Chapter 7: Getting Closer

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun checked his pictures while drying his hair with a towel. He intensely made sure that the pictures are perfect. It’s actually not bad for a newbie photographer like him. Yoona looked adorable in all pictures. “Pretty perfect”, he unconsciously mumbled. Then, he took a look at the other pictures. It’s actually his picture. He remembered another photographer from the studio named Mike said that his posture is good enough to be a model. It really made him laughed out loud at that time. But, he tried to convince him by asking him to do some poses. Jonghyun did it nonchalantly, and abruptly Mike showed him his work.

Jonghyun looked at Mike’s work on his Macbook once again. He couldn’t stop smiling because it’s such a ridiculous idea. Him? A model? He never thought about it before and he had no interest to be a model. Well, many people say John Lee is handsome but never heard he’s good to be a model. That’s why, instead of feeling grateful, he felt embarrassed to be said like that. Jonghyun wanted to log out his computer when suddenly someone was knocking his door.

Jonghyun moved his body and opened the door. He was a bit surprised looking who was knocking his door.

“Yoona?”

Yoona panted, “are you ok?”. She held his arms, looking afraid and panic. She explained something in a rush so he couldn’t understand what she is talking about. Jonghyun sighed.

“Ok, stop. Come on in”, he asked her to enter his room. Yoona directly sat on his bed, wanting to tell about the freak immediately.  Jonghyun took a glass and filled it with water, offering it to her. Yoona stared at him for awhile, accepting the glass. She drank it fast. Jonghyun observed her move carefully.

“What happened?”, he asked her while taking the glass from her. Yoona looked a bit calmer. She took out her phone from her pocket and opened the lock. Then she showed it to Jonghyun.

“Look. I told you he’s a dangerous person”, she said in panic. Jonghyun grabbed the phone and started to look at the message. It’s a bit threatening her of course. Jonghyun could see her reaction and the way that person sent her a message. Remove? He knew exactly what it meant. It meant removal, could be death. However, Jonghyun didn’t want to tell the meaning. It shocked her; he could see that. He looked at her whose face was blank.

“It’s not that serious. Don’t worry”

Instead of giving him relieving look, Yoona gave him a glare. Don’t worry? He must be kidding! She thought.

Jonghyun realized that she didn’t like his statement. “Why?”

“You think it’s funny?”, she suddenly felt betrayed.

“Are you on your period?”

Yoona folded her arms, pouting .

“I didn’t think it’s funny. I said it’s not that serious”, he said it firmly. Yoona closed her face with her palm. She’s actually afraid and over worried, and she almost cried knowing that there is a freak that would follow her everywhere. Looking at her gesture, Jonghyun tried to sit beside her. He reached her hands, releasing her beautiful face. “Look. Maybe s/he just wanted to snarl at you”

“Oh I really want to back to New York. It feels so strange here”, she said it softly, almost begging. As if Jonghyun was the one who did that to her. Jonghyun took a deep breath. “So, what’s the different? He also knew your house”

Yoona then realized it’s true. That freak already knew her home. She was trapped. She felt insecure.

“S-should I hire a bodyguard?”, she abruptly said that, making Jonghyun feel that it’s already too much.

“What?”

Yoona knew Jonghyun didn’t agree with her. But who the hell cares? Jonghyun was just the outsider. But what if…

Yoona pointed her finger, “you? Don’t say you’re that freak, right?” Yoona unconsciously moved her body back. Jonghyun was actually mad, accusing as the psycho abruptly. But, he knew Yoona felt insecure and pressured. She’s just not that extrovert.

“No, I’m not. You’re not my type, Roxanne”, he said calmly. Yoona’s taken a back, a bit surprised with his statement. “Besides, why should I do that? It doesn’t give me advantages”, he convinced her.  Yoona couldn’t say a thing. Jonghyun tried to get closer. This time she didn’t reject him. Her eyes were not focus, avoiding his gaze. Jonghyun suddenly pulled her body and gave her a hug. He wanted to comfort her and all he can do was giving her warm embrace. Once again, she didn’t reject his hug. She even hugged him back.

“What if he’s trying to hurt everyone around me?”, She asked. Jonghyun then knew what she’s worried about. He rubbed her back softly, “You’re just too worried”

Yoona released his hug, “I’m not! You don’t know how scary he is”

“This is not Korea, Im Yoona. You might be the rising star there but in US you’re a newcomer. You just started your career here as a model.  Your fans won’t hurt you here. No one will hurt you.”

“You don’t know they can be scary sometimes. My fanboy in Korea could be a spy or paparazzi”, and she told him many things that’s impossible. 

“Yoona, he’s just your secret admirer. For God’s sake!”

“But… he knows where the hell I am, he knows my house, phone number, etc. He knows everything about me as if I’m in his inner circle”, She’s about to cry. Jonghyun remained silent, letting her tell everything until she felt tired and sat on the bed again.

“You never dated anyone before, right?”, Jonghyun guessed. Yoona widened her eyes, feeling humiliated. But she couldn’t speak, BINGO! Jonghyun guessed it right. “Seriously? You’re Roxanne Im. A talented model and actress never dated anyone before?”, Jonghyun then widened his eyes. Yoona bit her lower lip, couldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter