11

Streak of light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

Everything feels so quick and its as if it all just happened in the brick of a second, but all Baekhyun knows is that there are arms wrapped around him in the midst of his squirming aginst the water. Hands that are so much bigger compared to his, hands that he knows that are only Chanyeol's. And that fact makes him squirm even more, hitting the tall boy's chest constantly with his frail arms.

“L-Let go of me! Let me die!” He shouts as he continues to pound his frustrations out on Chanyeol's chest, “Why?! Just why are you so nice to me? I don't even know anything about you! Why do you make me feel like this?! I don't deserve you!” He has no idea if he even processed what he has just said, but it doesn't matter, it has been said. And maybe it's what has been needed to be said long ago. Seemingly like it was trapped within his soul, battling with his conscious to be freed.

Sometimes all a human needs is a little push that can erupt all the demons out in the open. Or in this case; into the chest of the innocent, the healer.

This sudden change or alter in his life is too much! He cannot fathom the reasoning for any of it! His raining fists begin to slow their pace on Chanyeol, as more tears roll down his already wet cheeks. “I'm worthless, useless, just a waste. Stop wasting your time with me Chanyeol... just stop.” His words are not made of shouts anymore, but are coated with despairity and reluctance, almost resembling small mumbles of realization. And he finds himself wrapped inside the chest he has been releasing his furry on, and he would push away, but his energy is nearly finished.

“Baekhyun, don't ever say that again, please.” His deep voice reverberates into Baekhyuns ears and he remembers how he used to love that sound, and that feeling of warmth, despite the shivers from the cool water, confirms that he still does. 

There is this vacant spot crawling around the same place he felt his soul being wreched out, and he believes they are all those feelings he has kept bottled up ever since the hospital. Seconds, minutes, hours, days and weeks... all passing by with no clue of his true emotions. Until now.

Pulling out hesitantly from Chanyeol's chest, Baekhyun looks up into the tallers eyes wearily. “And if its true?”

Chanyeol shakes his head instantly, “No, no Baekhyun it's not. Your not worthless or useless.” Securing his arm around the shorters tiny frame, Chanyeol cups his face in a supportive gesture, circling his thumb on his cold cheek calmingly as he speaks. “Fine, I will tell you, alright? Just promise me one thing.”

Unable to speak, Baekhyun blinks in return. 

“Your so much more than what you think you are, Baekhyun. You can be anything you want, you can do anything you dream of, don't let anyone get in your way. Espeicaly yourself. Stop selling yourself short, because your worth it and you deserve to be happy. Promise me you'll start to believe in yourself, because even if I beleive in you, it doesn't matter if you don't believe in yourself.” The way Chanyeol is looking at him makes him want to say the simple two words, and maybe because it's just Chanyeol's way of wording elements so... alluringly, Baekhyun finds himself nodding.

“I... I promise.”

________________________

Afterwards, Chanyeol quickly made sure to take Baekhyun out of the water and into an inn that is truly abrupt, but it is their only source of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter