Corona Borealis means Forever Friends

Forever Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

The silence was creepy. None of us decided to neither talk to each other nor talk about the thing that we just spotted earlier.

Yuri…

The thought of her dancing sensually with that… … Why? Why would she do that? All my life I have never seen her do things like that even if I’m just watching from a far. As much as I’d like to deny it, it hurt me. It fueled down my hidden fury that I have been carefully hiding from underneath. To see her being that intimate with someone, I don’t think I could even bear it. It gave me the realization that I could never ever share her with anyone. I just want her all for myself. I just want her to do that to me! But what can I do? She can’t even remember me.

Earlier, when I thought that they’re already going too far, I wanted to snatch her away from that girl. I was so close from doing that, if only it weren’t for Tiffany. Yeah, my closest friend in the group; my sister. I saw the pained look in her eyes when she saw them; when we saw them. She may try to hide it from us but I can feel it; no, I know it. I have always known it. She loves Yul more than a friend, more than just a best friend. Since when? I don’t know. But all I know is, she’s more than enough reason for me to let go of Yuri. She deserves Yuri more than anyone else. All she did was to love her deeply and faithfully and she didn’t even do anything to hurt her. They will both be happy if they end up together. No lies, no secrets, and no goodbyes. What a good way to start a relationship. And on my end, I will also try to be happy for them. Or at least, I’ll try to be...

 

Tiffany’s POV

Our drive back home was so quiet. Since Sunny was the one who’s sober enough to get us back to the apartment safely, she opted to drive. I left my car into the establishment’s VIP parking and just texted my manager to come and get it tomorrow. I bet they already know by now that we were there. When I said ‘they’, I meant SHY.

I leaned my head on the car’s window and stopped myself from thinking about what I just witnessed earlier. But as expected, my mind didn’t fail to betray me. I can still remember clearly how Yuri grinded his body against that…girl. How she pulled her closer to her and started to roam her hands around the girl’s curves. They looked like they were about to…make out.

I couldn’t move upon seeing that. It felt like I was looking at a different person; not my best friend, not my Yuri. As far as I know, Yuri will never do things like that.

“But you just saw her earlier dummy!” my mind screamed.

Yeah. I just saw it but still my mind would love to deny it.

“Yul, what’s happening to you?” I asked myself silently.

“Yedora, we’re here.” Sunny woke me up from my deep thoughts and I noticed that Jessica immediately left the car and head inside. I followed her lead and went straight to the house’s roof deck leaving Sunny with agape inside the car.

I know that what I just did was rude but I can’t help it. I’ve just been trying to hold everything in since this afternoon and if I stayed in the car a second longer, I could have spilled everything to Sunny and that’s something that I don’t want to happen. As much as possible, like my feelings to Yuri, I want to keep all my problems to myself.

I stared at the heavens trying to clear my head and I was distracted by a certain constellation in the northern sky. I saw the seven stars that make up the constellation's distinctive crown-shaped pattern; the Corona Borealis. The symbol where it all began.

Flashback…

The two of us were panting so hard as we were running away from the three idiots who just bullied me. We accidentally arrived in a crowded amusement park and we stopped for a bit to catch our breath. We’ve been standing there for a while now when I noticed that the girl who just saved me still didn’t let go of my hands. I wanted to pull away but something about her touch made me feel safe.

“Are you okay?” she asked pulling me out of my reverie.

“Uh, yeah. You could just leave me now. I’ll try to look for a cab to get home.” I mumbled coldly trying to cover up the guilt of dragging her into my misfortune.

“Do you really want to be bullied that much? If I’d have known, then I should have just ignored you earlier.” She replied looking so mean. What the?...

“What the hell are you talking about?” I snapped.

“Are you nuts or just plain ignorant? You just ran away from them and you think that they’re going to leave you after all that? They’re probably there in your doorstep right now trying to think of ways to get back at you. Believe me, I know them better than you do.” She retorted.

Oh. She’s right.

“Then what do you suggest me to do then since I’m not allowed to go home yet?” I asked her looking so lost.

“I suggest that you stay here while I’ll go get something.” She replied without looking at me and started to walk away.

“Whaaat?! Noooo way, I won’t stay here looking like an idiot!” I declined and started to follow her.

“Yes waaay! Just stay and hide your face dummy! Stop trying to get people’s attention if you don’t want them to know you’re here.” She cracked irritatingly and started to head on the northern side of the park.

What did she just call me? Gossh! I should be feeling thankful because she just saved me but that kid’s temper sure needs a lot of work. I wanted to retort back but I decided to bit my tongue because whether I like it or not, I am now indebted to her. So deciding to be a good debtor, I stood there looking like a fool while I tried to think of ways to cover my face. If people would begin to recognize me, then it would be a disaster. She was gone for already 10 minutes and it made me feel unsafe. Where did that kid go?

As if fate was trying to answer my question, I saw her walking towards me and for the first time, I was able to have a good look at her. She was wearing a comfortable navy blue Yves Saint Laurent turtleneck which was a perfect fit for her slender body topped with a Calvin Klein double ed trench coat, a pair of dark jeans which emphasizes her long and meager legs and a pair of Chanel trainers. I’ve got to admit that this kid has style and she’s got some swagger feels on the way she carries herself. Hmmm. Not bad. I gazed at her face and I gotta admit, even though she’s a bit tanned, she’s gorgeous but not in a y feminine way but more like she has this both feminine and masculine charm that could enchant everyone. I could tell that she’s a chaebol’s daughter, judging by the way she dressed and well, she’s oozing with confidence. Something that average people don’t normally have.

“You gotta wipe your drools. I know I’m hot but you don’t need to stare at me like that.” She sighed and handed me a paper bag.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?! For your information, listen carefully so that your conceited mind would be able to absorb it; I DON’T DROOL FOR ANYONE!” I roared unable to keep myself from blushing.

“If you say so.” And she just shrugged her shoulders while still handing me the paper bag impatiently.

“What’s this?” I asked trying to recover.

“A paper bag?” she replied.

“I KNOW IT IS A PAPER BAG! I meant what’s inside it?!” I shrieked; all the effort of recovering from my embarrassment and irritation fully gone.

Really.This kid’s stressing me more than those three.

“You might want to grab it and see for yourself.” She replied and put down the paper bag on my feet.

Without trying to ask her further, I snatched the bag and I noticed that it has a Prada tag and scent on it. Believe me, when it comes to shopping, I’m never one to make mistakes. I dug into the bag and learned that there were two items inside it; a Prada cashmere scarf and a pair of Prada oversized sunglasses.

“What are these for?” I asked her looking confused.

“The scarf’s for your neck and the sunglasses is for your eyes. Didn’t you learn that in school? Thought you’re the so called fashion expert in your group. Tsk.” she replied innocently while shaking her head.

“Dear God, please give me enough strength and courage to deal with this kid just until I can go home. I know I still owe her a lot for saving me out there but she’s really starting to get on my nerves. You know how scary I can get right? So please.” I thought and prayed murderously as I took a deep breath and faced the douche bag that just saved me.

“I know what they’re for. I was just trying to ask you why you bought them.” I replied calmly.

“I bought it for you. You might want to wear some disguise since people here’s starting to notice you. Not unless you want the whole world to know you’re here then I’ll take it back.” She explained like she’s stating the obvious.

Shoot! She’s right. I noticed people are staring at me right now and before I could even move to cover myself, I felt her grabbed the paper bag back away from me and removed the items inside it. She put the sunglasses on me while tucking in the loose strands of my hair. She also placed the scarf around my neck up to my chin to cover some part of my mouth and as if it was still not enough yet, she took off her coat and wrapped it carefully around my body.

“Warm enough? Now we’re all covered.” She smiled satisfyingly, answering her own question.

I stood there frozen. I felt an unfamiliar warmth running all over me but I’m sure it’s neither because of the coat nor the scarf.

“How about you? It’s cold and i—“

“I’m fine. Come on, let’s eat. I’m starving.” She cut me off and for the second time today, she grabbed my hand.

We ate at one of the park’s restaurant by the river and it was a sort of awkward yet satisfying dinner. I forgot how extremely hungry I was until she mentioned it and without thinking twice, I ordered some comfort foods; something that I haven’t tasted for months since SME’s pretty strict with our diets. I treated myself with a classic double cheeseburger and chocolate milkshake. I noticed she opted to choose a cheese steak sandwich with mixed veggies as her sides and a bottle of water.

When our order arrived, I immediately dug in and took one big bite of my precious food. It was extremely satisfying and I was about to take my second bite when I saw her doing something weird with her food.

“What are you doing?” I asked her out of curiosity.

“I’m trying to get the carrots off my food.” She replied looking so serious to her carrot picking.

“Why? Carrots are really delicious and besides, they’re good for your eyes.”

“Tss. Only rabbits eat that and I have a 20/20 vision so I’m good thanks.” She said and rolled her eyes. I secretly smiled at her gesture and I genuinely find it cute. She’s so dorky yet so irritatingly adorable. I just shook my head off and after 15 minutes, she ate her food in peace. I saw the poor chosen bits of carrots on the other side of the plate completely alone and ignored by her master. She only finished half of her sandwich and when she noticed that I ate my whole burger, she just hid a small snort and paid for our food. I saw her handing out a black Amex centurion card to the waiter and the waiter’s face was in awe; so was mine. I’ve been living in the world of shopping for such a long time now that I know perfectly well that the black anodized titanium card is every woman’s dream. Only 0.03% in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter