5

Streak of light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

“Hey Byun, you gonna do our homework today?” The tall boy, Jaehyun,  leans on Baekhyuns desk with his arms crossed over his chest. Baekhyun looks down and fiddles with his fingers on his lap. What is he to do? It wasn't in his place to do anyones homework, but this guy always lays his work for Baekhyun to do. He wants to say no and protest, and it almost comes out, but he just can't open his mouth. 

“Aye, why aren't you saying anything? Do we need to try something else?” He stands tall and cracks his knuckles with a face of anger. Baekhyun swallows, he does not want to succumb, but his body can't take anymore beatings. He is jerked upwards from the pull of the mans grasp and he bites his lips in anxiety, looking back at the class to see if anyone will help him, but everyone is just watching as if this is all a TV show. 

He gasps when he finds himself being pulled out of the classroom, followed by all the other boys surrounding them. Jaehyun throws him from wall to wall, untill they reach the back door of the school. One of the lackies open the door and Jaehyun pulls him outside. His back is shoved against the wall, and he groans at the stinging pain. 

“So, what was that? You gonna answer now?” He spits in his face, and Baekhyun looks him in the eye, remembering Chanyeols words he gave him when they were up on the roof. 

“You have to stick up for yourself! You can't let them push you down like that, Baek!” 

Just the deep sound of his voice resonating in his mind sends him strength, and he finds his hands forming fists by his sides. For Chanyeol, for his streak of light. 

“No.” It is out, he has said it, and there is a feeling of satisfaction brewing inside of him. If Chanyeol was here, would he be proud of him? 

“I'm sorry, did you just say ‘no?’” Jaehyun smirks and begins to laugh like a mainiac. “Fine, lets do it your way.” He is no longer laughing, and Baekhyun swallows when he grabs his fist and stricks at the frial boys' stomach. 

Baekhyun struggles to continue standing as the blows increase on his sides, but even though it hurts he feels proud for finally saying what he could have never said before. The bullies all have gained up on him, and it is not only his stomach that is getting pelted. They are attacking his entire body, and he falls to the floor, unable to handle it. 

“Hey! What do you all think you are doing?!” The voice manages to stop the punches momentairly, and Baekhyun tries to open his swollen eyes up. 

“, its the president, lets get out of here.” Jaehyun mutters and Baekhyun can only see feet running away from the site. 

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun sees four pairs of feet coming towards him, and he feels hands helping him up. “Baekhyun?” He looks to the side and finds Jongdae's face of concern meet him, he sighs in releif.

“You know him?” The other man asks, who he assumes is the president. Suho, he recalls. 

“He's my brothers friend, oh my, Baekhyun those asses.” Jongdae's face softens and Baekhyun looks away, he doesn't like it when others see him like this, so low and pitiful. But he has no choice as they carry him to the nurses office and help him lay down on the bed. 

“Did you say he's your brothers friend? As in Chanyeol?” Suho asks after they walk outside to wait for the nurse, and Jongdae nods with a breath.  

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

Suho regards him cautiously and shakes his head, “Well,” He looks into Jongdaes sad eyes and his shoulders deflate, “It's nothing, never mind.” Jongdae wants to question his uncertainity but thats when the nurse arrives.

“I can stay with him here, its okay if you want to go back to class.” Jongdae tells him, “And if you pass by Chanyeol, ask him to come by.”

“Jongdae—” The door closes before Suho could finish his sentence and he walks away with a sigh. 

________________________

Baekhyun stayed in the nurses office until it was time to go home, even though the nurse told him he can head out before the others, he still thought laying in the school bed was better than going to that hell hole. Instead of heading there after school, Baekhyun went into the library to grab a book until it was 7:00. 

Even though it made him feel nervous, he still promised Chanyeol to meet him, and he isn't going to go againt his promise merely because Martha didn't like it. 

He walked up and down the stairs in search for anything that sparked his interest. Skimming across the aisle he stopped at a shelf filled with books of adventure and romance. He never really had a chance to read willingly, considering he would either be trapped at home or studying. He takes out the first book his eyes land on and he sits down on one of the chairs. 

The book seemed okay at first, but he grew bored as his back began to throb, reminding him of what happened hours ago. Sighing, Baekhyun strightens his back and it displeases him when he hears a cracking noise, it felt as if he was already growing old. 

He was going to close the book and just sit on the floor to relieve his back ache, but a part in the book suddenly caught his interest. 

“I watched as Areum walked over to Sungjae with my wandering eyes. I couldn't help it, whenever a girl walked up to him I would always notice. Areum holds onto Sungjae's biscep and she bats her eyelashes flirtatiously and right away, I feel a jabbing inside my chest. It hurt, and I just want to rip her guts to shreds! I roll my eyes at my own crude thoughts, but this stupid jealousy is never going to leave unless I do something about her.” 

Instinctivly, Baekhyun presses his hand up against his chest. That sounded distinctly familair to him, he is pretty sure he felt something in his chest back when he first met Jongdae. But it wasn't a good feeling, it was a jabbing sensation. His eyes wonder back down towards the book, jealousy? Why would he be jealous? 

Baekhyun wants to ponder more upon this sudden topic, but the clock catches his attention and there are only five minutes till seven. Pursing his lips, he takes the book with him and makes sure to check out a dictonary with him also. 

He'll need to know what jealousy is before he can assume anything. 

_______________________

Baekhyun enters the cafe he is supposed to meet Chanyeol in, and his heart leaps in his chest at the sight of him. He has only seen his face, and he already thinks this is better than laying at home with more bruises. Definaitly better. 

Raising his hand to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter