Chapter 2

Unexpected

He's my assistant?”

 

Seokjin stared aghast at Jimin.

 

Jimin nodded, looking from one man to the other, confusion evident in his eyes. “Yes, he's your assistant. Er…”

 

He took hold of the two flabbergasted men and turned them to face each other. “Seokjin, this is Namjoon-shii. Namjoon-shii, this is Seokjin.”
Seokjin mumbled something about being the elder, but Jimin plowed on, completely disregarding Seokjin's comment.

 

Jimin addressed Namjoon. “You'll be working with Seokjin, starting from today. Your job will be to file and type documents, do errands, tidy up the office, colour the designs, and research anything that Seokjin asks of you. You're going to have to arrive here at nine sharp and get Seokjin's schedule for the day ready.”

 

Namjoon blinked at the sudden influx of demands. He nodded blankly and nervously held a hand out for Seokjin to shake.

 

Seokjin took Namjoon's hand and bowed stiffly. “I'm looking forward to working with you.” He made an effort to smile.

 

Namjoon squinted slightly out of embarrassment, his palms sweating slightly. He bowed lowly. “M-me too. Please look after me. Thank you.”

 

Jimin, sensing the uncomfortable atmosphere between the two, bustled them into the office. “Okay... wow, Seokjin, you really didn't bother to appear organised. Namjoon-shii, if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask me.” Jimin chirped cheerfully. He waved an arm around Seokjin's workspace.

 

“This is Seokjin's office. These are where the files are kept, this wall has the powerpoints, and the bathroom is through that door in the corner. You can't see it? Seokjin, you really have to move the cabinet away from the bathroom door... These are the heater switches, the light switches…”

________________________________________________________

Namjoon and Seokjin bent over, hands on knees, puffing out breaths at ground floor near the reception. Jimin had used over three hours of precious time taking them on a whirlwind tour of the building- all sixty four floors, with lots of speedwalking and many minute and irrelevant details such as what the purple stain near office thirty eight was (apparently an employee named Kim Taehyung had created the stain in a freak hair-dyeing incident) and exactly how the cake ingredients for the cafe was ordered, processed and cooked (and never to order the last turkey sandwich).

 

Both men recovered after a few minutes of wheezing. Seokjin stood and fumbled to find something to say. He looked at his cheap watch and realised that it was lunchtime. Thank god, now I can relax.

 

“Hey... Namjoon, is it? It's already lunchtime. You can go eat. Meet me back at my office in an hour.” Seokjin moved towards the lift.

 

He heard Namjoon call out a little unsurely. “Uh… Seokjin-shii? I’m sorry for bumping into you this morning.” An embarrased cough followed.

 

Seokjin turned, smiling slightly. At least he’s got manners. “No problem. How about we start over?” He extended a hand.
Namjoon raised an eyebrow slightly and took Seokjin’s hand.

 

“Pleased to meet you, I’m Kim Seokjin.”

 

“Pleased to meet you too… I’m Kim Namjoon.”

 

Authour’s Note:

 

another short chapter… T.T but I think it ends pretty well so no matter. :3
I hope it satisfies you guys… enjoy, i guess?

 

I actually had a bit of writer’s block after the bit where Seokjin and Namjoon shake hands but I somehow managed to work it out ehehe

 

these first couple of chapters are a bit boring… but I want to build up the storyline or something before actual bromance happens so bear with me for a while //bows//

 

the updates have no preset date… I just post chapters when I feel that the chapter feels ‘done’ so stock up on other fanfictions ^^”

 

*awkward out~* heheh

 

P.S. I just realised that Seokjin seems to have a little of Jimin’s personality? and Jimin has a little of Jungkook’s personality...