Chapter 8

I'll Have The Last Laugh

Sehun got back to camp shortly after. Jongin was already outside his and Kyungsoo's cabin when Sehun spotted him. "Hi".

"Hey Sehun. Have fun?", Jongin smirked knowingly.

Sehun snorted, "Of course, tons of fun. There's nothing I love more than discussing business with old men".

"I can imagine how fun that was", he laughed, then added as an afterthought, "Oh, and when you see Kyungsoo, don't m-".

The cabin door opened and out walked a majestic blue haired figure. It took Sehun a moment to recognise Kyungsoo, the blue hair certainly threw him off, but the promise of murder in his eyes told him that this was none other than the Do Kyungsoo he knew.

Sehun's mouth parted in surprise, mildly fascinated by the way his hair glistened in the light, "Woah... Kyun-"

Jongin elbowed him in the side and shook his head frantically. Sehun whispered a complaint back at him to which Jongin only shook his head more.

"What?", Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, mouth in a firm line.

"Uh", he glanced at Jongin and noted the warning in his eyes, "I just wanted to say..."

Why is your hair blue?

"That I...", his eyes searched around for something to lie about until he spotted a child with a lollipop. Almost sighing in relief, his hand reached into his pocket and he pulled out the contents rapidly, "Brought you back some sweets".

Kyungsoo paused, looking at his hand suspiciously, "Sweets?"

Sehun nodded confidently and revealed the various sugar-filled treats in his hand, silently thanking his nanny for pressing them into his hand before he could refuse, 'something to keep you energised!'.

"Thank you", he said slowly, glancing at Sehun in confusion before taking the sweets.

"Something to keep you energised", Sehun recycled the words told to him.

Kyungsoo carefully put the sweets in his pocket before glancing at Jongin in confusion. Jongin pulled a face and shrugged.

Clearing his throat, Sehun walked ahead to the camp centre, Jongin almost sniggering behind him.

 

* * *

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin walked on ahead of him while Sehun dropped off his stuff at his cabin. When he got there, Baekhyun was already inside. He didn't look up at Sehun as he arrived and Sehun was unsure whether or not to greet him. Sehun said nothing. I wonder if the nose strip on the tap worked? I can't ask him... Maybe he knows why Kyungsoo's hair is blue. No, I don't want to ask him that either. I have to seem cool. Cool Oh Sehun, that's me.

A ringing phone solved his problems of greetings, and the cabin filled with noise.

"Hello?", Baekhyun swung his legs on the chair as he answered his phone.

"Oh, I see. I- yeah, okay, thanks, bye", he hung up.

That was a short phone call, Sehun thought to himself.

"That was the car company", Baekhyun explained, although Sehun hadn't questioned him, "They say it'll be a few more days before they can come out".

Sehun wasn't sure how to respond. On the one hand, this means he'll get to test out the rest of the things he had planned, and he wouldn't have to say goodbye to Baekhyun just yet, but on the other had that meant he had to live in constant fear that something would happen unexpectedly. Not a single good night's sleep. Possible humiliation. Weighing the pros and cons, Sehun couldn't come to a conclusion.

"I see", was all he said. Sehun glanced at Baekhyun's shirt and observed carefully for wet patches.

"Did you sleep well yesterday?", Baekhyun found himself asking Sehun.

Sehun hummed in affirmation, "I did. Waking up when I want to is nice. Was it nice having the bathroom all to yourself?".

Baekhyun nodded, "It was".

"Same for me. There's something pleasant about having hot water to shower in", Sehun raised an eyebrow and Baekhyun had to turn away to smile.

"Hot water is a must for showering. Just like functioning, normal taps that like gravity are a must for a sink".

Sehun clamped his lips together to keep from smiling, "You're right there. It's a good job that the bathroom here functions like a normal bathroom. No lack of hot water or deviant taps here".

"Of course, why would there be anything wrong with the bathroom here?".

"No idea".

 

* * *

 

Today's activity involved a lot of wandering around the camp, a treasure hunt of sorts. Sehun looked at his list of items to collect then looked at the amount of items he had collected. Just a few more things to collect:

  • A heart-shaped object.
  • Three autographs of various camp leaders, (not including Chanyeol).
  • A silver bucket.

And lastly:

  • A shoelace from a member of another team.

Sehun sighed and looked at his partner for help. A female camp member from another cabin. Team-mates were paired by lucky draw, not by cabins this time. The reason behind it - getting various camp members to bond with others.

"I can go trade shoelaces with my cabin-mate, and if I see any camp leaders on the way I can get their autograph", she observed the list once more and looked over the field at other teams searching for their objects.

"Alright, I'll look for the bucket and the heart-shaped object then. I'll keep an eye out for camp leaders too".

She nodded, "Let's meet back here in...", she looked at her watch and bit her lip, "Fifteen minutes?".

Sehun nodded. They wished each other luck and split up.

 

Finding a heart-shaped object was harder than Sehun thought it would be, he was half-tempted to find a leaf and shape it into a heart. Extra points for creativity perhaps?

He wandered around for several minutes, his search fruitless. He considered going back and starting his search again from the beginning.

It was at that moment that he spotted a rock on the floor around two metres away from him. Does that... is that heart shaped? As he stepped closer towards it, he noticed that Baekhyun and his partner were also walking in his direction. He sped up and reached the stone before either of them managed to reach it. It IS a heart! Sehun grinned and slipped the stone into his pocket. Baekhyun frowned at him, having seen the stone before Sehun had.

Sehun almost felt guilty but the finders keepers rule applied and he walked off without more than an apologetic glance towards Baekhyun.

All that I need now is a bucket.

Fifteen minutes had passed and Sehun still hadn't found a bucket. He returned to the meeting spot and handed over the stone he had found earlier.

"This is fine, so we just need two signatures and a bucket now?", she had traded shoelaces with her friend already and on her way had spotted another cabin leader. Sehun wondered how well the other teams were doing, and if any of them had finished yet.

Sehun nodded, "I haven't looked on the west side of the camp yet, but I doubt that there'll be any camp leaders there this time of day".

She nodded, "They're probably all out with their groups at the moment, we cou-", she spotted something over Sehun's shoulder, "Oh!".

Sehun turned around to see where she was pointing and spotted another team talking to what looked like a camp leader.

"I'll go get his autograph, you stay here!", she the items into Sehun's hands and ran off in the direction of the camp leader, her lace-less shoe threatening to fall off.

With nothing else to do, Sehun looked around from where he stood. Kyungsoo stood out from between the trees; a speck of blue in a field of green. Jongin was nowhere to be seen, presumably on the other side of camp. He did pity those two for being separated in this activity, but they would survive without each other for half an hour. In addition to that, the curious case of the blue haired Kyungsoo had been explained to him by Jongin as the camp leader explained this activity. Sehun did feel slightly guilty that Kyungsoo had blue hair as a result of his ongoing war with Baekhyun.

A glint of sunlight caught his eye, dazzling him. What's that? He wondered.

Looking over at his partner who was in the midst of getting at autograph, and the items in his hands, he slipped them into his pockets and jogged over to the shiny object.

As he approached it, he almost laughed in shock. What are the chances?

Sehun glanced at the bucket, the sun hitting the corner of the metallic object and almost blinding him. If not for the sun, he wouldn't have found it. A figure walked in the path of the sun and his eyes were spared. The gleaming surface then reflected and captured a picture that made Sehun's breath catch in his throat. Baekhyun stood there, looking up to the sky, the sun behind him and making him appear to glow. A golden aura that radiated from his skin. A jolt of jealously struck Sehun then, and at first he wasn't sure whether he was jealous of his presence that shone or of the people that were lucky enough to see him on a regular basis. He sided with the former.

It was as though Baekhyun knew his reflection was being ogled; he turned his head and looked at the bucket too, catching Sehun's gaze. His face screwed up and Sehun found his eyebrows furrowing in annoyance simultaneously. Baekhyun pulled another face and walked off, not saying a word.

Sehun picked up the empty bucket and placed the items inside of it, carrying it back to his team-mate.

 

By the time the activity had ended, they were still one signature short. Sehun glared at the '(not including Chanyeol)' note on the list and sighed. It appeared a few other teams had fallen short of their required items too.

Jongin's team were missing a pencil sharpener. Kyungsoo's team were missing a shoelace (Jongin's shoes didn't have laces) and Baekhyun's team was missing a heart shaped object. The stone burned in Sehun's hand.

A few teams had managed to collect everything they needed, crowning them the winners of this activity. Sehun was tempted to hand over the stone to Baekhyun. We've lost anyway, and this stone was nearly his as it is.

Just as he was about to suggest it, Baekhyun's team member gasped in surprise, "Wait! We have all of the items too!".

Chanyeol, as well as the rest of our group looked towards her. She reached up to her ears and removed her earring. A heart earring.

Chanyeol's eyebrows rose and he let out a booming laugh, "Well, you did have it with you so I can't say that it's outside of the rules".

Sehun's hand grasped the stone tighter, I wasn't going to give it to him anyway.

"Yoomi and Baekhyun's team are also winners! Sorry to all of you who didn't collect everything in time, but better luck with the next activity!", he grinned and beckoned everyone to follow him once more. A few members of the camp came over to collect up all of the items and return them to where they were originally. Luhan was one of these members.

 

"Hi Sehun", he greeted him with a smile.

Sehun smiled back at him then looked down at his hand, dropping the stone to the floor.

They conversed for a while and Sehun remained behind as the rest of his group went to go eat.

Luhan was about to pick up the bucket when Sehun stopped him, an idea occurring to him.

"Hey Luhan, can I borrow this?".

Luhan looked over at Sehun and looked confused, "The bucket?".

Sehun nodded.

"I- uh", he raised an eyebrow and looked at the bucket, "Well I'm not sure... nobody's asked to borrow a bucket before".

I suppose it is a strange request, Sehun reasoned, but that didn't stop him from throwing Luhan a childish smile, "I'll give it back tomorrow, promise?".

How could I say no to that smile? Luhan mentally sighed in adoration, "As long as you don't damage or lose it, you can bring it back to my cabin tomorrow morning".

Sehun grinned, "Thanks Luhan", he picked up the bucket and jogged off to his cabin, "Later Luhan!".

Luhan gave him a small wave and laughed quietly to himself, "Now he'll have to come visit me".

 

* * *

 

His camp leader, Chanyeol, was the only person to spot Sehun on his way back to the cabin with the bucket.

Of course, Sehun had to clue Kyungsoo in on his next move. He heartily approved, but Jongin wanted nothing to do with it. "I'm staying out of this whole thing", he raised his hands in dismissal.

"Staying out of it? What about what he did to me? Aren't you going to help me get revenge?", Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow accusingly.

Jongin looked at Smurfsoo Kyungsoo and sighed, "He intended that for Sehun, it wasn't a personal attack Soo".

"So you're saying you're on his side?".

"What? No, I'm just sayi-".

"Fine", Kyungsoo side-eyed him and returned to discussing future plans with Sehun.

Jongin observed Kyungsoo from the chair and almost felt sorry for Baekhyun. There was close to no stopping his boyfriend when he switches to Satansoo authority mode.

Sehun was already wary of Kyungsoo, but after hearing the violent thoughts inside his head, he made a note not to do anything to upset or annoy Kyungsoo ever again in the future.

 

* * *

 

Sehun made sure to hide the bucket under his bed and pretend to fall asleep before Baekhyun had walked in.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Steady. No twitching Sehun. His leg began to itch, demanding a scratch. This is horrible. Hurry up and go to sleep Baekhyun.

After what seemed like hours of torture for Sehun, Baekhyun was finally in bed, sleeping. Sehun gave it an extra ten minutes for safe measure.

He crept out of his bed and snuck over to Baekhyun's. The one in question had curled up into a ball, facing Sehun's bed. He must have suspected me of doing something, Sehun smiled in amusement.

Carefully, Sehun reached out to Baekhyun and grasped one of his hands, pulling his arm to dangle off of the bed. To his surprise, Baekhyun retracted his arm and pulled Sehun along with it. He was pulled in and once again was too close. Why are we always in this situation? Sehun breathed slowly and nervously. Please don't wake up. I don't know how I'd explain this one.

He stayed still for a moment, worried that Baekhyun would wake up. He could smell Baekhyun's soap, his strawberry shampoo and a mixture of pine an- what am I doing right now? Sehun pulled a face of disgust and pulled away from Baekhyun carelessly. Thankfully, he didn't wake up.

Once again, he pulled his hand over which resulted in Baekhyun flipping over on the bed. Sehun didn't care what position he was in, as long as his arm was reachable from floor.

Now the hard part.

Sehun gently walked back to his bed and slid the bucket of water over to Baekhyun's hand. Don't wake up don't wake up don't wake up. Sehun chanted, slowly placing Baekhyun's hand in the bucket of water. When his hand was submerged as much as it could be, Sehun took a step back towards his own bed and tried not to laugh.

Don't laugh, if you laugh and wake him up now...

Somehow, Sehun managed to repress his laughter and climbed back into bed.

 

 

__________________________________

Sehun shouldn't have done that... ;D

Also I'm sorry for not updating in so long (/.\) but thank you for sticking with this story!

As a thank you, this chapter's a little longer than usual ^^