Chapter 3

I'll Have The Last Laugh

Kim Jongin stared at the leaflet before him in confusion, "You want me to go to this?", he asked incredulously.

Kyungsoo gave an impish smile, "Why not? It'll be fun! Plus...", he pointed to the accommodation section on the leaflet, "We can be roommates".

"Roommates?", Jongin raised an eyebrow.

Kyungsoo wiggled both of his, earning a laugh from his boyfriend.

"Just tell me you'll think about it?".

"Alright", Jongin nodded, "I'll think about it".

There was a moment of silence before Kyungsoo tapped his feet impatiently, "Have you thought about it yet?".

Jongin looked at him and rolled his eyes in exasperation, nonetheless he still asked, "How long for?".

"Uhh", Kyungsoo looked at the ceiling in thought, "Two weeks?".

He mulled it over before finally sighing "I give in".

 

 Later, when they were in the midst of laying on the sofa watching a film, with Kyungsoo using Jongin's legs as a pillow, Jongin frowned, "What am I going to do about Sehun?".

Kyungsoo looked up at him and frowned, "What do you mean?".

"It was kind of an unspoken rule that I'd spend some of the time off with him", idly, Jongin's fingers worked their way through Kyungsoo's hair.

"Well", Kyungsoo stopped and closed his eyes, too absorbed in the sensation of his hair being touched.

"Other than me, and you and Yixing, he doesn't have any other friends", Jongin said; Yixing had gone on holiday a few days ago.

"That's because they all think he's a spoilt brat".

"But he's not".

Kyungsoo responded small smile.

"Not when you get to know him", Jongin amended.

"Well", Kyungsoo's eyes re-opened, "What do you suggest?".

Jongin opened his mouth to speak but Kyungsoo silenced him with a hand, "But, if you're going to suggest that he comes with us on our romantic getaway, I'll have to say no". He removed his hand, "Okay, speak".

Jongin kept silent.

 

* * *

 

"Attack from the left!", Sehun urged Kyungsoo, the day after Kyungsoo and Jongin had arranged their plans. The three of them were currently at Sehun's house, playing a game that Kyungsoo was losing at.

A 'GAME OVER' message appeared onscreen and Sehun sighed, "I told you to attack from the left".

"I did!", Kyungsoo insisted defensively.

"If you say so", Sehun nodded, "Hey, did you guys want to go to the shopping centre tomorrow? There are a few things I want to get".

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin and raised his eyebrows in expectation.

"Uh", Jongin began, "Actually Kyungsoo and I are going on a trip tomorrow".

Sehun's face expressed nothing, "Oh, okay. Are you going for long?".

"Two weeks".

"Cool, have fun", Sehun smiled and returned his eyes back to the screen.

Unbeknown to him, Jongin and Kyungsoo were having a silent conversation with their eyes. Eventually Kyungsoo threw his hands up in the air and gave in - making it appear that Jongin had persuaded him - when in actuality seeing Sehun's face made him feel guilty for denying the invitation in the first place.

"Do you want to come with us?", Jongin asked Sehun.

He looked surprised, "Why?".

"Because! It'll be more fun if you're there".

Sehun frowned, having known nothing about the trip other than both Jongin and Kyungsoo were going, he assumed it was a couple's trip, "I'm not comfortable with a ".

Kyungsoo, who was in mid-drink, spat out his water.

Jongin patted him on the back while he choked, "Ha ha, very funny. It's an activity camp", he raised his eyebrows in sarcastic joy.  'Save me', he mouthed while Kyungsoo settled his breathing.

Sehun withheld a chuckle and glanced at Jongin's boyfriend, "No, thanks for the offer but I don't want to be a third wheel".

Jongin frowned at him. Sehun caught the frown and smiled, "I'm sure you two will have plenty of fun without me".

Kyungsoo couldn't take it any more, he mistook Sehun's nonchalant face for one of sadness and dejection and burst out with, "Please come!".

All three of them looked surprised at Kyungsoo's outburst.

"You... want me to come?", Sehun's face showed confusion.

"Yeah. It won't be the same without you".

Sehun frowned and looked at the floor, "When are you leaving?".

Jongin smiled at his boyfriend in gratitude, "Tomorrow morning. Think you can get your stuff ready by then?".

"I guess", Sehun shrugged.

"We'll leave you to get started on that now then. See you tomorrow. We'll pick you up at... 7?".

Sehun nodded and waved them goodbye.

He smiled all the way up the stairs.

 

* * *

 

Sehun messaged Jongin twenty minutes later.

'You owe me'.

Jongin rolled his eyes and text back, 'Yeah yeah, sure. I'll treat you to a bubble tea'.

The reply was instant, 'Just the one?'.

"Ah, this kid, seriously. He can buy his own bubble tea".

'Fine, one a week for the entire month. Stop messaging me and pack your stuff.'

'Already doing that as we speak'

Jongin smiled.

 

* * *

 

6:45. Jongin checked the time and decided to call Sehun. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Hello?", Sehun's groggy voice reached him.

"Hey. Did I wake you up?".

"Yes", the lack of forgiveness in his voice made Jongin laugh.

"Good. You still coming with us today?".

"Uh, I guess, yeah", the sound of Sehun getting up could be heard through the receiver.

"You've asked and it's okay?".

"Yeah".

"And you've packed everything you need?".

"Yes, mum", Sehun rolled his eyes.

"Don't you take that tone with me", Jongin frowned.

 Jongin heard Sehun laughing and started laughing himself, "Alright, I'm hanging up now".

 

Sehun was five minutes behind on getting ready to leave, which surprised no one.

"You have your phone?".

"Yes".

"Call me if you need anything, okay?"

"Yes".

"Don't forget your promise! You'll attend all of the meets your parents want you to, okay?".

Sehun nodded, "I know, I got it".

His nanny, maid and chauffeur all in one gave him a hug, "Have fun!".

He stood there awkwardly and let himself be hugged, "I will".

She let go and he made his way to the car, after five steps he stopped and turned around, "Uh", he glanced at the floor, "If you need anything, you can call me too".

Her eyes wrinkled as she smiled, "I will".

Sehun nodded and got in the car.

"Ready for two whole weeks of FUN?", Jongin turned around in his seat and grinned at Sehun.

He rolled his eyes, "Sure".

 

_______________________________________________________

Many apologies for the boring chapter but here's some Sebaek gifs just because. (/-\)