Want to Comfort him

Every Hour, Every Second

Even after two days Jaejoong didn’t show up to school which made Yunho worry.

“Donghae I need you to find out what happened to Jaejoong.” Yunho said through the phone and ended the call shortly after that.

Yunho should be in class right now but he had to find out what happened to Jaejoong and his supposedly best friend, Junsu, because both was absent for 3 days and the teachers are not opening their mouths just giving a saddened look whenever Yunho brought up the male's name.

After a few minutes he recieved a call

“Hello?” Yunho answered.

“Yes. Sir this is Donghae. Kim Jaejoong’s mother passed away three days ago and the funeral is being held today.” Donghae said through the line.

“Are you sure?” Yunho asked being worried about Jaejoong’s state right now

“Yes he is at the Seoul Sungmo Hospital Funeral Home.”

“Thank you bye.” As soon as Yunho hung up he left the school even though it was just an hour in since it started.

Yunho had once again speeded to get to the funeral house. *I’m such an idiot. I should’ve known something was up.*
When Yunho got there he saw the heart breaking scene of Jaejoong crying over a casket. He was about to go there and hug the younger but was stopped by Junsu.

“What are you doing here? Leave my hyung alone. This is not a good time for you to be bugging him.” Junsu said glaring at the taller man.

“No you don’t understand I have to see Jaejoong” Yunho said and his desperation actually made Junsu waver.

“This is not a good time as you can see” Junsu said softer than before.

“I came with the knowledge that his mother passed away I just want to go comfort him.” Yunho said while starting to walk towards Jaejoong once again and this time he wasn’t stopped by anyone. When he got there Yunho directly went in for a hug and at first Jaejoong was shocked but after realizing that it was Yunho he pulled away.

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong said in a harsh tone.

“I heard about what happened to your mother. And I came here to give my condolences to her.” Yunho said with eyes full of sadness.

“If only you didn’t drag me off that day I could’ve gotten home earlier and saved her! I hate you!” Jaejoong said crying once more and Yunho couldn’t bare to see Jaejoong cry so he put the younger back to his embrace even if the younger was struggling. After a couple of weird stares and calming circles rubbed on the younger's back he finally managed to calm down and cry in the olders arms.

“Here let’s take you out of here for a few minutes. It looks like you will pass out any second now, kneeling in front of the casket.” Yunho managed to convince the younger to follow him and sat him outside on the bench.

“I’ll be right back, just stay here.” Yunho said and soon enough he came back with two cups of vended coffees.

“Here you go.” Yunho handed one cup to Jaejoong.

“I don’t drink coffee.” Jaejoong said softly.

“Oh then I will get you anoth-”

“It’s fine Yunho-shi.” Jaejoong said not wanting to bother the other. There were a moment of silence until Jaejoong opened his mouth once more. “I’m sorry.” He said so quietly that if he was any quieter the male would’ve missed it.

“About what?” Yunho said completely confused because he knows that he should be the one apologizing after everything and letting his ego and miscommunication ruin everything.

“About saying that it’s your fault… I know that this couldn’t be prevented because even if you didn’t take me to hangang that day I would’ve been out til later to find another job. I’m sorry so please don’t feel guilty about what I said… Just ignore what I said back there.”

Yunho couldn’t believe his ears. How could the younger male not blame him because maybe if Yunho didn’t drag the younger to hangang the lady would still be alive. Anyone else would try to blame others for their misfortune but this beautiful male in front of him is telling him to ignore the facts.

“But what you said is true.” Yunho pointed out.

“No it isn’t I shouldn’t blame others for what I done wrong. I should’ve taken care of her better… I should’ve never left her side… I shouldn’t have been born… I made my parent’s life harder because of my sickn-” Jaejoong cut himself off before revealing his condition. “It’s all my fault and I’m sorry that I tried to blame you. Please don’t put the things I’ve said to your heart. It’s all my fault.” Jaejoong said crying once more while repeating how it’s all his fault.

“Stop. Your parents wouldn’t want to see you like this. I’m sure that they don’t resent you and you must be the jewel in their eyes.” Yunho said and he surprised himself that he can actually comfort someone other than himself.

“Thank you. I am going to go back in now. Thank you for the coffee. You can stay if you would want but why would you?” Jaejoong said returning back inside to greet the guests. Yunho did trail after him wearing the funeral suit and helped greet the guests and serve their food.

There weren’t many guests and soon the funeral was over which the burial was left and it was only Jaejoong, Junsu, Junsu’s parents and Yunho that went to the burial ground.

Seeing his mother’s casket lowered into the dirt he couldn’t help but cry once more.

“Umma now you are with appa… I hope you are happy and please watch over me. I love you so much and tell appa I love him too. Did you guys have to leave so soon… You promised to watch me grow up and watch me have a family of my own… where you would look over my children… You guys promised….” Jaejoong was now kneeling and crying his heart out watching dirt covering the casket.

“I love you guys so much. Please come back… please.” Everyone could hear the desperation in his voice and everyone but Yunho broke down crying also. Yunho took steps forward and hugged Jaejoong to comfort him

*Mrs. and Mr. Kim…. I will be taking care of him now. Thank you for growing such a beautiful kindhearted kid. I will promise to treasure him.* Yunho thought and like it was a sign two beautiful butterflies landed on the two where the pink and black one landed on Jaejoong the Blue green one landed on Yunho.

*I will take it as your blessing* Yunho lightly chuckled to himself because it sounded like he was asking for Jaejoong’s hand in marriage which he honestly didn’t mind right now.