-56-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He fidgeted in his seat, constantly looking to the wristwatch on his arm. Letting out a deep breath, he ruffled his hair in frustration over how slowly time seemed to be passing. Tapping his foot lightly, he flipped through the one and only book he had mindlessly before looking back at his watch again, much to his dismay that not even a minute had passed since he last did so.

Jimin leaned closer to TaeHyung when the teacher had his back turned, amused by his friend’s antics. Shooting him a curious look, TaeHyung just shrugged and pretended like it was nothing. Taking it, Jimin just pursed his lips and continued reading his comic book from under the table, while TaeHyung continued with his routine.

 

Finally, after a long time, the bell rang and TaeHyung’s face lit up with relief that shone from within. He gladly swept all his belongings on the table into his old backpack and stood up, ready to leave even before the teacher stepped out. Meticulously adjusting his uniform and hair, he smacked JImin awake, informing him that he won’t be going home with him that day. And even before Jimin had a chance to get his senses back, TaeHyung slow jogged out of the class, masking the excited look on his face as he squeezed through the crowd.

 

Waiting near the field at the heart of the school, TaeHyung jumped lightly in place, trying to fight the cold. From afar, the familiar girl approached him with light steps as she tugged on the hem of her skirt and lightly pushed the hair out of her face that became unkempt with the wind. “Sorry, I was held back in a class that went overtime. Did you wait for long?” HaYeon apologized as she met up with TaeHyung. He shook his head and pointed towards the gate, gesturing for them to go.

However, a few men in the distance caught his eye. Although dressed in casual clothes, he could easily recognize the men he was familiar with, with their heavily scarred faces and limbs. Worried that they might be here to look for HaYeon again, he casually led her away from the front gate by the elbow and suggested for them to leave through the back gate instead, saying that it was more convenient for them. Sneaking a glance in the direction of the front gate, HaYeon immediately avoided eye contact with the same men she very much did not want to run into and agreed as well. Heading for the back gate, the two quickly avoided the men and rushed towards the bus stop before anyone caught on.

 

 

The mall was gradually filled with people as the day comes to an end. HaYeon stuck closer to TaeHyung as he casually strolled slightly behind her to block off the crowd of people from bumping into her. Holding the bag that contained the new coat he bought, he wandered around the mall aimlessly, with an equally confused HaYeon.

“So… where are we going now? Now that you’ve bought JungKook’s coat, we… should be going back?” HaYeon finally asked as the two walked around the mall in circles silently. Although she wore a poker face, a part of her heart leaned towards staying with the boy for a little longer. A huge part of her, as a matter of fact.

TaeHyung looked at her awkwardly as he stuffed his free hand into his pocket and cleared his throat, desperately trying to come up with something. “Erm yeah we probably should get goi-… Oh! It’s dinner time, you must be hungry! Let’s get some food.” TaeHyung announced as he pushed HaYeon gently towards a cafe tucked away in a corner without giving her time to reject him. “I’ve passed by this place a couple of times in the past with Jimin, you might like the food here.” He explained as they joined the queue, his lips to prevent a smile from forming because of that extra time he gets to spend with her. “There’s a queue, are you alright with that?” His heart raced with thankfulness for an even longer time together because of that.

Slightly puzzled, HaYeon eyed the queue in front of them, expecting to wait at least 20 minutes just to get a seat. But her face broke into a smile as she noticed TaeHyung sneaking glances at her as he said so. She agreed, secretly grateful for the long queue that had formed before them so that she could spend more time with him as well. Casually starting a conversation, they talked about everything that they saw until it was their turn.

 

Pulling out her chair for her and then handing her the menu, TaeHyung settled himself on the seat opposite of hers before ordering their food. “Cream pasta?” TaeHyung asked casually as he scanned the menu, even before HaYeon had time to locate her favorite food in the list.

HaYeon looked at him, slightly queer, but nonetheless nodding her head in surprise that he remembered her favorite food. TaeHyung just smiled at her in response and placed their order. “One cream pasta, without onions. And a small chicken pizza.”

HaYeon paused in surprise for the second time that evening. “H-How did you know I don’t like to have onions in my pasta?”

TaeHyung just shrugged nonchalantly but leaned in closer, a cheeky smile that rarely surfaces brightens his face. “Because I look at you all the time.”

 

His unexpected confession caught her off-guard as she watched the boy hide his shy, victorious smile that seemed to even surprise himself. She quickly turned away and pretended to be observing her vicinity, but her lips refused to relax from the upward curve. Her heart palpitated at a faster rate, something she hadn’t felt in a while.

“Eat up,” TaeHyung snapped her out of her thought with a smile on his face, “I’ll take you home later.”

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you went out with HaYeon without me!” Jimin whined as he stomped about the house, on the verge of throwing a fit. “Hyung!” He turned and went to NamJoon desperately, “TaeHyung has changed! That bastard values a girl more than he values us!” He fake-cried exaggeratedly as TaeHyung smacked him on the head.

“Yah! I just ran into her on my way to the mall.” He tried to explain, but his mischievous smile meant to provoke Jimin gave it all away.

Jimin scoffed as he looked at TaeHyung in utter disbelief, who was by then, already headed for the room without a care for the commotion, “Hyung! Look at him!”

 

“Do you like it? It’s nice and thick. Winter is coming soon so you should wear this often alright?” TaeHyung started his monologue as JungKook stared at him again. “Do you like the color? HaYeon chose it. Anyway, I confessed to HaYeon. I told her that I like her, of course she did not give me a reply but maybe she will in the future.” He continued rambling on mindlessly as he always does around Jungkook. As though is guard was down and he was just Jeon TaeHyung. Running his hand through his hair, he quickly covered his mouth and tried to mask the smile that had formed from his earlier confession, nonetheless worry taking over as he contemplated if he should even bring up the next issue on his mind, “um… Jungkook uh, you know, the medications you are on, I couldn’t get any this month. “He simply said, as though subtly begging JungKook to not have any emotional outbreaks for the coming month.

“But it’s nothing, you won’t need them anyway, right? Go to sleep.” He quickly concluded as he hastily tucked Jungkook under his blanket, wearing his new coat. “Aigoo, it’s nice and warm now. Sleep well.”

Then leaning against the side of JungKook’s bed as he wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter