Chapter 5: Unpredictable

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun was coming late that day. He actually couldn’t sleep well since several weeks ago. After the incident in the café, Yoona couldn’t stop cursing herself as a “Ppabo”. He remembered how she embraced his waist in front of a guy. He believed that the guy had a relationship with her. Before she went home, Jonghyun was interrogating her why she did something like that. However, Yoona didn’t want to tell him her reason. Jonghyun tried hard to dig the info. Yoona didn’t sway.  He never met again after that. The photo session for Yoona was done, well the contract was still going on but for this month Yoona would appear once.

Jonghyun walked in the corridor, dragging his lazy to the office. Alicia called him actually. She, Joe, and several managers wanted to meet him. It felt like an evaluation for him. Damn! He never felt that nervous before.  He already knew that Alicia would scold him, especially when she found that Yoona’s outfit was him. She might think that it’s a disaster. It’s out of contract.

He opened the slide door in the meeting room and found several persons there. They looked so serious. He saw Joe was sitting in the corner, busy with his laptop. Some people from the marketing division were talking about something. Then, Alicia who was the only one waved her hand at him.

“Hi”, Jonghyun said, a bit awkward. He positioned himself sitting next to her.

“Hi”, she replied shortly. “We will start the meeting. Are you ready?”

Jonghyun took a breath, “Sure”

Then the discussion began. As expected, they judged the result. Jonghyun just remained silent, listening to all the compliments and complaints.

“Well, I really want to know why you use this outfit?”, a person from the marketing division asked, “You already knew that we have to use our sponsor’s product, right?”

Jonghyun just nodded his head. Alicia looked at him fiercely. Jonghyun explained the reason why he used the outfit for Yoona. However, not all the reason was the truth of course. Telling them that Yoona was drunk and slept at his apartment? He’d be doomed! So, he told them that because of their packed schedule and Roxanne Im had ruined it, he forced her to come on weekend and finished it quickly. Since the stylist wasn’t there, he decided to use the normal outfit. Joe was chuckled, imagining how hard for him to manage Roxanne Im, the spoiled model. They nodded their heads, signaling that they could accept his reason.

“Well, let’s see your photos”, Joe showed them his photos on the screen. “Honestly, I like it. You captured it on the right time. The lights also strengthened her face”, Joe added. Alicia gave him a smile.

“Overall, I like your pictures. Unless, the normal outfit”, Alicia said. Jonghyun felt a bit embarrassed. “You know we have a contract with the client. We had decided what product we want to show. If they know about this, it seems like we already break the contract”

CRAP! Jonghyun suddenly felt guilty. He tried to make good pictures but he didn’t think the consequences.

“I’ll talk with the marketing team, you can talk with Joe”, she said. Then, they discussed about it seriously. Jonghyun could see her expression became fierce. It reminded him when they talked at the coffee shop near the office. ! That’s why it’s so awkward. He then continued talking to Joe, mostly about the technique. Not long after that, they gathered again. Jonghyun tried to be calm, in fact his mind was restless.

“I was talking with them”, Alicia said. Joe and Jonghyun moved their attention. “Then?”

“They said you should use their product because its written on the contract. 4 outfits.”

Jonghyun sighed. His career would end here.

“But”, she continued. “Because the pictures were so good then they decided to use the last picture, too”

Jonghyun felt so relieved.

“But you should use the last product, they decided to use the last for the next photo shot. It will be added”, she explained it clearly. Jonghyun nodded his head. He’s saved, at least. He could continue his career there.

“I decided to give you the next project in Los Angeles adding the last product”, Alicia smiled, tapping his shoulder softly, signaling her support.

Jonghyun smiled wider, “OK! So who’s gonna be the model?”

“Roxanne Im”, Alicia said calmly.

CRAP! Not Again! He cursed.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter