3

Streak of light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

“So all I have to do is put ‘x’ on the other side?” Chanyeol asks as he taps the tip of his pencil on the messy space of the response portion. Baekhyun nods slightly and watches as Chanyeol erases his old work and writes down the new answer. “You know, there's this really cool smoothie place down the street, do you want to go?” The tall lad says as he finishes his last variable in the equation.

 

Baekhyun looks up at him and bites down on his bottom lip. He was here to tutor him, not to go out for food and hang out. Although the latter sounded so much more pleasing than anything, even studying, he still thought he had a duty to help Chanyeol; and he didn't want to dishonor it.

 

“But we're supposed to be studying.” He protests in his own little voice.

 

“I know, but we can take a break. And plus, I know all of this already because of you.” Baekhyun continues to look warily at him, and Chanyeol smiles at the caring side of the shorter boy.

 

“First I will make you some questions to solve...” He murmurs as he fumbles with his thumbs, and Chanyeol chuckles with a sigh at the end.

 

Baekhyun grabs another sheet of paper and begins to scribble down equations and questions down from his mind. As he writes he feels a finger poking his elbow, which almost makes him jump considering he has become sensitive to touching. “What about kimbap?” He offers and Baekhyun wants to smile at him— he is so persistent.

 

“Tteokbokki?”

 

No answer.

 

“Kimchi Chigae?”

 

No answer.

 

“Haemultang?”

 

No answer.

 

“Haejang Guk?”

 

Baekhyun stops writing and looks up at Chanyeol instantly in bewilderment; had he just heard him correctly?

 

“Haejang Guk..?” His lips jut out in confusion and he straightens his glasses on his nose, Chanyeol could tell he was a bit flustered. As far as Baekhyun knew, that type of soup was used for a hangover.

 

After a few seconds of watching the cute and confused boy, Chanyeol began to laugh hysterically, clapping his hands on his theighs as if he was a seal, not really minding the other people around him. “Finally! I thought I was never going to get your attention.” He continues to laugh as he slaps the desk dramatically, and Baekhyuns lips quirk up in amusement. He was just trying to grab his attention; another first.

 

After Chanyeol had successfully finished the problems that Baekhyun created for him, they left the humbleness of the library and entered the busy world outside. They walked together towards the well known Tteokbokki joint, since Chanyeol claimed that talking about rice cakes made him crave for them.

 

“Can you go order for us? I'll go grab us a table.” Chanyeol suggests and Baekhyun freezes momentarily. Speaking to Chanyeol and actually becoming more than acquaintances was a first for Baekhyun, he had no idea how to talk to anyone else without stuttering; which made him confused for a second. If he always stuttered and grew flustered whenever he had to speak towards someone, why is it that he didn't do as much of that while he was with Chanyeol? It befuddled him, but he shook it off when the modern question popped into his head.

 

“I can't... I don't r-really know how..”

 

Chanyeol places a hand on Baekhyuns shoulder and sends him one of his handsome toothy smiles. “You can do it, I'll come stand by your side.” Baekhyun wants to ask why he doesn't just order if he is going to come along, but the way he worded that sentence made him feel butterflies in his stomach. All these feelings and firsts; their all just so refreshing and new to him. Which gives him all the more reasons to agree with him.

 

Hesitantly, the feeble boy walks up to the cashier with his eyes lasered onto the floor. “What can I get you?” The woman behind the cash register asks, and Baekhyun looks behind him to find Chanyeols face instantly. He gives him a look filled with pleases and Chanyeol shakes his head with a smile, “Come on! Just order two regulars!” He mouths as he points his thumbs upwards to show his moral support.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head and begins to play with his fingers. Noticing his anxiety, Chanyeol smiles his way over and holds onto Baekhyuns shoulders. “Okay, let's do it Baek.”

 

Baek? Nobody has ever given him a nickname before... But he isn't complaining, because coming out of Chanyeol's lips; it sounded so blissfu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter