4

Streak of light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

Clothes, clothes, and more clothes. Foundation, concealer, and more concealer. Baekhyun repeats this pattern the following morning, and it all feels like a drag mixed with a headache. He covers himself up from head to toe, making sure that the slightest bruise could go unnoticed.

 

He hates life. He hates this Earth. He hates the fact that every other child is able to laugh happily with their mothers and love one another with a passion. God took away his mother and gave him some demented women in return, but for what? What has he done to deserve such a dreadful life?

 

Shaking his head and strapping his bookbag on his sore back, he walks out of his room and into the grim air of fear and hate.

 

“Oh, hey look Baekdick woke up.” One of the evil productions, Devan, spoke. Making Baekhyun want to curse ultimately, he just wanted to get out quietly, just for once. “I thought mother would have you on the floor for days, why the would you get up?” Devan snarls as he takes a bite out of his bagel. And Baekhyun hangs his head and turns the other way, basically running towards the corridor just to escape.

 

He would have never picked himself up from that stone, hard, glass prickled floor if it wasn't for a certain someone that has been flooding his mindset. Chanyeol. He just has to see Chanyeol, with him he feels as if he can walk with a soul once again, he can feel like as if he is more than just a walking corpse. To be alive... It's his only way of surviving; to be besides his streak of light.

 

The wave of wind brushes against his fringe and he feels a bit of the anguish drifting away along with it. He breathes in and uncovers his long sleeve to reveal the marks slashed on his pale skin. The disgusting and ugly marks given to him for simply being himself. Is he that bad of a person? Being himself... is it that terrible? His knees begin to weaken and the feeling of the earth is against his knees. He is so sick of himself, those marks and hideous bruises all feel like weights pushing him down. How is he to escape this dark portal? Is he ever going to have a breakthrough in this tunnel of hell?

 

“Baekhyun!” And there it is, the voice in which he believes serves as his escape. “Dear god, are you alright?” Baekhyun quickly covers his wrist back up and stands up with the help of his tall streak of light.

 

“Y-Yeah... I just uh, f-felt dizzy.” He says the first thing that surfaces inside his head.

 

“Then it's a good thing we're here, come, can you walk?” It is then that Baekhyun notices that they are not alone. He looks over at the boy next to Chanyeol in curiosity and confusion adding to the bothersome feeling in his chest. He had no idea that he was one to assume first, but the only thing that popped into his mind when he looked at the boy's chocolate chip eyes, was the question of a possible relationship between the two. And he didn't like the assumption.

 

Chanyeol wraps his arms around his weak fragile one in an attempt to hold him steady. The other boy with silky hair follows suit, holding onto his other arm for more support. When he feels the other boy wrap his arm around his, it feels so different and uncomfortable. He thought he has out grown the feeling ever since he met Chanyeol, but he guesses its not the case.

 

It's strange though, the arm that Chanyeol is holding feels normal and so secure, but the other one is so tingly and intollerable, and he just wants to pull his hand away. What is this sudden feeling? The boy smiles at him though, and Baekhyun is momentarily shocked at the beauty of his glowing smile. He doesn't know how to react though, so he only allows them to haul him without restriction.

 

“So, where is your house?” Chanyeol asks, and Baekhyun tries to think of ways to keep them away from that horrible place in specific.

 

“Jeez Chanyeol, why are you so straightforward?” The silky haired boy interrupts with a snarl, and Baekhyun blinks in interest, they also sound close.

 

Chanyeol's chuckle enters his ear, and Baekhyun can't help but love the melody even more. “Yeah, yeah, that's how I am. And you love me either way, so shut up Jongdae.” He speaks so naturally and calmly to this Jongdae guy, which is the exact opposite of the frail boys rapid heart beat. ‘Love me?’ He suddenly feels weaker than usual, and it sends something bile down his throat. What is this peculiar emotion surging within him? He doesn't like it at all.

 

He has no idea why this accursed feeling was jabbing him in his chest when there was no harm to be done. He doesn't know why, but the thought of having his streak of light love someone other than him disgusts him. Well... he isn't implying that Chanyeol loves him, they haven't known one another that long to be using the word love, but he just... can't explain these flames igniting throughout his chest.

 

Mustering the ability to speak, he says, “I-I don't want to go home... I'm o-okay, really.” Even though Baekhyun felt so faint and drowsy, he wouldn't dare go back to the hell hole that started his fatigue. It wasn't even on the list of potential places he'd rather call home.

 

“Baekhyun, you look really sick. Are you sure?” Chanyeol says with worry coating his tone, and Baekhyun isn't sure what that type of tone is though, since he isn't very familiar with such a way of speaking.

 

Nodding weakly, he utters a small, “Yes..”

 

Throughout the whole conversation be that as it may, Baekhyun was too engrossed to even notice the stare Jongdae was giving them. It shouted out with words of amusement and mirth. A look so mechivious that it almost reminds him of Chanyeols face of mischief. But there was something in his eyes... something that just sent him mixed signals.

 

“Chanyeol is right, we could take you to my place if you'd like? It's free of parents and annoyances, so it's pretty pleasing.” Jongdae says as if they have known each other for years, and Baekhyun doesn't really like how comfortable he was acting towards him. They don't know each other and they don't need to know each other, Baekhyun would prefer to keep it that way. His sudden urge too stay away from Jongdae shocked himself a tad bit, considering he has always wanted to speak to others... Okay, it shocked him beyond comparison.

 

He wants to decline him, but Chanyeol is staring at him with those full eyes of almond and beauty, which sway his heart almost too quickly. Attempting to hide his emotions, Baekhyun bites down on his bottom lip, “Sure..”

 

They arrive at Jongdaes' home relatively quickly, and he thought it would take a while since they were basically hauling him, but it felt like a breeze. He shouldn't be surprised though, he barley weighs anywhere near where an average teenager is supposed to weigh. “Welcome to Casa del ChanChen.” Chanyeol says as they walk through the door, and Baekhyun finds himself freezing at the door frame. Did he just say ‘ChanChen?’ What is that? The street name or something?

 

“Who is...” Baekhyun murmurs quietly, but Chanyeol seemed to have heard him so he smiles cheekly at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter