-42-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TaeHyung slipped out of the room when morning came, thinking that HaYeon was still asleep. He carefully drew the curtains closer, making sure that the sun ray was not getting to HaYeon and HwanHee so that they could sleep a little while more.

 

The boys outside shuffled between the kitchen, washroom and living room. Like a robot, TaeHyung joined the group and moved around the house doing his usual morning routine.

“How is she?” Jin asked, leaning against the sink in the kitchen. TaeHyung walked beside him, pouring himself a glass of water and downed the whole thing in a breath.

“She fell asleep after a while. Probably cried the whole night.” He recited, still tired.

Jin nodded knowingly and gave TaeHyung a pat on his shoulder. “Do you like HaYeon?” He asked out of the blue in a cheery voice, causing TaeHyung to choke slightly on his second glass of water that morning to fill his hungry stomach. He quickly cleared up and avoided Jin’s question. “Do you like her?” Jin asked again, seeing how TaeHyung tried to ignore him. When he received no response again, he sighed and prompted in a serious tone this time. “TaeHyung, how well do you know HaYeon? Do you know who she is?”

 

Taken aback by Jin’s sudden serious tone, TaeHyung set his cup down in the sink and washed it up, unable to answer him. But before Jin could elaborate further, the sound of a baby crying came from the room and without a second to waste, the boys turned to face the door which JiMin had just entered, silently praying that HwanHee’s crying was all they are going to get. Lucky for them, JiMin emerged from the room with HwanHee in his arms wailing as he shut the door behind him.

 

Leaving Jin behind in the kitchen, TaeHyung then went out to join his friend as Jimin attempted to soothe the crying child. “HaYeon is still sleeping,” Jimin informed TaeHyung as though knowing what he was going to ask. TaeHyung nodded knowingly and let out a heave of relief.

 

Huddling behind Jimin who was sauntering around the room with HwanHee in his arms, TaeHyung made silly faces at HwanHee hoping to make her stop. When Jimin abruptly turned around to face a TaeHyung who was in the midst of a silly expression, he burst out laughing. TaeHyung immediately wore his straight face again and looked away, embarrassed.

 

“Yah! That was scary, no wonder she would not stop crying!” Jimin cheered between laughs. “YoonGi hyung!” Jimin then proceeded to call out to the boy approaching them, “You should have seen TaeHyung trying to make HwanHee stop crying! You’ve just missed a highlight!” He laughed.

To TaeHyung’s dismay, NamJoon and HoSeok emerged from the corner they were sitting at with their phones in their hands all these while. “Don’t worry, we filmed it!” They chorused, extremely amused by their friend’s actions. Then, they continued on to show it to everyone else in the room. TaeHyung hung his head low and stepped aside, unable to look his friends in the eyes to their amusement. “Just give me HwanHee,” he rolled his eyes as he took HwanHee out of Jimin’s arms, who by then, was too busy laughing at his friend’s transformation to even coax the baby. Separating themselves from the group, TaeHyung tried to recall what HaYeon told him about holding HwanHee to his chest and gave it a try. After minutes of rocking her while lying on his chest, the baby finally stopped and opened her big eyes in curiosity, although tears still threatening to fall out.

 

“Do you think she could be hungry?” Jin questioned as he placed a hand on HwanHee’s back, rubbing it up and down. “Or needs a diaper change?” He suggested as his nose twitched with an unpleasant smell infiltrating as he went closer to the two.

TaeHyung’s eyes widen and his face could be seen getting slightly pale. He had no idea what Jin was talking about. Well he had an idea, he just didn’t know what he should do. “Check.” TaeHyung said to Jin almost immediately as he held the baby towards Jin, pressing her bum to Jin’s face.

On instinct, Jin turned his head away and threatened to beat TaeHyung up for doing that as the boys laughed. “YOU CHECK IT YOURSELF!” He roared as he took over HwanHee and in turn, chased after TaeHyung, trying to make him ‘check’ as well.

“Okay okay!” TaeHyung pleaded as he dodged behind his friends, his eyes b with tears from laughing too much at the commotion, “I get it, she pooped! Let’s just change her! STOP!!!!! Yah! Aren’t you being a little too careless with the baby?!”

 

“Yah?! YAH?! Did he just ‘YAH?!’ me?! That brat’s gonna die.”

 

 

TaeHyung wiped his face with his sleeve and stared hard at Jin who seemed victorious. “It stinks.” TaeHyung commented as Jin placed HwanHee down on one of the mattresses and the boys crowded around.

Jin shrugged with a smug face, “Well then I guess you were right, she did poop. Now get the bag.”

Immediately, Jimin reached for the bag lying in the corner of the living room. ping the bag, he rummaged through the speedily gathered mess to find just two diapers stuffed into a corner of the bag along with an almost-done packet of wet wipes. He pulled it out and threw it to Jin who received it without fail.

Uncertainly, he laid out the items beside HwanHee and made eye contact with the rest of the boys. “Alright guys, take out your phones, it’s time to check the internet.”

 

 

“Take it off. Just tear it.” NamJoon relayed in his own words as he read from his phone a tutorial on changing diapers. “Just tear it!”

Jin nodded and reached out to remove her diaper, revealing what they did not want to see. Their noses scrunched up as Jin made way for the rest, dirty diaper in his hands and wearing a questioning look. “Wow this tiny thing sure poops like an adult. What next?”

“Wipe it.”

“You do it.”

“Just wipe it like it’s your own !” NamJoon exclaimed in frustration.

 

With that, HoSeok pulled out a wet wipe and without a word passed it to TaeHyung sitting beside him who reluctantly accepted it. Taking her legs up, he wiped it down with much difficulty as HoSeok continued to supply him with wet wipes. On the side were YoonGi and Jin trying to wrap the soiled diaper up in a feasible manner without getting any of it on themselves or the floor while JungKook and Jimin watched on. Finally for the first time, a giggle came from HwanHee. “Did you hear that?” TaeHyung announced excitedly along with Jimin who whipped out his phone instantly to record the glorious moment. “I’m her favorite now. All those cleaning was worth it.” TaeHyung teased.

“Yah move aside, I’m going to clean her now.” Jimin argued childishly as he attempted to push TaeHyung away. “I want to be her favorite,” but to no avail.

TaeHyung quickly proceeded to do as NamJoon told him to and after a good 15 minutes ordeal, the child was clean but the boys exhausted.

“I can’t believe it took 7 boys to clean her.” YoonGi sighed but laughed along.

 

“I think we should feed her.” Jin then stood up to check the bag for any formula milk he could feed her. Taking the packet of formula he found, he passed it to Jimin, who tried figuring out how much water they should add, while he continued to search through for a bottle they could feed her with.

“Guys, do you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter