Chapter 22

Unexpected

“Hey Jimin, Taehyung.” Seokjin smiled as the duo sat at the table. “I thought Hoseok was coming down with you?”

“Oh, hyung’s busy. Someone complained about someone else and they’re having a fight now or something.” Taehyung idly brushed off the ‘new’ jacket he was wearing.

Jimin, bubblier than usual, gave a tinkling laugh. “That’s the third fight this week! I bet you ten dollars Hoseok says he’s going to quit again when he gets down here.”

They placed their orders with a chorus of “give us the usual, thanks”. Jungkook, taking table orders for the day, rolled his eyes and moved onto the next table mumbling, “why do I even bother with you guys?” Hoseok came down later, all suppressed annoyance, and announced that he was going to quit. Jimin received ten dollars from a grudging Seokjin while Taehyung dragged Hoseok away to cool off.

Jungkook approached their table, his arms laden with dishes. “Oh, would you look at that. When I have your food ready, half of you disappear.” He mock-glared at the remaining two.

“Sorry, sorry! Hoseok was pissed and Tae’s calming him down.” Jimin giggled and held up his hands.

Jungkook poked out his lower lip as he loaded the table with food. “Okay, I forgive you. Only because Seokjin-hyung is nice and you’re cute.” He left to take more orders.

Seokjin blinked at Jimin. “Is it just me, or is your weird happy aura affecting even Jungkook?”

“What aura?” Jimin smiled at Seokjin, a confused tilt to his head.

Seokjin squinted. So bright. He felt around until he found a plate he could eat from. “So how come you’re so giggly today?”

“Maybe I’m so giggly because you’re squinting like that.” Jimin’s laugh tinkled again.

“Oh.” Seokjin uncrumpled his face and started eating. He watched Jimin grin at his plate of food. “...I’ll eat that if you’re only going to smile at it.”

“Oh, right.” Jimin picked up a spoon and stabbed at his steak, leaning his chin on his palm and smiling out the window.

Seokjin smothered a laugh with a forkful of ravioli and followed Jimin’s line of sight to a… Min Yoongi on the other side of the street?

Evening out his expression and powering through his pasta, Seokjin watched with interest as Jimin followed Yoongi’s path back to the building with a blush/grin combo on his face. Ah-hah, someone has a cruu-ush.

Jimin turned back to his food after Yoongi disappeared into the lift, noticing Seokjin eyeing him. “What?”

“Someone has a cruu-ush.” Seokjin spasmed his right eyelid and sent a string of winks at Jimin.

Jimin froze, his face going pale. “Wh-what? What are you-” He shoved back in his seat, food forgotten. “I don’t-”

Seokjin dropped his fork and held out his hands, alarm firing up in his brain. “Wait, Jimin-”

Jimin clattered out of his chair and pushed past groups of people, Seokjin hurriedly doing the same. “Jimin!”

Seokjin followed Jimin into the closest bathroom, shoving open the door. He heard a stall slamming closed and ran to it. “Jimin!”

His shout echoed on the tiles, then faded to silence. A few moments later, muffled sobs reached Seokjin’s ears and drove his alarm to a whole new level. “Jimin, oh god whatever I said I didn’t mean for it to be mean or anything like that, Jimin please understand that whatever I did wasn’t-”

“I-I know.” Jimin’s voice was shaky and weak, and barely there. “You couldn’t have known anyway, I was so careful, but now-” his sentence was cut off by a choked hiccup.

Seokjin paced back and forth, running his hands through his hair and halfway to tears himself. “Jimin- oh gosh, I- okay. Okay, alright.” He stopped and faced the stall. “If… if you want to talk this out, I’m here. Please know that I’m always here and I’ll accept you no matter what and-”

Seokjin stopped his tongue wagging as Jimin slowly opened the door, his face blotchy and streaked with tears. He looked at Seokjin pleadingly. “Hyung.”

Seokjin stepped forwards and enveloped Jimin in a bear hug, his eyes watery. “I’m so sorry.”

Jimin gave a shaky laugh, hands trembling on Seokjin’s back. “You don’t even know what you’re sorry for.”

Seokjin pulled back and gazed pleadingly into Jimin’s eyes, hands on his shoulders. “That’s what I want to understand... I-I mean, if you’re okay with talking about it.”

Jimin’s gaze drifted to Seokjin’s shoes, and he moved back into the taller’s arms, body trembling. “I-I like… guys. I’ve always liked guys, and I’ve never told anyone else until now.” His voice was barely above a whisper, and wobbly with tears.

Seokjin squeezed Jimin’s small frame. “That’s okay. You can like the moon and the moon only, and that’s okay.” He looked up, nose and eyes running.

A sob echoed through the bathroom, and Seokjin felt Jimin tense up. “Seokjin, are you crying?”

“N-no, you’re the one crying.”

“Wait… then who just sobbed?”

“What?”

Jimin swallowed thickly. “I-Is there someone else in here? Who heard us?” He began shaking uncontrollably, clinging onto Seokjin.

Seokjin tightened his grip on Jimin, glancing down the line of stalls. If whoever heard was going to be an asshat to Jimin, he’d beat them to a pulp right then and there- and there! The last stall’s door was closed.

“Come out here right now.” Seokjin called out, voice menacing.

A yelp sounded, accompanied by scuffling. The stall’s door slammed open, and a crying Hoseok and terrified Taehyung tumbled out. “I-It’s just us Seokjin!”

“Guys!” Jimin’s eyes went wide, and he lost all feeling in his legs. “I was so damn scared, you freaking-”

Hoseok rushed forwards and squeezed Jimin in a hug, snot running down his face. “JIMIN! Oh my god I’m sorry!”

“F-for what?” Jimin choked out, caught between tears and laughter.

“For not knowing! JIMIN!” Hoseok wiped his face into Jimin’s shoulder.

Jimin laughed and hugged Hoseok back, petting his head. “There there, it’s okay. Don’t wipe your nose on me- wait, why am I comforting you-”

Taehyung and Seokjin watched them, silently cracking up. Taehyung suddenly whipped around to Seokjin. “Seriously, though, please… don’t ever say anything in that voice again it was so scary!”

“W-what?” Seokjin laughed, half in disbelief. “After all that, you’re most affected by my scary mom voice!?”

Taehyung’s expression slowly broke down, tears forming in his eyes. “No, actually… I-I…” He gestured helplessly towards Jimin and Hoseok, who were now crying into each other’s shoulders. “He was my best friend since primary school… and there was a fundamental part of him that I never knew about until now? What kind of best friend am I to not notice…” He dropped his head, covering his eyes with a hand and stifling his sobs.

Seokjin put an arm around Taehyung, wiping at his own eyes. “I don’t think anyone knew except for Jimin himself… but I’m glad he chose to tell us.” Seokjin paused. “Well, me. But you guys were eavesdropping and well, I’m glad things turned out fine in the end.”

“Me too.” Taehyung rubbed his eyes and leaned into Seokjin as they both watched Jimin and Hoseok wail in each other’s arms.


Jungkook did a double take as he went by the empty table with four plates left almost untouched. “Typical! Gosh, wasting food like that.” He poked out his lower lip as he took the food to pack into takeaway boxes.

 

Author’s Note:

wELL.

um, long time no see, guys! :D

...oh who am i kidding its been almost a bloody year since anything of mine has been updated ;-; once again, I’M EXTREMELY SORRY!!!!!!!

and after all that time in which your brains most likely forgot the plot or forgot about this fanfic, i hit you with a truckload of feels and closet-wrecking. I’m terrible I know. I was shaking writing that bathroom scene... but heEEYYY PLOT PROGRESSION! :D

… *coughafterayearoopscough*

I wish I could say that I was bettering my writing skills and plot creation skills and whatnot during all that time, but I wasn’t. go figure.

on the other hand, I did get into Yuuri!! On Ice. which is great! life wrecking, but great! and i’m actually doing a bit of ice skating because of it. weeaboo much? oops ><

well! what’s been going on with you guys? you all good? oh who am i kidding 2016 was pretty crap. stupid question.

I’m in senior year now, so that means more serious business school stuff! I mean stuff! to do. so even though I’ll be busy, I’ll do my best to write this fic to the end! I started it, i have to finish it or i would be pretty ! ^^ (this all really doesn’t make sense because I had pLENTY of spare time to write before senior year started shesus christ what am i doing???)

Yours apologetically,

*awkward out*