-32-

Reality of Reversi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of alcohol filled her nose, so strong it was almost like she could taste it, as an intense wave of anxiety and nausea took over her. Almost losing her footing, she tried her best to remain her composure as drunk people that reminds her so much of her father strode past her clumsily, threatening to crash into her any minute.

The walk down the street was immensely stressful for HaYeon, as TaeHyung could tell. HaYeon would creep by timidly next to TaeHyung as comfortably close to him as possible as she tugged on the hem of his oversized hoodie hanging on her body nervously.

TaeHyung walked beside her stiffly, wanting very much to put an arm around her and shield her from all these, but at the same time, wanting to give her space to get through it herself. Besides, he didn't know how she would be like if he were to have any form of physical contact with her.

 

The rain started pouring without warning. Calmly, he ushered HaYeon from behind quickly as he raised both hands over her head and tried to shelter her from the rain with the back of his palms.

 

Finally, they arrived at the alley TaeHyung was most familiar with that broke off from the main road. Allowing her to walk in front of him, HaYeon shuffled down the quiet alley warily, her footsteps slowing down as she basked in the suspicious silence, constantly checking to see that TaeHyung was behind her. As they approached a rusty metal door, dimly lit at the end of the alley, faint laughter and shouts could be heard coming from inside, echoing through the deserted alley.

 

"We're here." TaeHyung announced in a soft tone and for the first time that night, he rushed to walk before her, reaching for the door. "Erm... It's really nothing much, in fact nothing at all compared to what you have. I … hope you don't mind." He said almost whispering with inferiority while fiddling with the key hole as he usually does.

The door creaked open and before it was even fully opened a blunt exclamation came from inside, "YAH! Close the door quick! It's cold!" He hurriedly rushed HaYeon in to escape the cold rain that had by then, drenched them both, before he hopped in himself, glad that he was finally… finally home.

 

 

The tiny living room fell silent as HaYeon set foot into the house, apologetic for wetting the floor. The boys stood frozen in their position; some were drinking, some talking, some shouting for the door to be closed and one in particular elaborating on an agitating matter as seen from his exaggerated actions and expression.

 

"What in the world is happe-- Oh hi TaeHyung!" Jin exclaimed evidently shocked at the frozen scene, walking out of the kitchen, as TaeHyung appeared from behind HaYeon. Quickly, Jin then put his cup down and scampered into the bedroom.

 

"Your... friend?" YoonGi questioned, an unbelieving smile spreading across his face.

 

Before TaeHyung even had a chance to explain, Jin came scurrying out of the room again with two fresh towels. He carelessly threw one at TaeHyung, not caring if the towel even reached him, but unfolded the other towel and gently placed it over HaYeon's shoulders. "You two should take a bath now. No wait, I don't mean together. I mean - You go first." Jin blabbered mindlessly before showing HaYeon the way to the washroom where Jimin had just stepped out of, looking extremely shocked at the whole situation.

 

"HaYeon?" He exclaimed, surprised that HaYeon was there as his shyly covered his bare upper body with his hands and towel as much as he could, making TaeHyung smile at his awkwardness in front of his first love.

Pulling Jimin out of the bathroom absent-mindedly, Jin quickly ushered HaYeon in. With his eyes, he then signalled to TaeHyung, who was standing shocked by the door at Jin's hospitality, for the room. As though getting his cue, TaeHyung leaped across the mass of boys crammed in the small living room for the bed room.

 

In less than a minute, TaeHyung made his way to the bathroom with his warmest set of clothes and handed it to HaYeon.

 

"Take your time."Jin finally said with a smile as he reached for a small button on the outside of the bathroom and switched it on. As he did so, a small red light that had not been seen lit in a long time appeared. “Turn the shower knob left, no wait, right, no… Guys was it left or right? I think it’s left, for the hot water.” He then shut the door behind her, allowing her to wash herself up.

 

 

"So..." YoonGi repeated again after Jin shut the door and silence once again engulfed the room, this time a smirk plastered on his pale skin as he tried to speak in crisp English "your friend?"

 

"Girlfriend?!" NamJoon added on excitedly, building off his friend’s effortful English attempt while supressing his laughter at his weird accent.

 

"Guys." TaeHyung and Jimin said in unison, rolling their eyes at the inappropriate show of emotion in that bewildering situation.  

 

"Tell me all about!" Namjoon and YoonGi continued without a know of how grave this situation could potentially be, as the boys continued to tease.

 

"What's her name?" Jin asked finally, after a moment of zoning out.

 

"Yoon Ha Yeon." TaeHyung answered with ease, although the sudden serious tone of Jin did get to him a little.

 

"Oh… Yoon Ha Yeon... So what happened?"

 

TaeHyung wrapped his arms around his body as he headed for the room to get himself a dry shirt while waiting. “Hyung, another day please, not today…” as he disappeared behind the door, his face troubled and obviously tired.

He was not sure himself, as a matter of fact, what had happened. If it was anything, he had just coincidentally bumped into her on the street and ended up caring for her for the past day. Well, Kai was involved before the whole situation but he was not sure if he had the energy to even talk about it now or if it was related at all.

 Quietly, he headed for the cupboard, leaving a trail of water following him, and pulled out a shirt. Walking closer to JungKook who sat on the bed staring blankly at his elder brother, he quickly pulled his wet shirt off his body and dried himself as quickly as he could. A smile spread across his face as he examined JungKook from head to toe. He had never been away from JungKook at such last minute before. In fact, for the past few years, he has never been away from JungKook for more than a day and even though he doesn’t say it and trusts that his friends had taken good care of him, he was worried sick. And he almost felt bad that his attention and care was diverted to someone else for an entire day.

It was like TaeHyung’s irrational fear: that if he did not see him for more than a day, JungKook would disappear and he would be left alone in this cold world; that he would come home one day to find that his brother wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter