Chapter 21: Like A Normal Couple

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It won’t be easy. Never. Something that Yoona just realized after leaving Seoul, she’d lose her contracts, including her ads and new drama and movie. She realized that her fans will leave her immediately, knowing that her idol left the entertainment industry (probably) for good. Luckily, the contract for the cosmetic ads was ended. However, the worst was come from her parents. Right after found out the test pack she threw in the dustbin, her mother imprisoned her at home. She cut her credit cards and said she will find Jonghyun. She was locked in her room for two days and luckily figured out the way to go out. Thanks to her maids actually. She brought some of her clothes and then went to bank, transferring her money to some accounts. It’s been tough as she remembered.

She sighed obliviously when remembering that moment. Jonghyun suddenly stopped checking his laptop.

“What’s wrong? Are you feeling not well?”, he asked her. Yoona, who just packed her clothes, looked at him. It’s their last day at the hotel anyway. “Nothing.”, she smiled. Jonghyun continued doing his work.

“Where will you stay after this?”, she broke the silence.

“We?”, he raised his eyebrow, “I’ll rent a unit of apartment nearby. My company supports me with some money”.

Yoona stopped folding her clothes. Her body moved approaching him. She stood beside him, looking at what he’s doing with his laptop. Jonghyun was too serious until he realized her already beside him. He tilted his head to see her. He then grabbed her hand and kissed it.

“You look different as a banker”, she said nonchalantly. Is it only me or Yoona becomes so sentimental? He thought.

He smiled willingly, “What’s the different?”

“Hmm… You look more serious and tensed, in a good way.”, she smiled. Jonghyun motioned her to sit beside him. She didn’t argue, putting her on the chair. She looked at his laptop once again. Something ran into her mind and Jonghyun knew it.

“Where will we go after Sydney, John?”, she said. Her eyes looked so blank. Jonghyun softly kissed her cheek.

“I don’t know. Probably Seoul.”, he smiled wryly, knowing that it wasn’t the answer she wanted to hear.

She sighed, “You know we cannot go there”. They remained silent. Well, honestly Jonghyun felt confused of their future destination. He really wanted to bring her wherever she wants to go, meanwhile he couldn’t leave his job. He has credibility and responsibility. It’s impossible to resign while he just came back not too long ago.

“You know I do it because of you, right?”

Yoona nodded her head. She never thought these adulthood problems can be so complicated. “When I decided to run away, I know I will lose my career, John”, she said it weakly. Jonghyun felt something slapped his face hard, so hard so he didn’t realize that he’s being selfish for not thinking about her feeling. “I might lose some contracts or they will sue me sooner or later. I just watched the news about me and it’s not good. They already know I run away from home.”, she paused her words as if something hard held her feeling, “Now all I can rely on is you”.

Jonghyun felt a big rock hit his head. He thought that being with her needs courage and he is brave enough to take the risks. He didn’t want her to feel it alone. “You know I’m not a rich guy, Roxy. I’m not the gorgeous Christian Grey. All you have to do is being adaptable with. You know I’ll do my best to make you happy. Just believe in me.”, he then kissed her lips lightly. She smiled.

“Have you checked your bank account yet?”

“Not yet. Why?”, he turned back his head to his laptop.

Yoona bit her lower lip, feeling doubt. “I transferred you some money”

Jonghyun glared at her automatically, “YOU WHAT?”

She felt anger in his tone, but she couldn’t be mad. She did it without telling him.

“I transferred you my money because I didn’t have any choice”, she explained to him in begging tone. She knew it hurt him so bad.

“You know I DON’T NEED YOUR MONEY”, he’s upset and Yoona tried so hard to hold her tears.

“I’m afraid my parents will grasp my money, MY OWN MONEY”, she emphasized the words. Jonghyun felt tension in the air. He thought sooner or later they will argue about this all night long.

“How much money?”, he said it coldly. Yoona looked at his eyes deeply. She just wanted to cry but she also felt angry. She did that for their safety. “350.000”

“Won?”

“Dollars”

Jonghyun widened his eyes. How the hell she knows my bank account? He thought. If he could curse her, he’d do it directly. But he couldn’t. He knew Yoona didn’t want to underestimate him. She just saved her own earnings. But it actually hurt his pride. Jonghyun unconsciously made a fist. Yoona felt rage through his eyes. Instead of throwing his tantrum in front of her, Jonghyun checked on his account. And that’s true. He found his money increased. Yoona stared at him, feeling afraid to say something. “Don’t be mad, please”, she dared herself to caress his cheeks. Jonghyun looked at her. Yoona still saw anger in his eyes, but she believed he knew what she’s trying to do.

Jonghyun touched her hands and put them down, making her hopeless. Instead of ignoring her, he gave her a deep kiss, very deep. She didn’t even realize that he carried her on to the bed. Jonghyun kissed her neck and , leaving marks on it. Yoona moaned softly.

“You know I can provide your life here, right? Promise me you won’t do that again”, he said. Yoona nodded her head swiftly, a bit panting. Jonghyun put the pillow behind her head and kissed her once again. “We’ll be leaving tomorrow. I will finish my job first and you have to sleep. Pregnant woman should sleep more like a Koala”, he teased and tickled her, making her giggled. He then left her on the bed. Leaving her eyes closed to the dreamland.

***

George Street, Sydney.

Leaving Four Season hotel in Sydney, they finally moved to an apartment unit nearby. Jonghyun chose the nearest and cleanest one to his office. Well, it’s not that near actually, but it at least was not too far. The unit is not as big as Yoona’s condo or her loft before, but it’s enough for them. They had one bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen is clean and the living room has enough space. The balcony also shows the city view of George Street. Yoona was luckily satisfied enough with his choice. At least, they can live there without anyone judging and bothering their business. Jonghyun was also quite impressed with Yoona’s reaction. He couldn’t believe that spoiled woman can live in such small apartment. She even didn’t mind to share wardrobe.

Yoona put her clothes into the wardrobe carefully. She divided the wardrobe into two part; left for Jonghyun and right for her. She actually used to it. After a week lived as normal people, she could feel happy, sad, bored, and disappointed at the same time. On weekdays, she liked to go to the market nearby. She wanted to continue her hobby in New York: cooking. She often bought some ingredients and cooked them in the kitchen. One day, she went to the market and found something strange. She felt like she being followed by someone. At first, it looked like a young woman in he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter