13

Streak of light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun ends up heading to Tao's room, instead of Mr. Zhang's. But he doesn't mind it, considering the masked man could have been an actual murderer, he's relieved. However, he's also confused. Why would Tao go around stealing things? He's assuming though, but what else would be inside that old bag? The rattling sounded like jewelry, even.

“Don't tell my parents, they'd lock me up if they found out.” Tao doesn't bother with anything else but this type of negotiation, and it rattles Baekhyun that he thinks that he, out of anyone, would go up and rat him out. Though they don't really know each other that well, so it's understandable.

“I won't...” He murmurs, pursing his lips to the side, it's evident that he wishes to question him; Tao even gets the hunch.

“So let me guess, you think I'm a horrible person now and your probably scared as hell sitting in front of me right now.”

“I never said that.”

“Well it's all over your face.” He catches him, and Baekhyun sighs. He doesn't want to seem prying.

“It's just that, I never thought you did these types of things.” He also doesn't want to be judgmental.

“Clearly, you don't know me at all. This isn't stealing from the mall or anything.”

House theft, he supposes, is what Tao does then. “But it's still stealing.” Baekhyun speaks without having thought about it.

“It's freeing, I guess. Some people like basketball and I like taking things without anyone knowing. Like a hobby.” Tao shrugs, walking over to sit besides him on the bed. Baekhyun suddenly feels intimidated, or cautious, should be the correct word. It surprises him that merely liking something can justify the bad action. Do other teenagers think like this also? All these iniquires makes him feel terribly tired, so he gets up, quite awkwardly, if he must say so.

“I'll just pretend I didn't see anything.” He ends up saying this as he walks over towards the door, but Tao is saying something that makes him walk slower.

“Our next hit is up the river, just sayin'. You seem chill about it, so if you want, join.” And he leaves on that peculiar note.

_________________________

Instead of going to school the following day, Chanyeol comes in and swoops him onto the bike, claiming that he didn't feel like doing anything educational. Baekhyun, of course, snorted and gave him the you-never-feel-like-doing-anything-educational look. But he went anyway, wanting to accompany him even if he were to miss school.

“So how was Mr. Zhang yesterday? Any progress?” Chanyeol hollers from the kitchen, making Baekhyun sigh, remembering the event that took place alternatively. The tall boy emerges out of the hallway with a gaint bowl of ice cream in hand, sitting besides him on the couch.

“I don't like it there, but I ended up not going.” He admits.

“I know, you shouldn't be there.” Suddenly, Baekhyun feels his heart begin to beat even faster than usual. Chanyeol makes it sound as if he knows about Martha... the thought sends shivers down his bony spine. However he dismisses it, he can't know... right?

He hesitates as he speaks, “What do you mean...?”

“Nothing, I'm just not a fan of therapists either.” Baekhyun chuckles at that, unintentionally of course. He meant to laugh in his head, but it just... came out.

Chanyeol raises his left brow, “And why are you laughing, Mr. BaekBaek?”

“Well... never mind.” He bites onto his bottom lip, hoping that Chanyeol would forget about this topic.

However Chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter