Chapter 14

I'll Have The Last Laugh

"You can go get changed first", Baekhyun waved Sehun in the direction of the bathroom. He grabbed an armful of his own inside-out clothes and watched Sehun leave. I should really turn these clothes back in the right way at some point, Baekhyun stared down at the t-shirt in his hands.

Sehun got changed in record time, freeing up the bathroom for Baekhyun.

While he was in there getting changed, Sehun flicked on the TV and got comfortable on his bed. Chanyeol wasn't wrong, there were plenty of things on the TV. Unfortunately, most of them were crap. It was like the camp was forcing the members to go outside.

Baekhyun half expected Sehun to be gone by the time he emerged from the bathroom, but he wasn't. "You're still here", Baekhyun stated.

"And you're observant".

Baekhyun snorted, "Thanks for noticing".

"You're welcome. I'm just as observant as you are".

"I've noticed", Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow and sat down on his own bed.

Sehun ignored his comment and cursed the red that tinted his cheeks. It's not my fault you sometimes catch my eye.

Thankfully for Sehun, Baekhyun's attention was drawn to the TV. "What on earth are you watching?", Baekhyun grimaced.

"It's something to do with doctors".

Baekhyun held up a hand to block his view of the screen, "It's disgusting".

Sehun looked over at him, amused, "Are you not a fan of doctors? You seemed fine earlier".

"I'm not a fan of blood".

Sehun made a mental note to remember that.

"Can you please change the channel?".

Sehun picked up the remote and flicked it to a random channel, "Better?".

Baekhyun peeked out from behind his hand tentatively, "Better", he lowered his hand, "What is this?".

"Not a clue".

They sat there, watching a pair on TV teach the viewers the different types of knitting stitches, which types of yarn are best for which types of projects, and their favourite methods to use.

Sehun didn't have anything against knitting, he found it kind of interesting really. Something that started as a string of wool could be turned into a shirt, it's pretty interesting... but the show that they were watching right now made knitting seem to be the most boring thing in the world. The show was so slow, it could have put Sehun to sleep if he closed his eyes. But he wouldn't. Because Baekhyun was as bored from the show as he was.

It was a battle of wills, who would crack first?

Sehun's fingers twitched in the direction of the remote but stopped himself before he reached it. Baekhyun let out a sigh of agitation, his eyes flicking to the remote every now any then. I could just reach out and grab it. I could change the channel. I could-

Sehun shifted uncomfortably on his bed and reminded Baekhyun of the reason he didn't reach out and change the channel straight away.

That's right, I can't lose to Sehun.

They don't know how much time passed, the minutes seemed like hours. Eventually Baekhyun couldn't take it any more, he jumped off of his bed, grabbed the remote and changed the channel.

Sehun breathed out the biggest sigh of relief. "Honestly, I'm not even going to brag that I won. I'm just glad it stopped".

Baekhyun fell back on his bed with relief, "Me too". As Baekhyun flicked through the channels, Sehun noticed a show he enjoyed watching.

"Hey! Put that on!", but Baekhyun ignored him.

"Hey!", Sehun complained.

Baekhyun didn't take his eyes from the screen, "If you wanted to choose what to watch, you should have picked up the remote. Who's the real loser here?".

Sehun crossed his arms in defeat and watched the channels change.

"Aha!", Baekhyun grinned and settled back down on his bed, finally choosing something he wanted to watch.

"This? Really?", Sehun pulled a face.

"What's wrong Sehun? Not a fan of romances?".

Sehun wasn't about to admit that he'd seen this show before, in fact he was on Season 2... but this was an episode of Season 4. As a spoiler showed itself on screen he winced.

"Nope nope nope", Sehun leapt from his bed and tried to grab the remote.

"Ah ah ah", Baekhyun wagged a finger at him, "We're watching this and that's final".

"We are not watching this", Sehun tried to tell his ears not to listen, but they went ahead and heard the TV anyway.

"I really didn't peg you for the I-don't-like-romances-type", Baekhyun laughed.

"I don't care what you peg me as, I am not watching this". Sehun silently cursed his pride. Why don't I just tell him? He might change the channel if I do. But the smug smile on Baekhyun's face wiped all thoughts of telling him and Sehun stretched across Baekhyun's body to grab the remote.

"Hey!", Baekhyun tried to grab the remote back off of him with no success. Sehun was taller than he was, especially when he held the remote up in the air.

The channel changed and Sehun almost relaxed... at least, he would have had Baekhyun not jumped up and stole the remote back.

"How old are you?!", Sehun dived back for the remote and ended up falling on Baekhyun's bed.

"Hah! You can talk", Baekhyun tried to hold the remote out of reach.

Sehun's long arms gave him an advantage and he grabbed the remote once more... but Baekhyun wasn't going to let go this time. Their attempts to reclaim the remote resulted in the channel changing abruptly. Flashes of colour and snippets of words, with none of it making sense. They both struggled on the bed until Sehun had the genius idea of straddling Baekhyun to stop him from moving.

Baekhyun did just that. He stopped moving and looked up from underneath him, his heavy breathing causing butterflies in Sehun's stomach. Sehun's breath was as laboured as Baekhyun's. Their faces were close, so close. If Sehun were to lean forward an inch, their lips would be touching. But Sehun made no motion to move either. He lay there, staring into Baekhyun's eyes trying to figure out what exactly he was feeling in this moment. Their breaths mingled together and Sehun found that the longer he was this close to Baekhyun, the tighter his chest became.

In the struggle, neither of them had noticed the knock at the door, or the opening of the door.

But now that they were both still, they could hear clearly the sounds of the TV, and the loud, surprised squeak of Kyungsoo.

Sehun's head whipped to look at the door, Kyungsoo stood there with his back to the room and his hand over Jongin's eyes. The laughter upon Jongin's lips was undeniable.

Baekhyun pushed Sehun off of him and Sehun let him, falling to the side in shock. What just happened?

A loud moan echoed around the room and Sehun looked at Baekhyun in horror. He looked back just as surprised. Then their attention turned to the TV.

"Oh", was all Sehun could say before Baekhyun ran to the TV to turn it off.

"It's not what it looks like I swear", Baekhyun held up his hands and stared at the couple by the door.

Sehun had begun to regain his senses too, "Kyungsoo, you can turn back around now. It's a misunderstanding".

Kyungsoo slowly took his hands from Jongin's eyes and turned to the room.

"We can come back later", Jongin eyes twinkled with amusement.

"That's not necessary", Sehun cleared his throat, "Like we said, it's not what it looks like".

"And what does it look like?".

Sehun's eyes narrowed at Jongin.

"We just came to ask you two if you were going to come to the food hall, but uh", Kyungsoo looked around the room. Baekhyun's duvet had fallen to the floor in the commotion. Kyungsoo tried not to notice it, "Anyway", he cleared his throat, "We'll be there if you decide to join us".

Sehun opened his mouth to reply but Kyungsoo cut him off, "We'll be off now, bye!". Kyungsoo pulled Jongin's hand and closed the cabin door behind them.

Silence filled the cabin.

Baekhyun looked at Sehun.

Sehun looked at the TV.

Baekhyun looked at the TV.

Sehun looked at Baekhyun and broke the silence, "I am not paying for that".