The Future That Awaits Us

Remember me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! How are you? I hope i didn't bother your holiday! Merry Christmas!!! I hope you have a very joyful christmas this year! So sorry that I was away for months because y'know with all these college stuff around me and this writer's block that i can't avoid. Now i can finally continue this story... I'm so sorry that this is the end of the chapter. I don't have any plans to make this more long so i just will end this story here... Firstly, i wanna say thanks to whoever read this ff from the beginning and never gets tired or boring to read this boring FF, second and the last thank you so much to whoever waiting this FF to be updated (sorry for that) I know that my FF might not be the best, but yeah, i still improving and let me know what should i have to improve (Maybe my grammar and the storyline LOL). Feel free to comments!! Love you guys so so so so much <3

And btw, i wrote another FF that i haven't shared yet, i hope you guys want to try to read that too xoxoxo

here

 

“Dad you should let me drive” Said a woman that is sitting at the passenger seat.

Her dad was smiling at her, “Nope, honey I can’t let you drive. Not now”

She rolled her eyes, “But I already got my license! Didn’t you trust me?” She said sulkily.

“Honey that’s not what I meant. I trust you with all my heart. It’s just.. It’s only today you got your license. I just want to drive you for the last time before you can drive all by yourself and you’re no longer need me to drive you to anywhere”

She pouts. And ringtone of a cellphone echoing inside the car.

“Who is it dad?” She asked her dad.

He saw through the caller id and smiled cheek to cheek “Your mom” He said as he picks it up, “Hey honey. Yes we’re on our way”

The girl didn’t really paying attention to their conversation and took her phone instead. She thinks that’s so boring to listen to their lovey-dovey conversation on the phone. But suddenly she heard car’s horn that is so close to them. Her father yelled and suddenly everything blurred.

 

Victoria jerked up from her bed. She woke up from her bad dream. Her face sweats a lot, body trembling. She saw Nichkhun’s sleeping form and trying at her best to calm herself from bad dreaming that she had earlier.

“What was that dream all about?” She murmured.

“Vic what happened?” Nichkhun asked huskily. He must be awaken from his sleeps because of her heavily breathing.

She can’t endure her tears, she felt so embarrass as she hid her face with both palms.

Nichkhun brought himself close to her and held her tight in his embrace. He kissed the top of her head and calmed her. His effort seems to work well because Victoria slowly calmed and her breath getting back to normal.

“I had a bad dream. And this was the nth time already. And this one is a really really bad dream” She said.

He tilt her chin up to see her right in the eyes, “Are you sure it’s only a dream?” He asked that made her think all of her dreams weren’t make sense at all.

“What do you mean? Could it be my memories?”

Nichkhun nods, “It could be. Come to think of it. You have ever dreamt about me. You dreamed about our childhood memories, it happened before. and now? I don’t know what kind of dream you dreamed about but it could be your memories”

She kept shut at a moment.

“Then what I dreamed about just now was the day when the accident happened? I… I just can’t… If only I insisted to drive. Maybe this accident won’t happen” She said as tears streamed her face.

Nichkhun tightened his hug, “Hush, babe it’s not your fault. It happened. No one blame you for that” He said.

“I will make an appointment today so we can go to the doctor and ask about this matter. What do you say?” He continued.

She kissed his jaw and smiled. Feeling a lot better, “Yes, thank you so much Khun” She said.

Nichkhun caressed her hair and that touches of him brought her to sleep.

--

They both are in the Doctor’s room right now. He made an appointment this morning and fortunately they can meet the Doctor this evening. She looks around, the surrounding in this room recalls her memories. She’s been in this place before. With the same doctor, frankly to say she’s actually afraid but she hid it from Nichkhun.

“Good Evening, Mr. Horvejkul and Ms. Song. How are you?” She asked both of them whilst he shook their hands.

“We’re fine” He said and sitting on a chair in front of the Doctor.

“So, what happen Victoria? Last time I saw you, you looked so clueless but you refused to do a therapy. Now? Well you look so much better”

Victoria look at Nichkhun slightly, he smiled at her as if he told her it’s going to be fine.

She took a deep breath, “Well, let me start with dreams that turned out to be my memories that I didn’t remember. It was a good and a bad and really bad dreams that I had. It started with one dream and then it gets often. I don’t know should I be happy or worried about this?”

The doctor smiled at her, “Well, you suffered from an amnesia where you lost your long-term memories that means you can’t remember about your past memories at all. It’s really bad since you got what it called Post Traumatic Amnesia. Is a state of confusion or memory loss that occurs immediately following a traumatic brain injury. The injured person is disoriented and unable to remember events that occur after the injury. You’ve been a coma for weeks and that is not a good call. About those dreams, you might slowly regain your lost memories but just a little” She explained.

“Then, will I be able to recall it all and remember everything? Is that bad? I mean if I keep having those dreams?”

“Post-traumatic amnesia however, may be either short term, or longer lasting. In your case, it’s long lasting but is hardly ever permanent. When continuous memory returns, the person can usually function normally so I said to you, you are be able to regain your memories but it needed time. If you do therapy, you might get your memories shorter than it should be”

“Do you want to do it babe?” He asked her.

“I… I think it’d be better if I just wait till my memories regain itself since you said it was okay to having a dream that is actually my memory”

“Is that okay Doctor?” He asked the doctor as he is concern.

“It’s okay as long as she doesn’t feel pain but if you do, please come again”

Victoria nods, “Yes I will. Thank you”

 

After their session with the doctor, Victoria often keep silent and don’t talk much. Nichkhun realize it but he keeps quiet too. Maybe she just need time for this. This must be hard for her, she’s suffering so much and he hates it when he can’t help her. He felt so heavy to see her hurt, trying to remember things even she said she’s okay but he knew that she’s not.

It’s a Saturday morning at his place. Today he didn’t go to work but not for Victoria. She has to check her shop since her shop getting popularity these days. She can tell because few celebrities had come to her shop last day. So Nichkhun volunteered himself to help her there. Especially when Nichkhun has become the face of the shop too because of his face and somehow spelled a cast to all of the customers so they liked him that much. Of course because of his angelic face and voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter