Chapter 5

I'll Have The Last Laugh

Sehun started off his morning with a loud yawn and a very feline-like stretch.  Man, I'm so tired, he yawned again. With half-closed eyes he shuffled and made his way into the bathroom.

It's cold, he complained, why is it so cold?

Sehun grumbled all the way to the shower, each step he took he removed another piece of clothing. Each step he took he got colder and colder.

Bare through it Sehun. You can either shower now and be awake, or you can not shower and face Kyungsoo's wrath at being tired. He nodded self-assuredly and got into the shower. The warm water hit his bare skin and he began to warm up. In the process of warming up, he began to wake up too. It wasn't until half-way through his shower that he realised he didn't bring his clothes in with him.

He turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around his body, "Fine", he muttered to himself. "I'll just go in there, grab some clothes and come back. Damn it, why did someone have to sleep here last night?".

It wasn't that Sehun was greatly uncomfortable with his body, but if he was practically in a room with a stranger, the both of them would be uncomfortable.

Sehun sighed and pushed open the door, the other man was nowhere to be found, who gets up this early? he wondered.

The coast is clear, go!

He quickly stepped out of the bathroom and went to the draws to grab some clothes. T-shirt, jeans, underwear. Sehun whirled around and was about to step into the bathroom once more when he bumped face-first into a drowsy looking man. His eyes were drooping and he looked like he had a hard time keeping them open. Sehun was too busy being alarmed to realise he would recognise this man if he looked properly.

"Watch where you're going", Sehun snapped at him, annoyed that he'd ended up in a situation he wanted to avoid.

"Sorry", the other man yawned, his eyes still on the brink of opening.

Sehun walked around him and returned to the bathroom, shutting the door hard.

If he's that tired, why didn't he stay in bed?

Each item of clothing was thrown on in frustration and Sehun stepped out once more, this time with a less than pleasant expression on his face. First I have to get up early, and now this.

As soon as Sehun was out of the bathroom, the other man rushed in. Sehun looked at the door and tutted in annoyance.

 

"Morning sunshine!", Jongin called cheerfully as he opened the cabin door.

Sehun looked at him.

"Ah", Jongin almost flinched, "I think it's a good idea if we don't talk to him for an hour or so", he stage-whispered to Kyungsoo.

"Shut up", Sehun grabbed his jacket and followed them out of the door.

"What's got you extra cheerful this morning?", Jongin threw an arm around Sehun's shoulders and grinned annoyingly. Kyungsoo, who was under his other arm peered at Sehun in curiosity.

Sehun shook off his arm and frowned, "I don't even remember half of it. For some reason some guy needed the extra bed in the room last night".

"And that's bad... why?", Kyungsoo asked.

Sehun didn't have an answer for that. He was unnecessarily grouchy in the mornings and it frustrated him to no end that he couldn't avoid it.

"Shh", Jongin pressed a finger to Kyungsoo's lips, "It's best not to question the mysterious creature that is Oh Sehun".

Kyungsoo looked down at the finger on his lips and raised an eyebrow. Jongin winked and took his finger away before Kyungsoo could bite him; he knew what that glint in his eyes meant.

"What are we doing today?", Sehun called both of them back to attention.

"That depends on our camp leader", Kyungsoo answered.

Camp leader? Sehun felt as though they were the wrong age to come here. Is this a family trip?

His eyes grazed over Jongin and Kyungsoo, so they're the father and  mother. Am I the child? Sehun snorted in amusement.

"Have we met our camp leader yet?", Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo shook his head, "It says here that for cabins 10 through 15, the camp leader is Park Chanyeol", he waved the information leaflet in the air.

As they approached a group of people by a number '3' signpost, Kyungsoo wondered aloud who the camp leader was out of all the people around them.

"Are you looking for the camp leader?", a nearby girl who happened to overhear asked.

He nodded.

"He's that one over there, the tall one", she pointed to a man in amongst the crowd.

"Ah, him? Thank you", Kyungsoo smiled at the girl and they made their way towards the looming figure.

Before they had a chance to introduce themselves, he gave them a wide grin, his voice booming over the chatter, "Aha! Cabins 14 and 15?".

Kyungsoo nodded, feeling a little intimidated by the scary giant. Jongin took a step closer to his boyfriend.

"Just the people I was looking for!", he marked something down on his clipboard, "That's everyone then!".

He cleared his throat loudly and the crowd silenced, "Is everybody ready for the first activity of the day?"

A chorus of 'yes'es and a few cheers could be heard.

"Let's go!", he called, walking off to the right. The crowd followed him and the excited chatter rose up once again.

"This is exciting!", Kyungsoo grinned and Jongin smiled with him.

While he was keen to complain, Sehun found that he too was a little excited over doing something he didn't usually do. At least, that's what he pinned the strange feeling in the pit of his stomach to.

 

By the time the day had finished, Sehun had come to the conclusion that the activity camp was fun. Just like Kyungsoo had said. Perhaps I should give his ideas more credit, Sehun thought to himself.

His arms ached and he dreaded to think what they'd be like tomorrow. I can't wait to sleep, he smiled. As he reached his cabin door, he wondered whether or not the other man had managed to find another room. He hoped he had. Sehun knew that he was being a little selfish, but it was more for the other person's benefit than his. People had a natural tendency to dislike him. Perhaps he had a dislikeable-face.

He pushed open the door and shuffled towards the bathroom. A few seconds later after his entry to the cabin, the door opened once more. This time, it was the mysterious man from the morning.

As Sehun was about to acknowledge him, their eyes locked and Sehun's mouth dropped in shock. Baekhyun dropped his suitcase.

They stood there in silence. Baekhyun tried to convince himself that he was still asleep and was dreaming.

"A-Are you following me?!", disbelief and shock were laced throughout Sehun's tone and Baekhyun stood there gaping like a fish.

"Are you following me?", Sehun repeated, louder.

Baekhyun shook his head hastily, "No, I- what...", he looked down at his fallen suitcase and then back to Sehun, "What are you doing here? Why are you here?".

Sehun scoffed and threw his hands up in disbelief, "Did you ask the receptionist to be roomed with me? Are you a stalker? Look, I don't know why you've got this impression but I'm not interested in yo-".

"What?", Baekhyun screwed up his face in distaste, "You think I like you? What kind of psycho would do that?".

"What kind of psycho would follow me here?!".

"Not me!".

They both stood here, glaring at one another from opposite sides of the room.

"This is my room. Leave", Sehun turned his back on the erted stalker.

"I'm not going anywhere. This is my room too".

Sehun knew that would be Baekhyun's response. Did he follow me here for revenge? How did he know I was here? This can't be a coincidence, it's far too convenient. Sehun was neither in a drama or in a fanfiction, there was no way things like this happened in real life.

He wasn't sure that he wanted to sleep in the same room with this man, who knew what he'd do while he was sleeping. Sehun ignored Baekhyun and pulled his phone from his pocket. One bar of signal. Of course. At least it isn't 'no signal', an optimistic part of Sehun's brain reminded him.

Sehun quickly typed out a message to Jongin asking him if he had any knowledge about the situation.

There wasn't an immediate response like Sehun had hoped for. Now the silence in the room had become awkward, Baekhyun standing there with his suitcase, glaring at Sehun as though this inconvenience was somehow his fault, and Sehun standing there with a possible stalker.

Sehun walked towards Baekhyun with long strides, Baekhyun took an involuntarily step back.

"Move", Sehun commanded.

Baekhyun shook his head stubbornly.

"Move. I need to get to the door".

"Oh", Baekhyun looked to see that he was blocking the doorway. He took a step to the side and Sehun immediately left.

Is this situation even real? Meeting him again after that day was a coincidence too unimaginable... and now, again?! Baekhyun looked up at the sky and imagined that if there was some omnipresent being watching over his life, it must surely find his suffering amusing.

 

* * *

 

"Sehun?", Luhan squinted at the man before him. A day's worth of activities and the overwhelming need to sleep had drained Sehun and vastly changed his appearance. He was no longer a cool and collected, sleek and aloof man with an enviously perfect face. Instead he was a mud-covered, almost turbulent man. Despite this, Luhan still admired his beauty.

"Are there really no more rooms?", Sehun skipped the greeting.

"Is there a problem?", Luhan frowned.

"That depends on your answer".

Luhan wringed his hands anxiously, he wasn't sure what to say, "I didn't lie to you. There aren't any more rooms".

Sehun sighed, "If he's paying you to say that, I'll pay you double to tell me the truth".

Paying me? Luhan shook his head, "What?". Did Sehun hit his head during today's activities?

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying... Nobody paid me anything to say that. It's the truth, there are no more rooms".

Sehun groaned, "I was really hoping you wouldn't say that".

On the plus side, this means there's less chance that that guy is a stalker, the angel on Sehun's shoulder whispered to him.

"I'm really sorry. Is there anything I can do?", Luhan surprised Sehun by sounded genuinely concerned.

"No, it's... fine. I'll just have to tolerate it", Sehun raised a hand and waved, "See you around".

Luhan silently waved back, feeling guilty for some reason. I guess he's not that social. That poor broken little soul.

 

_________________________________________________

1) I realise that anterrobangs aren't grammatically accepted, but I like them and I feel like they should be accepted into the grammar society.

2) In case I didn't word it right, just to make it clear, Luhan's character is a little... dramatic.

3) Thank you for sticking with this story despite the lack of an update for like... 2 weeks. Exams and coursework man... eesh. 

(Next chapter = less boring stuff and more interaction).