Chapter 4

I'll Have The Last Laugh

Not proof read yet so sorry for any errors! (/.\)                                         

The majority of the car journey consisted of Kyungsoo and Jongin singing duets. Not that he'd admit it, but Sehun thought their relationship was sweet. He'd had to suppress a smile more than once already. While Sehun initially felt like a third wheel, the three of them fit together well; the couple in the front were perfectly content to talk to each other and include Sehun now and then, and Sehun was even more content with doing his own thing.

He was currently Googling methods of escaping from the situation he had put Byun Baekhyun in previously. How did he do it? Sehun frowned. Someone must have helped him.

"What do you think Sehun?", Kyungsoo called back to him.

He looked up and raised his eyebrows, "Huh?".

"Jongin thinks it's going to be sunny for the rest of the day, I think it's going to rain. You're the tiebreaker".

Sehun looked up at the cloudless sky and blinked.

"The weather report says it's not going to rain for at least a week", Jongin tried to reason with Kyungsoo, who glared in response.

"The weather report can be wrong.  Who do you agree with, Sehun?"

"Uh...", he scouted the sky once more, "I think it's going to snow".

The people in the car silenced. Jongin turned around to look at him and frowned. Sehun remained expressionless.

"I think the chances of it raining are higher than it snowing", Jongin frowned.

"I think the chances of it being sunny are higher than it snowing", Kyungsoo added.

The two in the front smiled at each other and Sehun hid his smile behind his phone.

 

* * *

 

"Well, we're here", Jongin remarked as the car's engine turned off.

Sehun removed his seatbelt and stepped out of the car to stretch his legs, Jongin and Kyungsoo followed suit.

"Ah, my aches", Jongin sighed. Sitting in a car for hours didn't do much for muscle relaxation.

"Just wait, it'll ache more at the end of this trip", Kyungsoo told him.

Sehun burst out laughing and Jongin's eyes widened as he looked at his boyfriend in shock. It took Kyungsoo a moment before he hastily added, "I mean because of the activities. The ones they do here. Like canoeing". His cheeks were bright red with embarrassment and this only made Jongin start laughing too.

"You knew what I meant", Kyungsoo muttered and went to get his suitcase from the boot of the car.

Sehun was still sniggering by the time they reached the reception desk.

"Hi! Welcome to Gusang namu Activity Camp, how can I help you?", the perky male receptionist, presumably called Luhan if his nametag was correct, greeted them with a smile.

Kyungsoo smiled back at him and began to talk about things that didn't interest Sehun. His interest was however drawn back to the conversation when Luhan asked them how many rooms they required. Jongin and Kyungsoo looked at each other then at him. Sehun almost chuckled dryly, they didn't want to leave him on his own, yet wanted to be alone. He decided to solve their problem, "Two rooms please".

The relief was evident on their faces and Sehun repressed a smile.

"Two rooms, I see...", Luhan tapped away on his keyboard, "Ah", he looked up at Sehun and smiled apologetically. "There aren't any single bed rooms left, would you mind having a two bed room?".

Sehun nodded, "Sure, as long as I have it to myself". Luhan's smile faltered and he looked at his computer screen, in instances like these, guests are expected to share rooms with other guests. Otherwise there'd be less beds and less revenue.

"I'll pay full price for it", Sehun offered.

Luhan opened his mouth to speak and Sehun made one last attempt at a plea.

"Please?", Sehun smiled at Luhan and for a moment Luhan's heart felt as though it stopped.

"Uh...", Oh why not, it's only for two weeks. And he's going to pay full price, "Sure", Luhan smiled back at him and Jongin nudged Kyungsoo. They both chuckled.

"Thank you", Sehun nodded and let Kyungsoo take over the organisation again. Every now and then, Luhan's eyes would flicker to Sehun and his cheeks would tinge a slight shade of pink. Jongin found it amusing and made a note to tease his friend about the receptionist's crush on him later.

When their rooms were set and ready, all Sehun wanted to do was to catch up on the sleep he missed that morning. Unfortunately for him, Kyungsoo was eager to get out and explore the camp. Jongin complied and so he felt compelled to as well.

After a thorough investigation of the camp, all three of them were hungry and tired. So they decided to go to Kyungsoo's and Jongin's room to eat and watch a film. After eating, and half way through the film, Sehun could feel his eyelids drooping and sleep threatening to overcome him.

"I'm going to go to bed, I'll see you guys tomorrow. What time are we getting up in the morning?", Sehun rubbed an eye and tried to focus.

"Around eight?", Jongin shrugged and looked to Kyungsoo, who nodded.

"Alright, see you then. Night", he yawned and made his way to his own room, dropping down on the bed and falling asleep instantly.

Ten minutes after Sehun had left, the patter of rain could be heard in Kyungsoo's and Jongin's cabin.

"Hah!", cried Kyungsoo, "I TOLD you it'd rain. I told you!".

Jongin looked out of the window in disbelief, "I can't believe it. Why is it raining?".

"Because there are rain clouds above us right now Jongin", Kyungsoo's smile made Jongin roll his eyes.

"Alright, I admit I was wrong", he held up his hands in surrender.

"That's better. Now I can sleep happy in the knowledge that I was right", Kyungsoo got comfortable in bed and held out an arm as an invitation for Jongin to join him. Soon, they were both wrapped up in blankets and fast on their way to unconsciousness.

"Thank god they had a cancellation and we have a double bed", Jongin murmured quietly.

"Thank god Sehun didn't mind letting us have it", Kyungsoo replied and yawned.

Jongin hummed in agreement and fell asleep, shortly after, Kyungsoo did too.

 

Luhan had just finished locking up for the night when a hooded figured loomed behind him. In the darkness, he couldn't distinguish features and the rain made it all the more ominous. Luhan screamed in surprise and took a step back, slipping on the wet mud beneath his feet and falling to his doom.

The dark stranger took a step closer to him and held out a hand. Luhan flinched and closed his eyes, but after nothing happened he opened them again. The stranger was offering to help him up. Luhan's cheeks flushed with embarrassment and he took the stranger's hand.

"Thanks", he spoke above the rain.

"It was my fault, I'm sorry for scaring you. Is it to late to get a room? My plans went all over the place and my phone died, I lost my map and everything went wrong. Then I found this place and thank god, I am so tired, and it's raining, and I'm wet", the stranger laughed self-consciously, " Sorry... I'm rambling".

Luhan blinked several times to compute everything he had just been told. As of two hours ago and a large family of 9, there were no more rooms left. But he couldn't turn the stranger away now, not at this time of night and in this weather. He could suggest the staff room? No, there's no way his manager would allow that. What should I do? Luhan bit his lip in thought.

"Ah... Is it too late?", the stranger sounded as though he expected this outcome and made a move to leave, "I'm sorry for bothering you".

"Wait!", Luhan called out to him and cursed himself the moment he did so, I'm sorry attractive stranger from earlier, I have no other choice.

"Follow me", Luhan took a deep breath and hoped that the man from earlier hadn't gone to sleep yet.

The soaked stranger followed Luhan gratefully, in truth if he had left, he'd have slept in his car until morning.

They approached a silhouette of a cabin that probably looked nice during the day when it was still visible, the stranger thought to himself.

Luhan knocked on the door several times and got no response. Ah, please answer. He knocked again, loudly. There was an audible thump from inside the cabin and moments later a bed-headed man opened the door. He squinted at the visitors in confusion while rubbing his head. It was far too dark and he was far too tired to see anything.

"Hi, I'm sorry for waking you up. There are no other beds and it's raining and I know I said this could just be your room and I'm really sorry and-", Luhan stopped talking. He seemed to have caught the stranger's habit of rambling, although Luhan knew better; he rambled around attractive men.

Sehun only registered half of what Luhan had said, but after a moment of rubbing his eyes, he saw that there were two people at his door, "What?", he mumbled, loud enough for the both of them to hear.

"Can he stay here for the night? Please", Luhan almost begged, he hoped that Sehun wouldn't dislike him for it.

"Are there no other rooms?", Sehun yawned quietly.

"No, I'm sorry".

Sehun waved a hand in dismissal, "Fine, just for tonight though", he may have seemed cold but Sehun had a conscience. It was raining outside and he had a spare bed.

"Thank you", Luhan and the stranger said simultaneously.

"Whatever", Sehun stepped out of the way so that the other man could enter.

"I'm going to go now", Luhan pointed in the direction of his cabin.

"Okay", Sehun replied, "Night".

Luhan smiled and started walking away, "Oh!", he quickly walked back and stopped the door from closing. Sehun looked at him and saw that he was staring at the other man. Deciding he wasn't needed, he took himself back to bed.

"Tomorrow morning, come see me at the registration office and we should hopefully work something out. I'm Luhan by the way", Luhan finally introduced himself.

"I will, thank you so much again, I'm-"

Sehun slipped out of consciousness, but just before he did, he could have sworn that the other man introduced himself as Baekhyun.

 

____________________________________________________________

Hehehehehe, things should get a little more interesting now.