digging in.

Jimin cheered slightly as he picked up his utensils ready to eat as well when a familiar figure stopped in front of the store for a moment before turning to leaving.

“Yah Ha Yeon!” Jimin called out as he waved his hands to gain her attention. Upon hearing her name, TaeHyung too turned around to see a surprised HaYeon waving at them in glee.

“What are you guys doing here?” She asked as she walked towards them, a white paper bag in her hand.

Jimin pointed to the bag resting below the table as smiled. “I came to get my new shoes! This guy followed me here because he did not have to work today.”

HaYeon nodded knowingly, her eyes disappearing in a smile. “Alright, you guys enjoy your lunch then! I’ll get going!” She announced and was about to leave when Jimin called her back.

“Have you had your lunch?”

HaYeon shook her head.

“Then sit down and eat with us! TaeHyung is buying US lunch!” Jimin called as he signalled HaYeon to take a seat beside TaeHyung. She shot TaeHyung an uncertain look and quickly declined, saying that it would be rude of her to intrude.

Just as she turned to leave, TaeHyung finally spoke. “You look skinny I don’t think you would eat a lot as well so I don’t mind buying you lunch.” He teased, but his face remaining straight.

HaYeon hesitated for a moment before giving in and taking a seat beside him. “Alright…”

 

After ordering her food, the boys placed their chopsticks down and waited for HaYeon’s food to arrive so that they could continue eating together.

“So what did you buy?” Jimin started as he pointed to the bag beside HaYeon. She just cleared and placed the bag under the table.

“Nothing much. Just some necessities.” She shrugged, trying to act like it was nothing.

Jimin just smiled in return, “do you wanna take a look at my shoes?” Without even waiting for a reply, he quickly grabbed the bag from under the table and pulled it out.

“JIMIN!” HaYeon suddenly shrieked as she extended her hands out in panic. “That’s my bag…” Jimin looked at her wide eyed before realizing that he had gotten the wrong bag. Without even looking inside, he quickly apologized and took out the correct bag, slightly embarrassed.

 

“That was some defence you had there HaYeon,” he teased, referring to her reaction before.

“You… did not look inside did you?” HaYeon carefully phrased, trying to sound as calm as possible.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter