The Consequences

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Some people long for a life that is simple and planned
Tied with a ribbon
Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land
To follow what's written
But I'd follow you to the great unknown
Off to a world we call our own” (Tightrope – Michelle Williams)

 

Yoona just took a bath when suddenly someone came to her room. It’s none other than Jonghyun. He went to her right after he opened the door. Yoona was standing in front of the mirror, wearing a simple bathrobe, corrected; It’s actually a big bathrobe because her belly is getting bigger. Jonghyun simply put his lips on her forehead. She smiled.

“You should consider Daniel oppa and Alicia eonni when you enter my room”, she . Jonghyun grinned while his hand was grabbing a hair dryer on Yoona’s hand. He carefully touched the hair, and Yoona enjoyed every single of it. Once it dried, Jonghyun made her sit. He kneeled down and reached her hands. Yoona felt strange.

“Look. Something happened”, Jonghyun said calmly. His face was so stern and his eyes looked so tense. Yoona tried to handle her breath. Since ran away from home, she always had a bad thought about what would happen to them. She held his hand tightly, “something happened? L-like w-what?”

He squeezed her hands, “seems like I will lose my job anytime soon”. And he smiled bitterly. Yoona couldn’t hold herself and hugged him tightly. Another hard time punched them in the face. She knew Jonghyun relied on his job so much. He left his banker life and came to photography and forced to go back because he had to. The life as a photographer made he thinks twice to be selfish. He had Yoona and wanted to be with her.

Jonghyun rubbed her back as she sighed. “I really didn’t mean to make it hard for you”, she said. Jonghyun released his hug and found her red nose. “Are you crying?”, he asked nonchalantly. Yoona tried to wipe her tears carefully. The situation made her sad, Jonghyun’s fate and luck also. It felt like universe didn’t support their effort.

Yoona sighed deeply, “It’s okay. It won’t change my heart for you even if you lose all your money” Don’t know whether it’s the sweetest words she ever said or not. But deep down he felt relieved. Yoona wasn’t a spoiled girl anymore.

“Don’t worry. At least I still own the studio, we can earn money from it” Jonghyun assured her and bitterly smiled. Yoona let herself smiled.

“When I decided to stay with you, I knew my family will chase you till the end. But I have my own world, I don’t want them control me like a kid anymore”

He squeezed her hand softly, “I saw Daniel met your mom yesterday, and he looked so annoyed”

Yoona took a grasp. She really wished Daniel didn’t tell anything.

“I guess we should ask him”, she said.

“I think the most important thing right now is I have to find a place for us. We cannot live here forever. Daniel has his own family”

Yoona nodded. She realized that Daniel also involved in their problem and it could be bad for his family too. Knowing that her family could do everything to achieve the goal, Yoona thought it’s better for them to move out.

***

It’s almost midnight, when he came home.

He took a look the corridor and living room but no life existed. Almost all room was dark. He realized that all the people were sleeping already.

He carefully opened the door, putting his shoes near the wardrobe. The room was indeed dark as he tried to put himself on the couch nearby. It’s a tough week for him, not for his daily routine but his relationship with his colleagues.

“You’re here?”

He heard someone with a soft voice said somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter