Chapter 20

I'll Have The Last Laugh

The plan worked just as well as they thought it would. Mr Byun leapt at the chance to show off his son's smarts and Mr Oh thought Baekhyun could be a good influence.

And so the date is set. Sehun smiled to himself as he surveyed his own room. Not a date date. Like the number date. The calendar date. Nothing date-like about it, Oh Sehun.

He had to take a moment to collect his thoughts and when he had, he still couldn't drop the smile that forced his cheeks upwards. Why do I embarrass myself like this? He wondered.

Ignoring the excited butterflies that lived in his stomach, Sehun was pretty proud of his attempt at tidying up. Sure, he could have asked someone else to do it, but it was his own space and he wanted to keep it that way.

Excluding Baekhyun of course, he was allowed to intrude on the space for a day. And Jongin. Kyungsoo and Yixing too.

Not that they were invited.

Truth be told, Sehun had already gotten the tickets to see OXE a while ago. He was planning on dragging Jongin along for the ride, but Jongin was more than happy to relinquish his ticket and do something he actually enjoyed instead. Sehun made a mental note to thank him again later anyway.

Baekhyun had only been to one concert before. He wasn't sure if it counted as it was special event hosted at a nearby park, but there was a live band there and they'd amassed quite an audience. Would it be like that? He wondered. Sure, he'd seen videos of other concerts and he could picture himself in amongst the crowds, but surely it was different in real life?

He messaged his concerns and thoughts to Sehun, who now had his phone number too.

B: Do I need to bring anything? Like for the actual concert?

S: have you got a light stick? lolol

B: Uh... No. Do I need one?

S: absolutely, they won't let you in without one

B: Oh...TT

B: I guess I can't go then... Sorry Sehun. I'll go unpack my stuff. Talk later.

S: nonono wait no i was kidding

S: baekhyun???

S: don't unpack your stuff

S: i was kidding please don't unpack your stuff

S: i even tidied my room

S: [image.png]

S: look!!

S: it's so tidy!!

S: baekhyun i was kidding. come back

S: TT

 

Baekhyun's room filled with quiet laughter. If Sehun wanted to , he could do the same back. Hadn't Sehun learnt that he liked to retaliate by now?

 

S: [image.png]

 

The notification on Baekhyun's phone made him frown. Sehun had offered no readable context for the photo and he had no idea what it contained. He had planned on letting Sehun think he was unpacking for another minute, but his curiosity got the better of him. He clicked on the chat.

Sehun had sent a photo of himself in the middle of his tidy room, a sad puppy-dog expression on his face. Unwittingly, Baekhyun's lips curved up into a smile and he stared at the photo for longer than he should have.

 

S: you're back!!

S: i was only kidding please don't tell me you actually unpacked your bags

 

Baekhyun cast a glance over at his bags and wondered how committed he was to the joke.

Evidently, the answer was 'very' as he tipped out his neatly packed bags onto his bed and sent Sehun a photo of himself and said empty bags.

 

B: [image.png]

B: I actually unpacked my bags.

S: baekhyun!! why??

B: You know perfectly well why...

B: Just kidding! I knew you were joking.

B: [image.png]

 

Baekhyun had sent Sehun a photo of himself, a peace sign thrown up and an 'I'm an angel' smile on his lips. Sehun snorted in amusement, of course Baekhyun knew. On the plus side, he got a cute photo of Baekhyun out of the conversation so Sehun didn't feel like a complete loser.

Now that Sehun thought about a combination of bags and Baekhyun, he began to wonder why Baekhyun had spare clothes with him when his car supposedly broke down in the middle of nowhere. Where was he planning on going?

 

B: Did you really think I'd fall for that? I'm not that stupid.

S: it was worth a shot? does this mean you didn't actually unpack your bags????

 

Baekhyun looked over at the mess on his bed that'd he'd have to now re-pack. Maybe he was that stupid.

 

 

* * *

 

"Are you going to be sleeping together?", Sehun's nanny asked them as Baekhyun walked through the door.

Baekhyun eyes widened and he looked over at her in surprise, "Huh?".

Sehun shot him a glance and tried to compose himself, "I've brought the guest bed into my room so Baekhyun can have that".

She smiled gently, "Do you need me to help with anything or set anything else up?".

Sehun and Baekhyun both assured her that they'd manage by themselves and started making their way upstairs. Baekhyun complimented Sehun's house and Sehun awkwardly thanked him; he wasn't the one who designed it. Sehun was more focused on the fact that Baekhyun is round my house. Baekhyun is going to sleep  over. Baekhyun is going to be in my room.

Sleeping in the same room as him seemed a lot more exciting now than it did when they first met.

Unbeknownst to Sehun, Baekhyun had a similar thought pattern. I'm round Sehun's house. I'm going to be sleeping over. What if I say something weird in my sleep? Has he y trapped his house?

"I haven't y trapped my house, by the way", Sehun said as though he could somehow read his mind.

"I didn't think that you had", Baekhyun lied in between breaths. How many stairs were there?

Sehun glanced back at Baekhyun and grinned, "We can stop and take a break here if you're tired".

Baekhyun pressed on and walked past him, "Very funny. Why do you have so many stairs?".

Despite Baekhyun not being able to see him, Sehun shrugged, "We probably have the same amount of stairs as you do. I'm not sure why you're so out of breath".

"I don't often carry bags up stairs, Oh Sehun".

"Ah, my apologies. Do you get a butler to do that?".

Baekhyun snorted without amusement, "When do I ever go out that I need to take bags of clothes with me?".

Sehun thought back to the camp but didn't mention anything to Baekhyun.

After a few more stairs, they were there. Baekhyun prepared himself for the worst when Sehun opened his door, but he was pleasantly surprised. The photo Sehun had sent him of his tidied room hadn't displayed much of it, only the tidy floor. 

There were posters on the walls of bands and films that Sehun liked, an entire shelf dedicated to CDs and another to books. He even had a section for his Pokémon collection. Baekhyun had no idea Sehun liked so many different things. There were so many things he didn't know about him, and he found himself wanting to know everything. So this is how Sehun felt when he walked in my room eh?

"So, what do you think?", Sehun spread his arms wide and presented his room.

"It's got character".

Sehun observed Baekhyun's smile and was pleased to see it appeared genuine.

"It's actually quite tidy, I'm impressed. Did you get a butler to do that?".

Sehun laughed a genuine laugh, "Funnily enough, no. I tidied it all by myself".

"Wow. If I had any gold stars, I'd give one to you".

Sehun put his hand over his heart and bowed his head, "Thank you".

It was then that Baekhyun's attention was drawn to what looked like a jumper creeping out from underneath Sehun's bed.

Noticing his sudden concentration on something, Sehun followed his gaze and quickly kicked the offending jumper further under the bed.

"What? I didn't say I was great at tidying".

Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 


The chapter was too long so I split it in half! The next chapter will be uploaded next week and I had fun writing it so hopefully you have fun reading it? Thank you as always for reading and being patient!!

Also, I just noticed the amount of comments and I'm honestly so surprised. Thank you so much. I also realised that I haven't replied to all of the comments, so from now on I'll work on that. Usually I read them, fangirl and dance around the house a little, then completely forget to reply because I'm so happy someone took the time to comment. But like I said! I'll be working on that!!. Thank you so much for everything, even if you're a silent reader, thank you. I truly truly appreciate you all <3 <3 <3