Leaving

Every Hour, Every Second

“I’m sorry but we couldn’t save her. I will leave you to say your final goodbye” The doctor said before him and the nurses left the room.

“I’m sorry umma. I’m so sorry if only I got home a little sooner you wouldn’t have to suffer.” Jaejoong was still able to cry even after crying for 3 hours. “I’m so sorry umma. I love you.”

Jaejoong fell asleep gripping tightly onto her hand.

He felt a hand on his shoulder trying to wake him up. When he did the bright room made him blink couple of times to focus on what he was looking at. When he finally saw that he is in the hospital room he was about to cry again until he saw his mother smiling at him. “Jaejoong-ah… I’m sorry umma scared you. Want to go back to sleep?”

“Umma is that really you!?” Jaejoong asked leaping off the chair crying.

“Yes my beautiful son it is me.”

“Umma I had a nightmare that you p-pass” Jaejoong couldn’t complete his sentence without bursting to tears.

All his mother did was watch.

“Umma I should’ve gotten home earlier it’s all my fault.”
“Don’t say that. None of this will ever be your fault. What I am about to tell you is really important. When you wake up y-”

“What do you mean wake up?” Jaejoong cut her off.

“Joongie just listen. When you wake up you have to live for yourself. Forget this terrible mother of yours. I left you. And this might be the last time we can talk because I got to go soon.”
“Where are you going umma?” Jaejoong asked with tears running down his face realizing what’s going on.

“I have to join your father. He missed me so much and I missed him so much. I am so sorry for leaving you. I’m so sorry for being a terrible mother.”

“Don’t say that.” Jaejoong said wiping his mother’s tears when he himself was crying.

“I have to leave soon but umma hopes that you will be truly happy one day. And remember umma loves you no matter what. So now just look for your own happiness. I expect you to visit my burial after you found yourself a good girlfriend… or boyfriend.” Jaejoong’s mother said trying to lift the situation.

“I love you umma.”

“I love you too my baby joongie.” She said before she was slowly fading away. “I guess it’s time to go now. Bye Joongie.”
“No umma don’t leave yet. please don’t leave.” Soon she vanished totally and Jaejoong found himself waking up with tears drenching his mother’s clothes that he was sleeping on. Jaejoong caressed his mother’s beautiful face realizing that this is the last time.

“I’m sorry for disturbing you but we have to know how you want to have her body.”

“I would like her body buried next to my father’s grave.” Jaejoong said and the doctor dismissed himself. It was 7 AM and Jaejoong knew that he will be missing school for a couple of days. That morning the hospital got in touch with Junsu’s parents because they are under the family of Jaejoong and his mother. After hearing about what happened Junsu and his parents came to the hospital shedding tears with Junsu’s mother weeping that her best friend passed.

By the time Jaejoong calmed down a bit it was already 4pm and Junsu was there comforting him. Soon they had to make the funeral arrangements and Jaejoong wasn’t ready so he had gotten Junsu’s parents to take care of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Where was he today. Did he not come to school because of yesterday. Stupid Yunho* Yunho thought while driving his car home.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter... heh...................