SHY

Forever Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YURI'S POV

“Ladies and Gentlemen, let us all welcome.. SHY! Please give them a warm of applause!” the host enthusiastically introduced our group’s name as he beckoned us to sit into the green plush overstuffed couch on the studio set.

Today is going to be our very first variety show after we debuted yesterday on M Countdown and it was a blast! I really didn’t expect the crowd to respond the way they did last night. While we were waiting for our turn to perform, we were nervous as hell. I seriously thought that we won’t be able to finish our performance with a bang due to the anxiousness that we were feeling. Everyone was so restless and keyed up when the group before us presented their piece. There were a lot of doubts and questions in my mind like, “what if we fail? What if we make a mistake and we won’t be able to execute our routines properly? What if we disappoint our seniors? What If I let my members down? Of course I can’t let that happen. I can’t let them down. We’ve been waiting for this to happen since we were casted as trainees. No. I’m going to give all I got to end our debut with success! I don’t want to be just another come and go girl group anyway.” As a leader, for my member’s sake, before we’re up on stage, I put on my very calm and confident façade and we prayed. I was composed and positive enough to motivate my members to give their best shot. Then the show started! I was feeling hyped and overly excited. Finally! That was the moment that we’ve all been waiting for. We’ve put all our emotions while we sing our debut song. We danced as if that would be our last chance to dance. We gave everything we got. All the hard work and sleepless nights during training had already paid off. We ended the show with hyped up audience screaming and shouting our names. Fortunately the concept that SM’s been preparing for these past years since our trainee days that’s specifically designed for us was accepted whole heartedly by the crowd. Or should I call them now as our fans? Waah. Just thinking of that right now sends shiver down my spine!

So going back, the host invited us forward and we settled ourselves in the nearest couch. I placed myself at the center between Sooyoung and Hyoyeon while the host was seated on the other couch right across where we sat.

“Annyeonghaseyo girls. Welcome, welcome to the show!” greeted the host animatedly while he’s trying to take a close look on each of our faces.

“Annyeonghaseyo, SHY Imnida. Kamsahamnida!” we addressed the host and the audience while we are partially bowing or heads.

“You’re very much welcome girls. So, before we actually start this most awaited interview, I just want us to be comfortable with each other alright?” he said smiling to all of us. I know he’s just trying to overcome the awkward atmosphere around us.

“Yes Ahjussi..” I said while I gave him my cold crooked smile.

“Ahhh, that smile.. hehe” the host chuckled.

I was about to ask him why but before I could, he continued,

“I was supposed to ask you guys if you’re nervous since this is your first on air interview after your debut, but based on Yuri ssi’s reaction, I believe you are not nervous at all, are you?” he asked laughing.

“Andwae ahjussi.. as a matter of fact, I’m a bit shaking though. Doesn’t it show?” I joked as I tried to reach forward so he can touch my hand. I’m just trying to keep the conversation light and funny.

To be honest, I’m not nervous at all and I’m not really good at pretending to be one. Yes, we were trained how to handle interviews and fan meetings and that includes about acting comfortable enough or being interactive when we meet our fans but unfortunately that’s one aspect of training that I really . In times like this, I normally leave it to Soo. Believe me when it comes to charming anyone, our Casanova will always be the one who’s up for the job. But as a leader, I was told for the nth time by our manager before the interview started that I’m responsible for answering most of the questions that would be thrown out to us later. And also to make my members relax and feel comfortable for the whole duration of the filming. I just nodded and said yes to all of his rants even though I really doubt that these creeps (my members) would ever be nervous at all.

“Ahahahaha.. Let me see if you really are nervous then.” The host laughed as he reached forward to touch my hand. I pretended to shake my hand a little just so it would show that I really am nervous when suddenly loud cheers from the viewers could be heard all over the studio.

We were actually clueless as to what caused the sudden cheers. As far as we know, we didn’t talk about anything yet. The host took the initiative to ask why while, me and my members are laughing along with them.

“Wae? Why are you suddenly cheering? I haven’t even asked them anything yet!” the puzzled host asked the audience.

“Ahjussi! You’re the very first person who touched our Yuri’s hand! Daebak!” cried the girl at the front who managed to grab the mic from the staff. As soon as she said that, another cheer has erupted in the studio and for the first time since the show began, I laughed wholeheartedly. I could feel that my members are also feeling the same way, laughing for something that’s as silly as the host touching my hand for the first time when no fan has ever done so.

“HAHAHAHA. No worries young lady, later after filming, I’m not going to wash my hand and I’ll go straight to where you are. Let’s spread some of Yuri’s nervous DNA to all Icebergs, alright? Ahahaha.” The host replied while still laughing at the fan’s reaction.

“Ne. We will be expecting that ahjussi.” The girl answered the host back.

“Arasseo! Wait for me then. Haha.” That was the host’s reply to the fan and he turned his attention back to us.

“Wow! That was something! How do you feel now Yuri ssi seeing as your fans are now craving to do skin ships with you? And to think that you just debuted yesterday but they already formally started your official fandom with the name of “ICEBERG”.” The host asked pointing the question at me.

”Ah, ne. Right now, I’m really speechless. I mean their reaction when we touched, for me that was daebak! I really didn’t expect that they’re going to say that. And no worries, for future fan meets, we’re going to do a lot of skin ships then, ara? I’m pretty sure Sooyoung and Hyoyeon here would absolutely love that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter