Myungsoo

Our Manager

 

Today you didn’t have anything planned, the music video was scheduled to be next week and your dad decided to cancel the interviews for an unknown reason. This left you and Teenfinite 3 days of rest.

 

You skipped downstairs and into the kitchen while swinging your arms and humming a melody, Sungyeol was in the living room watching tv. He watched you in amusement.

 

You opened a cupboard and took out a box of cereal and poured that into a bowl, you put the cereal box aside and walked to the fridge to get milk, but there was none. “Huh? No milk” You pouted. You went back up stairs to grab a jacket and jogged back down to the front door. “Where are you going?” Sungyeol turned his head away from the tv and looked at you. “I’m gonna go buy some milk” You slipped on your shoes and left the house “Be safe” Sungyeol said to himself after he heard the door close and paid his attention back to the tv.

 

You slipped on your shoes and walked out the house closing the door behind you. Humming the same sweet melody, you walked along the path. You stared at the path ahead of you and found a stick “Ooh~” You ran over and picked it up. With that stick you dragged it along the fences, gates, bushes and trees which made different continuous taps replaying over and over. You weren’t watching where your feet went but you stepped in a dent in the footpath which made you trip. Luckily, someone quickly got hold of your waist and twisted you around so that you were facing upwards to them.

 

It was silent for a while when you realized how close yours and L’s faces were. You looked at him with shocked big eyes and L did the same, he cleared his throat and your eyes darted around the place. Without warning L let go of you and you fell to the ground. Landing on your bottom, you rubbed it and looked up at him “Am I really that heavy??” Carelessly he walked into the direction you were heading for so you walked behind him.

 

After a few minutes, L looked back and you stopped walking then looked up at him. “Tch” You rolled your eyes and walked around him. L shook his head and continued walking.

 

Puffing your cheeks, you walked into the convenience store and walked over into the Cold Drinks section. You ran your finger across the doors until you found milk. “Bingo~” Afterwards you walked into the aisle filled with candy bars and sweets. You grabbed a Cadbury bar, but someone else had a tighter grip on it, you looked up and L looked at you “I had this first” He shook his head tightening his lips together “Kim-Myung-Soo…” You whispered with daggers. From hearing that, L was shaken he loosened his grip and you pulled the chocolate bar out of his hands “Thought soo~” You smiled and walked towards the counter.

 

No one calls him Myungsoo. He hates it when he hears that name, he even hated his parents for giving him such a name, although there was nothing wrong with it. L just hated hearing himself being called that, there was just something he had against it. Even though he hated his parents, he also couldn’t forgive his them for leaving him at a young age. After leaving him, all they left behind was the name disgusted by L himself. He once said to himself, “If I ever hear someone call me that name, it’d be the end for them”.

 

Walking out of the store, you unwrapped the chocolate bar and thought to yourself –Myungsoo, how the hell did he get the name L? What’s wrong with Myungsoo?- You shrugged and continued to walk home.

 

You walked inside the house and went back to making yourself breakfast, seconds later L stormed inside the house, he slammed the front door close behind him and furiously walked into his room. Sungyeol and you looked at each other. You shrugged but Sungyeol had a different thought in mind –She didn’t do what I think she did, did she?- He got up from the couch and leaned over the kitchen bench across from you. He put both elbows on the bench and closed his hands together.

 

“So what happened?” He asked

“Iunno” You shrugged

“You didn’t call him anything did you?” He squinted his eyes

“I don’t think so” You tilted your head “Oh wait, I did call him by his former name. Wae? What’s wrong with that?”

“Tsk tsk tsk” Sungyeol shook his head and you looked at him with furrowed eyebrows

“What?”

“Never..Never call him by his former name. Just don’t”

“Does he really hate his own name that much?” You asked

“Well, it’s just that he has a really bad past with his parents, but whether you know about it or not, I don’t know myself why he doesn’t like his name, it’s best if you just call him L”

 

Sungyeol patted your head and sat back down on the couch. You looked at the door of L’s room and thought to yourself –Calling him Myungsoo was a really bad idea?-