TSF - Temporary Secret Friends

Forever Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV

As soon as I reached the spot where the white car was parked, I yanked the door open and what I saw scared the living daylights out of me. I got scared not because of the guy I saw inside but because of what the guy was doing to the bleeding  girl who’s writhing in pain on the passenger side of the vehicle. 

Tyler Kwon who happened to be sitting in the driver seat right in front of me slapped Jessica’s already bruised face about time when I pulled the door open. He was too engrossed in beating the out of her so he didn’t notice my presence. For a second, I stood there frozen not knowing what to do. I was shocked and terrified at the same time. Shocked because I couldn’t believe that Jessica’s face is all covered in blood and yellowish bruises which I’m pretty sure was not there this morning; terrified because I can’t bear to see the woman I love hurting and getting beaten by her boyfriend, begging for him to stop right before my very eyes. Then suddenly, everything around me went dark. I was not able to comprehend right away the things that are happening that very moment. I wanted to stop Jessica’s pain and kill the person who’s responsible for hurting her.

“Right, I should kill that bastard for even daring to touch a strand of Jessica’s hair.” I thought murderously.

“Please, (hik) I’m begging you. (hik) The pain’s (hik) killing me. Stop.” She sobbed trying to cover her swollen bruises to avoid it from getting hit again.

Then I heard another unmistakable shriek of pain that made me return back to reality.

“Jessica!” was all I could say.

Without thinking twice, regardless if I’m a girl and he’s a guy, I grabbed the bastard’s collar and pulled him out of the car. I could tell that he’s drunk judging by the smell of reeking alcohol in his shirt. I reached for any part of him that I could get my hands on and started punching his lights out.

“Hesh!” I cursed.

I aimed for his body.

Poooow!

Then another solid kick to his ribs.

Paaak!

I took him by the collar again and this time he was able to punch me back. It did not miss my face but it was not strong enough to keep me off my balance. I was able to maneuver right away and answer his punch with a jab. It landed straight to his jaw and it threw him off the side. I followed him and I kicked his balls with all my might making him scream in pain and that sound was like music to my ears. Without wasting any spare second, I threw my body on top of him and started giving him punch after punch until I realized that his body went rigid and he lost consciousness. I was supposed to stop after giving him enough but what I saw earlier flashed back in to my mind and anger consumed me once again giving me the strength to throw more punches in his now swollen and bleeding face. I still have no plan to discontinue but I heard someone screaming my name from a far.

“Yuri, please hold it together. You could kill him.” She begged. I don’t know why but I hate it when she does that. Still lost in my own fury, I just ignored her and kept on throwing another batch of blow on the unconscious body under me.

As I was about to throw another solid jab in Tyler’s jaw, a small hand caught mine and I felt her whole weight fell behind me. I thought at first that she was attacking me but when I felt her whole body shaking against my back, I finally realized that she was just trying to back hug me.

“Yul, enough. It’s not worth it.” She whispered softly sobbing on my nape.

“Not worth it? He made you look like that and it’s not worth it?” I asked her back with my voice still fuelled with rage.

“You could kill him if you won’t stop and I don’t want you to become a murderer because of him so it’s not worth it. Please.”  She wept weakly.

I still didn’t move and I felt her hug became tighter. Somehow, it made me feel weak…and tired. I was flooded with different kinds of emotions as we stayed like that.

I felt the searing pain coming from my swollen lip? Yes.

I felt drained just by looking at my raw knuckles? Yes.

 I felt impaired seeing her in that state? Yes.

I felt satisfied because somehow I was able to channel my frustration today to this guy in front of me? Yes.

I felt like I’m being cared for when she said those words? Maybe?

 I felt loved when she embraced me tighter? Maybe?

 I felt contented when we stayed like that for some time? Yes.

 How I wish that we’re in a different situation and altered circumstances right now to feel more of her warmth but no. She’s in pain and so am I. Then I heard another soft sobs coming from the girl that I cherish so much resting weakly on my nape.

I stirred my body gently to face her being careful enough not to even shift a strand of her hair. When I was able to do so, I cupped both sides of her jaw as tender as I can manage and stared at her ruined face. In my eyes she will still be as beautiful as ever.

“Are you okay? Please tell me that you’re fine.” I whispered to her, our faces are just an inch away from each other.

“I’m fine. Thank you. Thank you Yul.” She whimpered trying to bear the pain of speaking.

“Shh. Don’t talk. I’m sorry. I should’ve come early.” I shushed trying to sooth her pain.

“Don’t be, it wa ---“ without waiting for her to finish what she’s about to say, I pulled her closer to me and enveloped her into a long, tight embrace feeling her warmth and letting her know that no one will hurt her ever again as long as I’m here.

“Shh. Don’t you ever say that it was your fault because it’s not, you hear me? It was never your fault.” I whispered hoarsely. Gosh, you just don’t know how I love this girl so much and I would do just about everything to take her pain away.

I felt her relax and I took the opportunity to ask her to leave with me. In a matter of time, people will start swarming over and I don’t want her to be seen along with this low life right here. I want to protect her from another painful headline that would be created by the cruel people from the media if they ever see her associated in a scene much like this. I would never want to see her suffer again. Critics, bashers, trolls? Screw all of them! I would do all that I can to protect her and I would never allow them to get there filthy hands on her.

“Let’s go.” I said. I wanted to get her out of here and take her some place safe, somewhere where no one would be able to hurt her.

“Where are we—“

“Shh. I told you to hold it. You’re not fit to talk so just this once leave everything to me and trust me.” I cut her off and stood up, one hand not leaving her side. I took my phone and dialled the number of my trusted men to fix the mess that I will be leaving, including the that just got beaten to death by me. After giving my instructions, I head to where my car was parked. I was walking slowly because an angel was sleeping peacefully in my arms as I was carrying her bridal style.

I was driving my way back to my own apartment in Gangnam and even once I didn’t let go of Jessica’s hand. She was curled up on the passenger seat, safely tucked in a seat belt where my jacket was covering most of her upper torso. When I pulled over into my apartment’s garage, I carefully lugged her again on the way to my bedroom. It’s been a while since I stayed here and I bet my parents and friends would not even expect me to hang about here tonight so I knew it’s the safest place that I could let her rest.

I was contemplating earlier where to take her because I just can’t barge into our shared apartment and bring Jessica in that kind of state and I bet she wouldn’t like it either. People would need too many explanations and I’m certain she’s not ready to share some of it in the first place. So it leaves me with no choice but to choose my own place as our temporary safe house. 

When I got in, I made my way to my bedroom and placed the sleeping figure on my comfortable bed. I the air conditioning system to prevent her from sweating because it might be painful if sweat touches her wounds. After making sure that she’s comfortable enough, I went to the kitchen to get her some food. I made her oatmeal with fruits on top so it won’t be hard for her to chew. When her soft meal was set, I head to the bathroom to prepare a basin of warm water and took a small towel to wipe her face with it. I also didn’t forget to grab my first aid kit as I went back to my room.

“Hey Sica, wake up.” I nudged her carefully.

“Hmm?” she yawned.

“It’s time to eat and clean your face.” I said.

“Later. I’m still sleepy.” She replied. I just sighed at her response. Her face might have changed a little but her love for sleeping is unshakable. I took another deep breath and said,

“If you won’t clean it right away it’ll get infected.” I said while soaking the towel on the basin full of warm water. After making sure that it’s all drenched, I squeezed it and checked if the temperature’s just right to her liking before applying it into her face. As soon as it made contact with her skin, she let out a y moan and boy it .

“Yah! Kwon Yuri! You’re not Taeyeon nor Sunny so please control your hormones!” I scolded myself and tried to wake Jessica up once more.

“Sica ah! Wake up already. I can’t clean your entire face if you’re not sitting properly.” I prodded her again a little stronger this time.

“Aish! Awww.” She groaned as she tried to open to curse.

“Are you okay? Where does it hurt?” I asked her again this time getting a bit worked up.

“It’s uh, fine, uh, give me that.” She replied then pointed to the towel on my hand. I believe she’d like to do it by herself but I’m stubborn enough to shake my head clearly giving the message that I refuse to give it to her and leaned closer to reach her face. I soaked the towel again into the warm water and squeezed it, this time aiming at her other cheek which has a small cut from the slap. Just by looking at her again, it made my blood boil and I unconsciously clenched my teeth. Without saying anything, she pulled away and hung her head down low.

“Don’t look at me.” She said.

“Why? I’m just trying to clean you’re your wounds. You’ve got dry blood all over your face.” I asked her.

“You shouldn’t have seen me like this.” She sobbed and I did not miss the single drop of tear that fell from her eyes.

“I promise you, I won’t tell anyone if that’s what worries you.” I assured her. And besides, you’re still too beautiful for words. I added the last part in my mind.

“Promise?” she asked looking like a kid.

“Yup. I promise.” I answered her solemnly raising my right hand as if I’m making an oath or something.

“Okay.” She smiled then quickly added, “Does this mean that we’re already friends?” she asked raising one eyebrow.

Friends? What a nice word. Am I being friend zoned right now? Because I really want us to be so much more than that Sica. But unfortunately, the circumstances are against us and we can’t even be FRIENDS. I need to stay away from you as much as possible or else... I hate to think what the consequences will be.

“Are you okay? You’re zoning out.” She asked me waving her hand in front of me.

“Uhm, uh, I’m fine. Do you want us to be friends?” I asked her back.

“Well, to be honest I so—“she began to stutter and I was quick to cut her off.      

“Nevermind.” I said while putting the towel back on the basin. No, this isn’t right.

“Why? I was trying to explain my side.” She said.

“I don’t need your explanation and I don’t want to be your friend.” I said and stood up to get out. I’m sorry Sica, it’s for your own sake.

“Am I really that hateful?” she asked as tears were threatening to fall on her eyes again. Hearing those words from her, I stopped and went back to where I sat. It made me feel guilty.

“You’re not. In fact, you’re too lovable for your own good. It’s just that I’m already too accustomed to fighting with you every now and then and you know, old habits are hard to change right? “I chuckled trying to make up an excuse.

“Yeah, it is. And I don’t want to be your friend either. I just asked that because I’m thinking of ways on how to repay you for saving me.” She replied and it looked like she’s contemplating whether to blurt something out or not. Somehow, I felt disappointed but I chose to say those words to her right? So it just serves me right!

“If that’s your only reason then you didn’t have to.” I replied with voice full of bitterness.

“But I don’t want to be indebted to you.” She insisted.

“Right. Who in the world would want to be indebted to their mortal enemy?” I asked her and rolled my eyes. It made her laugh and I laughed along with her making the mood light. The whole feeling was new to me.

“So you have to think of an idea then on what payment would you like to have in exchange for saving me.” She said.

“Are you proposing a business deal now?”  I asked her with one eyebrow raised.

“Sort of? But you have to meet your own terms.” She chuckled.

“Okay then, let’s see.” I hummed as I positioned my fingers under my chin. It looked like I’m thinking hard about something and this time I didn’t fail to make her smile. Oh those eye smile! It’s nothing compared to Tiffany’s but it’s one thing that I love about her when she‘s laughing or smiling. It never fails to lighten up my mood.

“Hurry up. I’ll only give you a minute.” She demanded.

“Okay, how about telling me what happened earlier?” I tested her and see what her reaction would be. Suddenly, her face has gone sour and it became pretty serious.

“Anything but that please.” She pleaded. Okay, so I’ll back off, I thought.

“Oh, alright. I won’t force you then. But just remember, I’m all ears.” I replied.

“So much for not wanting to be friends with me.” She chuckled.

“Why? You can always confide to your best enemy right?” I asked her and she just made a face.

“Come on, 30 seconds left.” She said and started to count using her fingers. For a second there, I panicked. A thought occurred to me but I fought so hard to say it out loud.

“20, 19, 18. Yah! Hurry up. It’s getting closer to zero.” She teased.

“What the hell! It doesn’t even matter. Just for tonight. Just this once. Then I won’t do it ever again.” I thought, trying to convince myself.

“Fine! I already have one.” I blurted out loud.

“Call! What is it?” she asked.

“How about this, just for tonight, uh, let’s put our walls down and you know, uh, let us be comfortable to each other.” I said shyly. I may regret this later but what the! Lemme give it a try!

“In other words, just for tonight let’s be friends?” she asked smiling.

“Uhm, sort of? Or not really friends but like you know, we’re calling for a ceasefire to all our bickering. Like you know, just for tonight and no one will know about it.” I replied jokingly as I stuttered for a bit not knowing how to say it right.

“Like Temporary Secret Friends?” she asked again looking confused.

“Exactly! Temporary Secret Friends it is.” I smiled and to my great relief, she smiled back at me too.

“We only have 10 hours until 6am so we better start now.” She said and tossed a pillow on my face. It caught me off guard.

“We’re on!” and I heaved the pillow back flatly to her stomach and she just glared at me then we both ended up laughing.

“Come on, before we play, can you just at least let me clean your face a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter