Chapter 13

Unexpected

“So, Jimin’s party will be at The Bulgogi which is a few streets away from work, which will make it easy to drag Jimin there. The party starts at eleven in the morning next Monday.”

Hoseok read out the details of Jimin’s surprise party off a sheet of paper.

 

Jungkook piped up. “I can make drinks.”

 

Seokjin frowned across the table at Jungkook. “No you will not, young man. You do that too much already.”

 

Jungkook pouted slightly. “I’m twenty, Seokjin! Jeez. Besides, I’m sure I’ll be better than whatever bartender is at The Bulgogi. I have a degree in bartending, in case you forgot.”

 

Taehyung cut off whatever Seokjin was about to say. “I already made reservations at The Bulgogi. It’s going to take up the entire restaurant, since half the people on Jimin’s floor are coming. I also ordered four cakes.”

 

Everyone turned to stare at Taehyung. “Four!?”

 

Taehyung stared back at them. “What? There are going to be a lot of people.”

 

It was Saturday afternoon, and they were all sitting around Hoseok’s coffee table, planning Jimin’s surprise party. There were papers outlining the party scattered over the coffee table, some of them stained with various drinks and splotches of food.

 

Seokjin leaned across the table, reaching for a chip. “We’ll need designated drivers if there's going to be alcohol at the party.”

 

Hoseok shook his head. “There’ll only be some beer at the party, a lot of people don’t drink. But at the end there’s going to be some champagne… I don’t think many people are going to get drunk though, so we don’t need designated drivers.”

 

Jungkook shifted in his beanbag. “Does the boss know half of Jimin’s floor is taking that day off?”

 

Taehyung nodded. “I already asked him about it. He said okay.”

 

Smiling and clapping his hands together, Hoseok stood up. “Okay! Now that everything’s sorted, who wants to watch the Avengers?”

 

Laughing, Hoseok jumped and ducked around the room as cushions and papers and groans of ‘not again!’ were pelted at him.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

On Monday morning, the Bulgogi was bustling with activity. Cooks shouted at one another for ‘more onion in the soup’ and ‘we need more wagyu beef here’, waiters were hanging up bunting and “Happy Birthday” banners, Seokjin was setting the tables, Hoseok was running around with a clipboard and yelling at the top of his lungs, Jungkook was hovering around with one eye on the cakes, giant chocolate monstrosities decked out with snowstorms of icing sugar. Taehyung was in charge of distracting Jimin until the time came to snatch him away from work and whisk him to the party.

 

Seokjin twitched the last bowl into place and stretched his arms, sighing with relief. He glanced at his watch. Ten fifty-one, just in time.

 

Seokjin spotted Hoseok and called out. “Hey, It’s ten fifty-one. I think we’re pretty much done here.”

 

Hoseok waved his clipboard to show that he had heard, then raised his voice. “Okay everyone, go to your places! Jungkook's going to call Taehyung now.”

 

A flurry of movement ensued as people moved to their spots, chatting and laughing. A stream of people came through the door, taking up more seats. Seokjin, Hoseok and Jimin took their places, sitting close to the cake in the center of the room. The lights flicked off one by one.

 

Jungkook took out his phone and dialled Taehyung, putting it on speaker. Everyone in the restaurant went expectantly silent.

 

“Hello?” Taehyung’s deep voice came through the phone.

 

“We’re ready here, bring him over quickly.”

 

“Will do~!”

_____________________________________________________________________

 

“-Tae, why are we here? I’m supposed to be working-”

 

“Shhh, Jimin. You’ll see-”

 

The lights flicked on as soon as the door opened, revealing an agitated Jimin and a grinning Taehyung.

 

“SURPRISE!”

 

Party popper ribbons and colourful confetti immediately draped a surprised, delighted Jimin. “A-A surprise party? Tae, what? Why didn’t you tell me!?”

 

Taehyung dodged gleefully away from a mock-angry Jimin amidst cheers and laughter. “It’s a surprise party! A surprise party!”

_____________________________________________________________________

After the cake was cut, the presents given, the polite social interactions done, Jimin sat with Hoseok, Taehyung, Jungkook and Seokjin, surrounded by chatter, bits of wrapping paper and confetti. “I can’t believe you went through this trouble- seriously, a cake would have been more than enough-”

 

Jungkook cut Jimin off. “Jimin, you’re twenty one now! 2-N-E-1! There’s obviously going to be a big party.”

 

Seokjin stared at Jungkook. “Did you just? Really, Jungkook-”

 

Jimin suddenly gasped aloud, a look of horror crossing his face. “Did you ask for permission for everyone to not go to work today? Oh no, If everyone gets in trouble because of me-”

 

Taehyung patted Jimin’s head. “There there, I asked boss for permission and he said that it was okay.”

 

Seokjin grinned slightly. “Speak of the devil, look who’s here.”

 

Everyone within hearing range of Seokjin turned to the door.

 

Min Yoongi stood in the doorway, daylight spilling around his frame.

 

 

Author’s Note:

 

*buries head in hands* agh I’m reaaally sorry for the late updates ;-; I’ll try harder o(╥_╥)o

 

...anyway, I feel like Hoseok would be the type to obsess over the Avengers and make his friends rewatch it over and over heheh ( ̄ω ̄)

 

well. I apologise for the 2NE1 thing… that’s what happens when I try to be funny… bUT I ASSURE YOU MY PUNS ARE COMEDY GOLD. EVEN IF MY FRIENDS KEEP INSISTING OTHERWISE.

 

well, Min Yoongi comes onto the scene yet again ^^

 

and, just so you know, I’ll be starting a side arc? side story? for a Yoongi X [censored] ship WHOOP WHOOP

 

the side arc/story thing will most likely interact a bit with the main story in order to give it some momentum… or something like that lol

 

those chapters will be posted here, so you don’t have to subscribe to another story (´ω`)

 

*awkward out~*

P.S. IM REALLY SORRY BIUT I CHANGED A BIT OF THE LAST CHAPTER I LITERALLY JUST ADDED ONE WORD IN ;-; I KEEP MAKING PLOT MISTAKES AND STUFF AND IT ANOYS ME SO MUCH SO IM REALLY SOTRY AB OUT MY TY EDITING SKILLS ;-;